28 Sep 05

" Ouch.... that's hot "

Bruno

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
29 Sep 05
1 edit

"Eighty-one percent of sex crimes committed against children by Roman Catholic priests during the past 52 years were homosexual men preying on boys, according to a comprehensive study released yesterday on the church's sex abuse crisis."

- The Washington Times

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040227-111236-5901r.htm

L

Moves
05 Oct 05

"To sum up: it is wrong always, everywhere, and for any one, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence."

W.K. Clifford

L

Moves
05 Oct 05
1 edit

"Inquiry into the evidence of a doctrine is not to be made once for all, and then taken as finally settled. It is never lawful to stifle a doubt; for either it can be honestly answered by means of the inquiry already made, or else it proves that the inquiry was not complete. 'But,' says one, 'I am a busy man; I have not time for the long course of study which would be necessary to make me in any degree a competent judge of certain questions, or even able to understand the nature of the arguments.' Then he should have no time to believe."

W.K. Clifford

L

Moves
05 Oct 05

"He who begins by loving Christianity better than Truth, will proceed by loving his own sect or Church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all."

Coleridge

L

Moves
05 Oct 05

"Give to any hypothesis which is worth your while to consider, just that degree of credence which the evidence warrants."

Bertrand Russell

L

Moves
18 Oct 05

"I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia....I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

Bobby Henderson, in his Open Letter to the Kansas School Board

Hmmm . . .

Moves
22 Oct 05

The wilderness is not just a desert through which we wandered for forty years. It is a way of being. A place that demands being open to the flow of life around you. A place that demands being honest with yourself without regard to the cost in personal anxiety. A place that demands being present with all of yourself.

In the wilderness your possessions cannot surround you. Your preconceptions cannot protect you. Your logic cannot promise you the future. Your guilt can no longer place you safely in the past. You are left alone each day with an immediacy that astonishes, chastens, and exults. You see the world as if for the first time.

Now you might say that the promise of such spiritual awareness could only keep one with the greatest determination in the wilderness but for a moment or so. That such a way of being would be like breathing pure oxygen. We would live our lives in but a few hours and die of old age. It is better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness.* And indeed, that is your choice.

Rabbi Lawrence Kushner, Honey from the Rock, 1994, Jewish Lights Publishing, p. 22.

* Exodus 14:12—The Hebrew words avod et-mitzraim, generally rendered as “serve the Egyptians,” can also be rendered, quite literally, as “worship the narrow places.”

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
22 Oct 05
1 edit

"24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

I had a Christain friend who had to do a talk on homosexual priests in the Spanish clergy for his Spanish class. he used this verse, and by the end of the talk people were wondering if, indeed, he had actually just informed them that Homosexuality was not right in the eye's of the Lord...

EDIT: when i say "had", yes he is still alive and well. i was meerly using the past tense, and my grasp of grammer isn't the greatest in the world. hey-i study maths. what do you expect?

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
22 Oct 05

"God invented safe sex - he called it marriage..." - anon

a

Forgotten

Moves
25 Oct 05

"It's crackers to slip a rozer ,the dropsey in snide."
Alfred E. Newman

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 05

John 19:30
30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

(NKJ)

And thus....the redemption of mankind as they receive Him.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
27 Oct 05
1 edit

Clear all obstacles from your path… If you meet the Buddha, then kill the Buddha! Only thus will you attain release, only thus escape the nets and become free.

—Zen Master Lin-chi (Rinzai)

TCE

Colorado

Moves
27 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
Clear all obstacles from your path… If you meet the Buddha, then kill the Buddha! Only thus will you attain release, only thus escape the nets and become free.

—Zen Master Lin-chi (Rinzai)
Sometimes I think buddhism is the most difficult of all religions to understand.

You didn't just make that up did you?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
27 Oct 05

I understand then why the doctrines that explain everything to me also debilitate me at the same time. They relieve me of the weight of my own life, and yet I must carry it alone.

—Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.