Evolution Q & A

Evolution Q & A

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
138d

@pettytalk said
Well, try not to partially contradict yourself in your belief. Evolutionists and creationists have something in common, if you put it that way. It's all about dirt, the dust of the earth, and a single cell, a single man. 'And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.'

It's also iron ...[text shortened]... existence.

Creationists create a lot of logical inconsistencies for themselves by being so naive.
Depending how you define evolution you can be a creationist but as soon as you go single cell up to the various life we see today, no.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
138d

@pettytalk said
Well, try not to partially contradict yourself in your belief. Evolutionists and creationists have something in common, if you put it that way. It's all about dirt, the dust of the earth, and a single cell, a single man. 'And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.'

It's also iron ...[text shortened]... existence.

Creationists create a lot of logical inconsistencies for themselves by being so naive.
There are no hints in single cell evolution to the vast array of organisms today, if you see them it’s all coming from you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
138d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No sir. It was a factual statement.
So you believe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
137d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It wouldn't have been written at all, if you hadn't evolved to have a hand and hold a pen.
If knowledge, consciousness, the ability to speak and understand were not given to us by God, you could not be grasp the universe at all. If God hadn’t designed this universe to support life here you wouldn’t be here. If God hadn’t fearfully and wonderfully made us you would not be here.

F

Moves
137d

@kellyjay said
If God hadn’t designed this universe to support life here you wouldn’t be here.
Is this an "argument"?

Moves
137d

@kellyjay said
There are no hints in single cell evolution to the vast array of organisms today, if you see them it’s all coming from you.
Were you taught that God created man for companionship with Himself?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
137d

@pettytalk said
Were you taught that God created man for companionship with Himself?
Nope, God requires nothing He created man because it was His pleasure to do so. It is a wonder why God does the things He does to us. He is a Being without need, His love is everlasting, and there is no limit to His knowledge, power, or scope, the universe cannot contain Him. So His plans are His own, and our greatest accomplishment is to be like Him, there is no higher standard, but because He is Holy.

I believe holiness puts us off due to His nature, it is so foreign to us. I believe we tend to move towards evil more than righteousness and holiness as they reveal our faults clearly and expose us to what we are. In contrast, evil likes the dark and relativism so we can make up things as we go instead of seeing reality for what it is.

IP

Moves
137d

@of-ants-and-imps said
What natural process in evolution theory explains how deformities are reversible? With no intelligent design factor, what scientific basis suggests any remedial function to give contraindications on the macro and micro-level physiology? Beaten and beating on purpose.
Why do deformities have to be reversible?

Moves
137d

@kellyjay said
So you believe.
Belief is a religion thing. I'm speaking about a factual certainty.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
137d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Exactly what do you think you have that is factual certainty, science doesn't have factual certainty, it has this is what we know until something new comes along and changes what we know. You are building your house on shifting sand.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
137d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
We are all walking out our lives in what we believe to be true, even science cannot be done unless there are foundational beliefs that say it can. You are confused.

Moves
137d

@kellyjay said
Exactly what do you think you have that is factual certainty, science doesn't have factual certainty, it has this is what we know until something new comes along and changes what we know. You are building your house on shifting sand.
I give you fossils and scientific discoveries. You give me fairy tales about talking serpents and forbidden apples.

Moves
137d

@kellyjay said
We are all walking out our lives in what we believe to be true, even science cannot be done unless there are foundational beliefs that say it can. You are confused.
Evidence based. That is the glaring difference.

Moves
137d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I give you fossils and scientific discoveries. You give me fairy tales about talking serpents and forbidden apples.
I wasn't aware that knowledge was represented by an apple. I have heard about the apples in the Garden of the Hesperides, but there is no specific mention of apples in the Garden of Eden.

Are there Biblical literalists who actually believe that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil produces an actual fruit that can be consumed as food?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
137d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Fossils are rocks that were once living beings, those are facts, but what you make of them, and what you say about them, in your scientific discoveries, are not much different than fairy tales! They are simply stories about what might have been millions of years ago and are as verifiable as a creation event.

Nothing about your fossils speaks to consciousness, morals, right, wrong, truth, lies, mathematical truths, and understanding, how life started, why is everything so fine-tuned for life to be here, and you have no clue how life started let alone how all of the informational instructions in life got there either.

You simply have stories about what could explain a small portion of the history of those rocks, and looking at the whole picture of timing and the odds, your stories are not explaining a lot, You do not have a meta-narrative on all of the questions in life or the universe, and as some plead ignorance as if that means anything, it is not an argument, for anyone's side, it just is only says, no clue.