"God is dead."

Nietzsche
"Nietzche is dead"

- God

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Sep 05

All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Sep 05
1 edit

Christianity gave Eros poison to drink; he did not die of it but degenerated into vice.

¬¬¬

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche

¬¬¬
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.

Friedrich Nietzsche

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Sep 05

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
26 Sep 05

" Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there and shouting “I found it!”"

R

Hamelin: RAT-free

Moves
26 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
" Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there and shouting “I found it!”"
Aw! Your mommy must be so proud.

g

Moves
26 Sep 05

"None so empty of grace as he that thinks he is full."

-Thomas Watson

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Sep 05

Let grace and goodness be the principal loadstone of thy affections. For love which hath ends, will have an end; whereas that which is founded on true virtue, will always continue.
John Dryden (1631 - 1700)

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Sep 05

So it is that the gods do not give all men gifts of grace - neither good looks nor intelligence nor eloquence.
Homer (800 BC - 700 BC), The Odyssey

L

Moves
27 Sep 05

"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be buddhism."

Albert Einstein

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by RatX
Aw! Your mommy must be so proud.
Me: "huh? What the hell are you talking about?"

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Sep 05

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world."

Matt.13:35

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Sep 05
1 edit

"In the imagery of the gospels, the Satan that Jesus resisted and finally conquered is a personification of the victimizing mechanism and the symbol of the insidious force with which it sneaks up on us from behind and takes possession of us in all our endeavors. The principal act of Jesus and of the gospel writers was their exposing of this hidden force. This, for René Girard, is the truth that makes us free--or can do so, if we relive in the conversion of our own hearts, the realization the gospels try to share with us."

Eugene Webb.

l

London

Moves
28 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Christianity gave Eros poison to drink; he did not die of it but degenerated into vice.

¬¬¬

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche

¬¬¬
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Friedrich Nietzsche

In other words, everything goes.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Sep 05

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

--Hassan i-Sabbah

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.