Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
14 Oct 18
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

I told you before that I did not have a belief that suicide is a mortal sin leading to eternal punishment necessarily.

If I told you before, why are you re-asking ? And if you are SO very tired of me why are you following me to converse ?

Where did you answer me about John 3:36 ?

Are all non-existent people abiding under the wrath of God ?
Where?
Where?
Where?
We are fundamentally opposed when it comes to the mercies of Jesus Christ. You believe he was last seen in the bible overseeing the endless torture of billions, while I... do not.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Oct 18
2 edits

@sonship said
I think perhaps you are muddling 'psychologists' for 'farmers.'

Nope. The data I am familiar with is not current. But I think in the late 70s and into the 80s I recall that psychologist therapists had the highest number of suicides.

Not farmers.
Perhaps you were only focusing on 'professions', but the one group in the US singularly affected by suicide is our military veterans.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/09/21/us/22-veteran-suicides-a-day/index.html

First time I ran across this data, I was shocked. After having interaction since then with the homeless, a large percentage of which are military veterans, I am not so shocked. Leon Panetta was right when he said that this level of military veteran suicides is an "epidemic". We need to do a far better job of supporting our veterans; what's happening now just isn't cutting it.

That article is from 2013. And this is still a problem.

https://www.usveteransmagazine.com/2017/09/shocking-military-suicide-rates-identifying-signs/

Moves
14 Oct 18

@suzianne said
Perhaps you were only focusing on 'professions', but the one group in the US singularly affected by suicide is our military veterans.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/09/21/us/22-veteran-suicides-a-day/index.html

First time I ran across this data, I was shocked. After having interaction since then with the homeless, a large percentage of which are military veterans, I am not ...[text shortened]... em.

https://www.usveteransmagazine.com/2017/09/shocking-military-suicide-rates-identifying-signs/
Yes, that really is a very sad percentage.

I greatly wish we did live in a world where suicide was obsolete. As you highlight however, this simply isn't the case, even among those brave people who have risked their lives for their God and country.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18
2 edits

@divegeester

We are fundamentally opposed when it comes to the mercies of Jesus Christ. You believe he was last seen in the bible overseeing the endless torture of billions, while I... do not.

I do not believe that that is how Jesus Christ is "last seen". YOU are stumbled to such a degree by chapter 14 that in YOUR offended mind that is the "last" thing "seen".

There are eight more chapters to go after 14 going on to chapters 21 and 22. A grand wedding between the Lamb and the New Jerusalem within a new heaven and a new earth is more the "last seen" matter to me.

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

I do not believe that that is how Jesus Christ is "last seen". YOU are stumbled to such a degree by chapter 14 that in YOUR offended mind that is the "last" thin ...[text shortened]... amb and the New Jerusalem within a new heaven and a new earth is more the "last seen" matter to me.
Is Jesus portrayed as overseeing the torture according to Chapter 14?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
15 Oct 18
2 edits

@sonship said
@divegeester
I do not believe that that is how Jesus Christ is "last seen". YOU are stumbled to such a degree by chapter 14 that in YOUR offended mind that is the "last" thin amb and the New Jerusalem within a new heaven and a new earth is more the "last seen" matter to me.
Revelation 14:9

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Your version of Jesus overseeing the burning in hell.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
15 Oct 18
1 edit

Here’s a passage for all you hellfire and burning believers to have a look and and tell me this; which bits are literal and which are metaphors and symbolisms?

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.
With justice he judges and wages war.
His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns.
He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.
“He will rule them with an iron scepter.”
He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.
And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”
Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army.
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf.
With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh

I’m betting that it is ALL metaphors...EXCEPT the lake of sculpture and the burning ... am I right?

What a desperately sad doctrine of death it is that you cling to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Here’s a passage for all you hellfire and burning believers to have a look and and tell me this; which bits are literal and which are metaphors and symbolisms?

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.
His eyes are like blazing fire, and on h ...[text shortened]... and the burning ... am I right?

And what doctrine do you cling to?

Where everyone goes to heaven and the abused child and her unrepentant attacker share a bowl of ice cream?

