"Is Hell Forever?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
I do so choose...
Near term, I'll hopefully still be here should you change your mind. All best wishes to you and yours...

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Aug 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
If the Holy Spirit had given this gift to me, the Red Hot Pawn nickname "Grampy Bobby" wouldn't even be in your vocabulary because my days and nights would have been invested in studying and teaching the Word of God to serious students in an independent local church. May I remind you again that the topic of this thread focuses on the question: "Is Hell Forever?" not subjective fixations on other people.
So you are accepting that you could be wrong about this matter of "is hell forever"? Or is your OP's "?" not really an honest question?

Read a book!

Moves
01 Aug 15

Is Hell Forever?
No

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Aug 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
No
I suggest you take this emotional negative fixation to your pastor and focus more on what is true correctness.

Read a book!

Moves
01 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I suggest you take this emotional negative fixation to your pastor and focus more on what is true correctness.
I'll try.

Read a book!

Moves
01 Aug 15

I'll try.
And the answer is still no.

Read a book!

Moves
01 Aug 15

And the answer is still no.
That's όχι in Koine Greek.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Aug 15

If the Holy Spirit had given this gift to me, the Red Hot Pawn nickname "Grampy Bobby" wouldn't even be in your vocabulary because my days and nights would have been invested in studying and teaching the Word of God to serious students in an independent local church. May I remind you again that the topic of this thread focuses on the question: "Is Hell Forever?" not subjective fixations on other people.
Don't expect anything different from divegeester because he is an unbeliever. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Aug 15
1 edit

If he is the pastor/teacher the Holy Spirit has provided for you and you're growing in grace under his ministry, you certainly don't need an evaluation of him or his teachings from any other believer in Christ. If he has made a statement of belief pertaining to his ministry, please post it for the benefit of us all. If the statement includes the Great White Throne and the Lake of Fire, I'll be glad to read it and reply.
No, he is not my Pastor/Teacher, but I have a high respect for the man...here is one review...
A Book Review by Pastor Warren Prestidge

{From Life to Death Issue 4 , 1996}
The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment By Edward W. Fudge

It is encouraging to read a very positive review of Fudge’s book, The Fire That Consumes, in the latest issue of Reality Magazine (unfortunately the review is not available online). Reality is published by the Bible College of NZ, our top interdenominational, evangelical college. The Fire that Consumes is a top class full-length study of what the Bible teaches regarding the final fate of the lost, completely supporting our conditionalist view. Simon Humphrey, who writes a witty and intelligent review, is clearly very impressed by Fudge’s book.

The book, writes Humphrey,”vigorously challenges” the traditional view of unending conscious torment. It offers, he says, “many highlights”, “a fair assessment of traditionalist writings” and “a compelling presentation of relevant biblical and intertestamental data”. His conclusion is that “this book is essential reading for anyone thinking about this subject”. I wholeheartedly agree. I am also well aware that several articles and books have been written since Fudge’s book first appeared, attempting to criticise its arguments. None of those which I have read impressed me. In the Second Edition of The Fire that Consumes, Fudge has included answers to the most important of these criticisms, often in footnotes. I once had the privilege of giving a lecture at BCNZ on the conditionalist view of hell. I was grateful of the opportunity, and found many students very receptive, or at least glad for the chance to hear a fair and (I hope!) clear, though brief, presentation of the conditionalist understanding.

The matter is not one of which Christians ought to wage war! And yet it is of real importance, bearing directly upon the credibility of Christian faith and witness. Often the conditionalist view is attacked on the grounds that it is “soft” on judgment and reduces the incentive to evangelism. On the contrary, it restores credibility, and therefore full seriousness, to the Christian doctrine of judgment. Let the matter, rather, be debated on the grounds of an informed view of what the Bible actually teaches. This is an area in which we rightly look to our Bible colleges to take a lead.This is why it is heartening to see such a fair and positive assessment of Fudge’s splendid book in the pages of Reality.

Pastor W.L Prestidge

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
No, he is not my Pastor/Teacher, but I have a high respect for the man...here is one review...
A Book Review by Pastor Warren Prestidge

{From Life to Death Issue 4 , 1996}
The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment By Edward W. Fudge

It is encouraging to read a very positive review of Fudge ...[text shortened]... ive assessment of Fudge’s splendid book in the pages of Reality.

Pastor W.L Prestidge
I am for presenting the second death of being thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone to be tormented day an night forever and ever as the most horrible place ever, so that no one will want to go there.

I have heard some people actually claim they want to go to Hell because they see it as a fun place to continue all their lustful sins. They seem to have gotten the impression that going to Heaven will be a boring place in which they will be playing harps and singing hymns and bowing down in worship to God and that is about it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So you are accepting that you could be wrong about this matter of "is hell forever"? Or is your OP's "?" not really an honest question?
No.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't expect anything different from divegeester because he is an [b]unbeliever. 😏[/b]
Not for us to judge.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am for presenting the second death of being thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone to be tormented day an night forever and ever as the most horrible place ever, so that no one will want to go there.

I have heard some people actually claim they want to go to Hell because they see it as a fun place to continue all their lustful sins. They seem to ha ...[text shortened]... will be playing harps and singing hymns and bowing down in worship to God and that is about it.
Do your own pastor/teacher's beliefs agree with those of Pastor Warren Prestidge? If so, please provide them verbatim.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
Why do have such a subjective fixation on this pastor you happened to have met, and why do you then mention him all the time, over and over again, as if mentioning him somehow absolves you of ever having to discuss anything or engage anyone properly?
Welcome home.

F

Moves
02 Aug 15

Welcome home.
You are dodging the point blank question, true to form, I note.