"Is Hell Forever?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
You are dodging the point blank question, true to form, I note.
Though many things have changed, it's nice to see that some are still the same. Glad you've decided "to keep my day job thus far".

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't expect anything different from divegeester because he is an [b]unbeliever. 😏[/b]
I am a Chrisitan, a believer in Jesus Christ and his atoning work for mankind at Calvary. You are confusing me with someone you disagree with and wish they were an unbeliever so you can abdicate Chrisitan freedom and consign them to hell.

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Aug 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
No.
If you are not accepting that you could be wrong in this question of "is hell forever?", then is follows that you are not open to the opinions of others and your OP is really just an opportunity for you to preach.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I am a Chrisitan, a believer in Jesus Christ and his atoning work for mankind at Calvary. You are confusing me with someone you disagree with and wish they were an unbeliever so you can abdicate Chrisitan freedom and consign them to hell.
You said earlier that you did not believe what Christ said about eternal punishment in hell. So which is it? Do you believe or not?

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Aug 15

You said earlier that you did not believe what Christ said about eternal punishment in hell. So which is it? Do you believe or not?
I don not believe that Christ meant what you thought he meant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Aug 15

Are you saying if a person does not believe in eternal torture, he is going to hell?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Aug 15

If you are not accepting that you could be wrong in this question of "is hell forever?", then is follows that you are not open to the opinions of others and your OP is really just an opportunity for you to preach.
"Note: This exhaustive study by Dr. James R. Mook will be presented in the same nine sections in which it was written. I'm well aware of the fact that the doctrine of Lake Of Fire as revealed in the New Testament Book of Revelation has been a highly contested biblical truth within this online spirituality forum for many years. In the interest of objective discussion with substantiated personal opinion, let's harness our emotions in order to promote civility with tolerance of opposing points of view. Please feel free to comment and ask relevant questions at will. My own comments and questions will be reserved until the presentation of this scholarly study is completed. Thank you."

I accept the accuracy of "This exhaustive study by Dr. James R. Mook" and seize opportunities to witness for Christ as one of His ambassadors.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Note: This exhaustive study by Dr. James R. Mook will be presented in the same nine sections in which it was written. I'm well aware of the fact that the doctrine of Lake Of Fire as revealed in the New Testament Book of Revelation has been a highly contested biblical truth within this online spirituality forum for many years. In the interest of ...[text shortened]... y by Dr. James R. Mook" and seize opportunities to witness for Christ as one of His ambassadors.[/b]
Copy pasting the words of other people who happen to agree with you is neither "objective discussion" nor evidence that you or they are correct.

It is my opinion that many of the eternal hell believers in this forum agree with my assertions about its scriptural veracity but are too fearful to say so. JS has called you on this in the other thread, challenging you to stop wrapping the propagation of this fear under the guise of other thread titles.

Once God has freed a person's mind of this fear it is their responsibility to contend for this truth and help other Christians to dump this burden where it belongs - at Calvary. Loading people up with more fear once Christ has liberated them is not the best idea.

c

Moves
04 Aug 15

Copy pasting the words of other people who happen to agree with you is neither "objective discussion" nor evidence that your or they are correct.

It is my opinion that many of the eternal hell believers in this forum agree with my assertions about its scriptural veracity but are too fearful to say so. JS has called you on this in the other thread, ch ...[text shortened]... t Calvary. Loading people up with more fear once Christ has liberated them is not the best idea.
It seems to me dive, that once Jesus gave His life at the cross, that ALL humans are saved, regardless of their beliefs. That there is no hell, for anybody.

Scripture may dispute this, but......it is the exact scripture that you disagree with.

So....I believe, we agree on something?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
It seems to me dive, that once Jesus gave His life at the cross, that ALL humans are saved, regardless of their beliefs. That there is no hell, for anybody.

Scripture may dispute this, but......it is the exact scripture that you disagree with.

So....I believe, we agree on something?
No we don't agree.

To him who is given much, much will be expected.
Luke 12:48

Read the passage which speaks about the differing consequences and expectations.

c

Moves
04 Aug 15

No we don't agree.

To him who is given much, much will be expected.
Luke 12:48

Read the passage which speaks about the differing consequences and expectations.
I don't care what Bible scripture you quote. It is in Revelation that says that there is a hell and a Lake of Fire.

You have maintained that you DISAGREE with this. How can you now quote scripture?

You either believe in hell dive......or you don't. Which is it?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

I don't care what Bible scripture you quote. It is in Revelation that says that there is a hell and a Lake of Fire.

You have maintained that you DISAGREE with this. How can you now quote scripture?

You either believe in hell dive......or you don't. Which is it?
It also says in the book called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" (not the revelation of the end times, the apocalypse or anything else), that there are beasts with seven heads and whores drinking cups full of blood.

c

Moves
04 Aug 15

It also says in the book called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" (not the revelation of the end times, the apocalypse or anything else), that there are beasts with seven heads and whores drinking cups full of blood.
I don't know what your point is dive.

My point is this: That there are many parts of the Bible that do NOT make sense, and you have agreed with that. You have also said that you would be willing to throw out the entirety of the New Testament.

Why won't you just admit that you personally don't agree with some parts of the Bible?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 15

I don't know what your point is dive.

My point is this: That there are many parts of the Bible that do NOT make sense, and you have agreed with that. You have also said that you would be willing to throw out the entirety of the New Testament.

Why won't you just admit that you personally don't agree with some parts of the Bible?
No, your point was that there is text in the book called The Revelation of Jesus Christ which mentions a lake of fire, and you were questioning whether I accept that there is a hell or not. My point in reply to you is blatantly obvious and highlights that the same book talks about all manner of fantastical imagery, non of which is literal.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Are you saying if a person does not believe in eternal torture, he is going to hell?
The unbeliever must repent and overcome, because Christ says,
"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:7-8 NASB)