You don’t recognize God’s justice at all?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
15 Oct 18

Anyone want to take up the challenge in my previous post...?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Anyone want to take up the challenge in my previous post...?
Is it a “checkmate question?” Bronwen?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Oct 18

@divegeester said

From Revelation 19

His eyes are like blazing fire, and on h ...[text shortened]... and the burning ... am I right?

nice passage bro.

metaphor for a new life?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18
3 edits

@FMF

Is Jesus portrayed as overseeing the torture according to Chapter 14?

It says that the Antichrist's worshippers will be tormented in the presence of the Lamb and the holy angels in verse 10.

"If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand. He also shall drink the wine of the fury of God, which is mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath, and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy angels and before the Lamb.

And the smoke of their tormenting goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name. " (Rev. 14:9b-11)

I think you will eventually reply that you really don't care about these things. The "apathetic figure" FMF doesn't really care.

But some of us care for this revelation. And about many, many other things in the Holy Bible, of all kinds, we also care.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18
3 edits

@divegeester

Thanks God, instead of "Untrue" and "Not Faithful".

Thank God for this too. Not in "injustice" He makes war. There have been plenty of wars like that. Jesus Christ will make war and judge with justice.

His eyes are like blazing fire,

Nothing, but nothing can be concealed from His gaze. Nothing can be hidden.

Not even anonymous Internet tags and who they belong to.

and on his head are many crowns.

I think the Greek word here denotes reef like head adornments such as the ancient athletes wore.

Not just one accolade does Jesus have, but many.
He alone is exceptional among all other humans who have ever lived.

he judges and makes war in righteousness because He alone is qualified to do so on God's behalf.

He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

The experiences that the Son of Man had to pass through - the trials, the tribulations, are known intimately ONLY to Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18
1 edit

[/quote] He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. [/quote]
In this case this is the blood of His enemies whom He is crushing in defeat. This hails back to Isaiah 63:1-3.

The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

I love this verse. It shows that what qualifies them to be His bride is also what qualifies them to be His army.

They too then have gone through a process of overcoming qualifying them to match Christ and be His counterpart and His victorious army.

Compare:
Revelation 19:7b,8
" ... for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses [sic] of the saints."

Revelation 19:14
"And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean."

The overcomers wedding garment is also their battle armor.
Praise the Lord.

My honest opinion is that everyone reading this post here still has an opportunity to brought into this honor by Jesus Christ. Why, even me.

Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.

The power of His word is awesome. And it will be totally awesome and mighty in His second coming.

“He will rule them with an iron scepter.”

That is right. For the millennial kingdom, as the need arises He will shepherd the nations with strong kingly power, exercising His reign over the whole globe of this planet.

His overcomers who accompany Him as a reward with co-reign over the nations with Him.
And he who overcomes and he who keeps My works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;

And he will shepherd them with an iron rod, as vessels of pottery are broken in pieces, as I also have received from My Father." (Rec. 2:26,27)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Oct 18
3 edits

He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

That is the fury of His victory at the battle of Armageddon.
The Hebrew word there is meaningful. I believe that it means "Lure into in order to crush".

Check me on that. Christ will sovereignty gather the worst of the offenders against God's coming to reign, into one place to crush them altogether in a awesome defeat.

The blood of His crushed enemies will flow as a river for over a hundred miles.

On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.

King of kings and Lord of lords. The highest authority in all human history is allocated to this God-man, the Lord Jesus Christ.

We should come to Him while He is today "meek and mild".

In that day He will come as a conqueror over the whole earth.
Much of this will not be meek and mild.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

The corpses of God's enemies will be feast to the birds.

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army.

Poor, poor dupes of Satan.
They will be drunk with the false lies of the Antichrist.
They will be intoxicated and befuddled then just as many are today by the new atheists.

But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf.
With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Good rid-dins to him and them.

Notice though that about four times it says others stood a far off from terrible judgement as though they were spared for some reason.

See Revelation 18:2,9-10,15-16, 17.

You all never noticed that? Read it carefully, musing over it, noticing all the things said there.

The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh

Total defeat under the victory of Christ.
Now is the time to repent and seek His grace and mercy.

I’m betting that it is ALL metaphors...EXCEPT the lake of sculpture and the burning ... am I right?

Revelation 19 is the chapter on the overcomers marrying Christ once having been raptured to Heaven and their coming down to the earth with Him to close the age and commence the millennial kingdom.

You see a chapter of death? I see more a chapter on the total vindication of that man - Jesus of Nazareth - the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Maybe you are looking at its major theme from the wrong angle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.