messianic prophecies

messianic prophecies

Spirituality

F

Moves
17 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no i simply will not accept your opinion as validation in itself, you have made the most
ludicrous assertions and provided not a single shred of evidence, i dont need to accept
anything without evidence simply because you say it and let it be noted, you have
failed to provide any.
Well at least you understand that I am not claiming that Matthew "created" the "messianic prophecies". All I am saying is that he simply claimed that they had been fulfilled. In his position, what else would he do?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 12

no i simply will not accept your opinion as validation in itself, you have made the most
ludicrous assertions and provided not a single shred of evidence, i dont need to accept
anything without evidence simply because you say it and let it be noted, you have
failed to provide any.
LOL, the man who believes in a virgin birth is accusing other people of 'ludicrous assertions'.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
are you getting grumpy robbie? do you need a nap?
no, my drivel-o-bull-o-meter just hit a high, my tolerance for unsubstantiated opinions
masquerading as truth is at an all time low, your questions are ludicrous, FMF simply
thinks he can make things up and we should believe him, why would i feel good, i have
a Stirling engine to build and here i am wasting time with you reprobates, let me know
when you can substantiate any of your claims.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
LOL, the man who believes in a virgin birth is accusing other people of 'ludicrous assertions'.
At least my assertions are backed up by the Holy and sacred word of Jehovah, peace
be upon it for ever and ever! Im off to build my Stirling engine, ill show it you when its
complete, if it works.

F

Moves
17 Oct 12

FMF simply thinks he can make things up and we should believe him
Do you think that the authors of the gospels were contemporaries of Jesus and that they met him in person?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 12

At least my assertions are backed up by the Holy and sacred word of Jehovah, peace
be upon it for ever and ever! Im off to build my Stirling engine, ill show it you when its
complete, if it works.
Your Biblical arguments are backed up by the Bible. Round and round and round you go on your roundabout of logical fallacies, this one built on circular reasoning.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think that the authors of the gospels were contemporaries of Jesus and that they met him in person?
Robert most definitely believes that, i've had this conversation with him before.

F

Moves
17 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Robert most definitely believes that, i've had this conversation with him before.
Why did robbie keep asking me 'how many of the messianic prophecy's did Matthew create?', 'how many prophecies did Matthew create?', 'how many messianic prophecies did he create?' when I wasn't claiming that Matthew "created" any of them? Could you catch what robbie was on about with all that?

Moves
17 Oct 12

no, my drivel-o-bull-o-meter just hit a high, my tolerance for unsubstantiated opinions
masquerading as truth is at an all time low, your questions are ludicrous, FMF simply
thinks he can make things up and we should believe him, why would i feel good, i have
a Stirling engine to build and here i am wasting time with you reprobates, let me know
when you can substantiate any of your claims.
you said earlier that the donkey ride into jerusalem was special because people were there welcoming the son of god. i would say the birth of jesus also had people there welcoming the son of god, therefore making it equally as special without needing the extra razzle dazzle of a virgin birth.

as an aside to that how do the writers of the bible know she was a virgin. did they base it on the prophecy or did they know something else and then add the meaning to the prophecy retrospectively?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why did robbie keep asking me 'how many of the messianic prophecy's did Matthew create?', 'how many prophecies did Matthew create?', 'how many messianic prophecies did he create?' when I wasn't claiming that Matthew "created" [b]any of them? Could you catch what robbie was on about with all that?[/b]
I wasn't sure what that was about either.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Oct 12

no its doesn't do anything of the sort, you will now explain why a normal birth is a sign,
for that is what you are saying.
a normal birth for what? there is no prophecy for the birth of the messiah in the old testament. the only thing it says is the it will be a branch of the house of david.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Oct 12

... and as was pointed out to you before, the
messiah would need to fulfil all of the prophecies therefore your vain and ludicrous
attempts to take them in isolation is what, you guessed it, another EPIC FAIL!
come on. we both know you don't believe that. the messiah you believe in hasn't fulfilled all the prophecies going on 2000 years now. that's an awful long time for a messiah to do what the messiah is supposed to do.

you have such low standards for a messiah. you'll even accept a failed one.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Oct 12

some outstanding messianic prophecy's,

1. Born of the tribe of Judah, Ge 49:10, fulfilment Mt 1:2-16; Lu 3:23-33; Heb 7:14
2. From the family of David, son of Jesse, Ps 132:11; fulfilment, Mt 1:1, 6-16;
3. Born in Bethlehem, Mic 5:2, fulfilment, Lu 2:4-11; Joh 7:42
4. Born of a virgin, Isa 7:14, fulfilment, Mt 1:18-23; Lu 1:30-35
5. Babies ki ...[text shortened]... 2:7, fulfilment , Mt 3:16, 17

all prophecies fulfilled in Jesus Christ, the Messiah.
we'll go with the first few for starters.

1. show the lineage papers.
2. show the lineage papers.
3. a lot of people are born in bethlem. where's your proof that jesus was royal blood of the line of david?
4. there is no such messianic prophecy in isa 7;14
5. that's not what jer 31;15 is saying. rachel is weeping for her lost children, dying in foreign lands. but don't worry says biblegod. stop weeping because will return from the foreign lands (failed prophecy, jesue never managed to bring anybody back).

jer 31;17 So there is hope for your future," declares the LORD. "Your children will return to their own land.

even so, it's strange that you accept that misapplied verse as a fulfilled prophecy while ignoring all of jer 31 leading up to 15 and proceeding after it. all of which are unfulfilled. you just pick 15, say it sounds like it might be talking about children being killed (it's not, nor did such an event occur), and let's call it fulfilled.

your lack of comprehending what jer 31 is talking about is phenomenal. have you even read it or are you just copying stuff from one of the BS christian long list of [non]prophecies fulfilled pages?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 12
2 edits

in christianity is this passage not a prophecy regarding the end days and jesus's rule on earth?
Yes, you are right, that is the belief of Christians.

Messianic Prophecy - He would send forth from Jerusalem the Law of Repentance and Remission of Sins for the nations and He will execute judgment among the nations.

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people
: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
(Isaiah 2:3-4 KJV)

YAHshua the Messiah began fulfilling this prophecy as shown below:

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
And ye are witnesses of these things.
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Luke 24:46-49 KJV)

James calls it the law of liberty.

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

(James 2:12 KJV)

YAHshua the Messiah will complete the fulfillment of the prophecy after the law of liberty has been preached to all nations and He will judge them at His second coming.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

(John 24:22,26-27 KJV)

YAHshua the Messiah is God manifest in the flesh and is well suited to judge mankind.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Oct 12
3 edits

as an aside to that how do the writers of the bible know she was a virgin. did they base it on the prophecy or did they know something else and then add the meaning to the prophecy retrospectively?
Is this a serious question?

Simply bothering to take the 5 seconds to read a couple of words from the bible answers the question.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, attested to being a virgin, and if anyone would have known it for a fact... she would have.

Okay, so here comes the inevitable.. "How do we know Mary said it, and even if she did, how do we know she wasn't faking it?" As a preempt to those questions, might I refer you to the "What would it take to convince you God is real?" thread, where basically everyone agreed that nothing would convince them because they are bound and determined not to believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.