"Is Hell Forever?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Two appointments: must leave now and will be back tonight.
Originally posted by checkbaiter
Yes, do you have a problem with him or what he teaches?

Two appointments: must leave now and will be back tonight.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You're gonna make me do homework?

🙁
Oh, yeah, and some online overtime for me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 15

Yes, do you have a problem with him or what he teaches?
Of course not. If the Holy Spirit has provided him as your own pastor who teaches you frequently each week exegetically from the original languages in which the Word of God was written enabling you to grow in grace to spiritual maturity, please stay with it and give thanks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 15

Originally posted by CalJust
Now you are just repeating yourself.

I agree with you whole-heartedly that many pastor-teachers are NOT fulfilling their true God-ordained function.

However, my point was that each and every group (you, for example) will claim that YOUR PARTICULAR pastor-teacher is 100% sound and kosher, and that the OTHERS, such as RC, dive, etc, are wrong.

Not much ojectivity there, I'm afraid.
"Not much ojectivity there, I'm afraid." Sorry to disappoint you, CalJust. You're free to quit this thread whenever you choose.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 15

Of course not. If the Holy Spirit has provided him as your own pastor who teaches you frequently each week exegetically from the original languages in which the Word of God was written enabling you to grow in grace to spiritual maturity, please stay with it and give thanks.
What do you think about his hell belief? Or probably you never listened?

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Aug 15
1 edit

The Word of God does not contradict itself. Any and all perceived "contradictions" occur due to faulty translation and/or misapplication of the original languages in which it was written. This is why God the Holy Spirit provided the gift of pastor/teacher during the Church Age.
Do you see yourself as being provided by God as a pastor/teacher in this forum?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
For the wicked unbelieving, Hell is forever. Deal with it says...

The Near Genius 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester Thread 164852 (Page 5)
"You are not a pastor Grampy Bobby and I do not consider you an authoritative voice on scripture as your interpretations are, in my opinion, full of errors. I've pointed one of these out for the purpose of debate and you simply refuse to discuss. This is a habit many Christians use in here to avoid discussing topics they are either uncomfortable with, unable to defend or because they simply don't like the individual poster. It's quite a hollow way to behave."

"Yes, precisely why I've encouraged you to seek answers to your several doctrinal questions from your own pastor/teacher rather than persist in engaging others here with an exercise in futility. Once you've received clarifications from your pastor/teacher please post them in this public spirituality forum. Until then I'll respond to your cue by delaying my replies to your posts which are not in alignment with absolute truths revealed in the Word of God. Objective discussion is one thing; endless emotionally driven harangues quite another."

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester Thread 164852 (Page 5)
"You are not a pastor Grampy Bobby and I do not consider you an authoritative voice on scripture as your interpretations are, in my opinion, full of errors. I've pointed one of these out for the purpose of debate and you simply refuse to discuss. This is a habit many ...[text shortened]... of God. Objective discussion is one thing; endless emotionally driven harangues quite another."
I'm not asking for a regurgitation of what I think you are or aren't, I'm asking you if you consider yourself to be a teacher/pastor he for this forum?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Aug 15

What do you think about his hell belief? Or probably you never listened?
If he is the pastor/teacher the Holy Spirit has provided for you and you're growing in grace under his ministry, you certainly don't need an evaluation of him or his teachings from any other believer in Christ. If he has made a statement of belief pertaining to his ministry, please post it for the benefit of us all. If the statement includes the Great White Throne and the Lake of Fire, I'll be glad to read it and reply.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Aug 15

The teacher/mentor relationship with student/acolyte provides many benefits to those seeking further knowledge. The pivotal moment though, is in choosing your mentor. One hopes one chooses wisely and not poorly. The choice is so critical that I believe that most people never do complete the choice.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
01 Aug 15

Sorry to disappoint you, CalJust. You're free to quit this thread whenever you choose.
I do so choose...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Aug 15

I'm not asking for a regurgitation of what I think you are or aren't, I'm asking you if you consider yourself to be a teacher/pastor he for this forum?
If the Holy Spirit had given this gift to me, the Red Hot Pawn nickname "Grampy Bobby" wouldn't even be in your vocabulary because my days and nights would have been invested in studying and teaching the Word of God to serious students in an independent local church. May I remind you again that the topic of this thread focuses on the question: "Is Hell Forever?" not subjective fixations on other people.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
The teacher/mentor relationship with student/acolyte provides many benefits to those seeking further knowledge. The pivotal moment though, is in choosing your mentor. One hopes one chooses wisely and not poorly. The choice is so critical that I believe that most people never do complete the choice.
Fully agree. One additional comment: the Holy Spirit will provide the appropriate pastor/teacher for all believers in Christ who are serious about learning the absolute truths revealed in the Word of God; He also guides our searches to that ministry provided for each of us.

F

Moves
01 Aug 15

May I remind you again that the topic of this thread focuses on the question: "Is Hell Forever?" not subjective fixations on other people.
Why do have such a subjective fixation on this pastor you happened to have met, and why do you then mention him all the time, over and over again, as if mentioning him somehow absolves you of ever having to discuss anything or engage anyone properly?