messianic prophecies

messianic prophecies

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have FAILED to answer the question. How many did he create, you have asserted
that he created literature, how many of these did he create?
He created the 'fulfillments' of "messianic prophecies" by working them into his writing decades after the death of the man he was promoting as the "Messiah" in the breakaway religion he was helping to set up.

Moves
17 Oct 12

coming into Jerusalem in Jehovahs name and being extolled as King doesn't happen
every day, another stupendous FAIL! and as was pointed out to you before, the
messiah would need to fulfil all of the prophecies therefore your vain and ludicrous
attempts to take them in isolation is what, you guessed it, another EPIC FAIL!
a 'young woman' doesnt give birth to the son of god every day but apparently this doesnt qualify as a special event to you. however the son of god riding a donkey does.

hehe, you do make me chuckle.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
They were written by people who lived and wrote decades after Jesus' death.
FAIL, if i write an account decades after a person has died that invalidates my text, that
is what you are saying, another UTTERLY LUDICROUS ASSERTION, if that was the case
everything we know about Alexander the great is also moot, in fact, his account was
written not decades but some 300 years after his death! that is how stupid your
argument really is, that the proportions of its failure!

F

Moves
17 Oct 12

FAIL, if i write an account decades after a person has died that invalidates my text, that
is what you are saying, another UTTERLY LUDICROUS ASSERTION!
What I have been saying is that the gospels were written by people who lived and wrote decades after Jesus' death and therefore they are not people who met Jesus in person.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
a 'young woman' doesnt give birth to the son of god every day but apparently this doesnt qualify as a special event to you. however the son of god riding a donkey does.

hehe, you do make me chuckle.
sorry you haven't explained anything, why you fail to understand that the messiah
must fulfil all of these and yet you insist in taking them in isolation is a testimony to
your inability to put the constituent parts together so as to form a whole.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
What I have been saying is that the gospels were written by people who lived and wrote decades after Jesus' death and therefore they are not people who met Jesus in person.
you have provided not a shred of evidence, your opinions are therefore meaningless!
and as has been pointed out to you, decades after the event in terms of ancient history
is about as close as anyone is likely to get!

F

Moves
17 Oct 12

you have provided not a shred of evidence, your opinions are therefore meaningless!
and as has been pointed out to you, decades after the event in terms of ancient history
is about as close as anyone is likely to get!
These authors did not meet Jesus. They believed Jesus was the Messiah. They created literature that made the case for the new religion they were setting up.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The history of Alexander is drawn from five ancient sources written 300 or more years
after he died. Not one eyewitness account of Alexander exists. Do you also assert that
these historical accounts were created, have no validity, are moot as you have stated
about the gospels, no why not?

Moves
17 Oct 12

sorry you haven't explained anything, why you fail to understand that the messiah
must fulfil all of these and yet you insist in taking them in isolation is a testimony to
your inability to put the constituent parts together so as to form a whole.
im aware that the messiah is supposed to complete them all. if you cast your mind back to the start of my thread i was asking if christians thought jesus would complete the prophecies on his return. its perfectly sensible to look at each individual prophecy and ask if its been complete.

now its your turn to explain why the birth needed to be magical but riding a donkey doesnt?

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
These authors did not meet Jesus. They believed Jesus was the Messiah. They created literature that made the case for the new religion they were setting up.
more drivel and unsubstantiated opinion, how many of the messianic prophecy's did
Matthew create, you have not said.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12
1 edit

im aware that the messiah is supposed to complete them all. if you cast your mind back to the start of my thread i was asking if christians thought jesus would complete the prophecies on his return. its perfectly sensible to look at each individual prophecy and ask if its been complete.

now its your turn to explain why the birth needed to be magical but riding a donkey doesnt?
the birth was a sign, clearly it must be something extraordinary for it to be considered
a sign, yah think, a normal birth is not that extraordinary, is it, it happens everyday,
therefore it must have been some kind of special birth, mustn't it Sherlock?

Moves
17 Oct 12

the birth was a sign, clearly it must be something extraordinary for it to be considered
a sign, yah think, a normal birth is not that extraordinary, is it, it happens everyday,
therefore it must have been some kind of special birth, mustn't it Sherlock?
and what was special about the donkey ride?

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

and what was special about the donkey ride?
what donkey ride are you havering about?

F

Moves
17 Oct 12

more drivel and unsubstantiated opinion, how many of the messianic prophecy's did
Matthew create, you have not said.
The author referred to as Matthew, when he wrote his gospel, claimed however many "messianic prophecies" were fulfilled - 37 you say? - what does it matter? He could have claimed that there had been 400 references directly back to 400 "messianic prophecies" in the OT, or he could have claimed that there were 137 or 7 or 3. It doesn't really matter. He was creating literature needed to establish a religion centred on the notion that Jesus was the "Messiah".

Moves
17 Oct 12

what donkey ride are you havering about?
blimey, how many special donkey rides did jesus have?