The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit

Spirituality

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by David C
That would be difficult to ascertain, but given the anthropological evidence...they may have been unaware of mental concepts we take for granted. The cave drawings they left point to an existence for the sake of itself...to find food and shelter, procreate and care for their offspring. They had no compelling reason to reflect on their inner selves, their his ...[text shortened]... acked the capacity for doing so.

Have you ever experienced altered perception via entheogens?
Humans were burying their dead 100,000 years ago and by 35,000 years ago, Cro-Magnon burial sites show signs of ritual with certain items being buried with the dead. Hand flutes have been discovered dating to the same era. Therefore, I think it is highly dubious to claim that prehistoric Man didn't reflect on their future and history. I suspect they handed down their history as many primitive tribes did up until the early 1900's and beyond: orally. Homer's works were passed down for hundreds of years before they were put into writing, so certainly complex stories and ideas can be transmitted by oral tradition.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Have you experienced the coming of the Holy Spirit? What's it like?
Can I give you the experience of 'red' if you were born blind?
How can I describe someone to you like that if you have nothing
to compare Him too?
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Can I give you the experience of 'red' if you were born blind?
How can I describe someone to you like that if you have nothing
to compare it too?
Kelly
Dodge, dodge, dodge.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Dodge, dodge, dodge.
Dodge, please descibe for us the color 'red' so a blind person can
know what it is you see when you look at 'red.'
Kelly

k
Chess Student

Richmond, VA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Dodge (No1Marauder), please descibe for us the color 'red' so a blind person can know what it is you see when you look at 'red.' Kelly
Why stop at 'red'? Why not describe a rainbow to a blind person? I have a cousin born blind. She could not grasp the concept when I tried to tell her about a rainbow.
Here's a question: What part of man feels 'fear' or 'hate' or 'greed' or 'shame' (or 'exhiliration' after beating Ironman)?
Here's another question: What part of man 'decides' to continue feeling the way they do?
Here's another question: What part of man 'laughs' or 'sheds a tear' or 'swings out with a fist' or 'flee by foot'?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 05

Dodge, please descibe for us the color 'red' so a blind person can
know what it is you see when you look at 'red.'
Kelly
No, but you could describe a pogo stick to someone who's never used one.... are you trying to say that most people lack the ability to know your Holey Spirit? Aren't you so special!!!

P-

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by krisvictor
Why stop at 'red'? Why not describe a rainbow to a blind person? I have a cousin born blind. She could not grasp the concept when I tried to tell her about a rainbow.
Here's a question: What part of man feels 'fear' or 'hate' or 'greed' or 'shame' (or 'exhiliration' after beating Ironman)?
Here's another question: What part of man 'decid ...[text shortened]... part of man 'laughs' or 'sheds a tear' or 'swings out with a fist' or 'flee by foot'?
He is blind spiritually, and he wants to talk about the Spirit of God,
I'm simply wanting him to understand that is impossible for him,
I cannot give him eyes to see, but I know who can.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
No, but you could describe a pogo stick to someone who's never used one.... are you trying to say that most people lack the ability to know your Holey Spirit? Aren't you so special!!!

P-
You can understand the things of man, you have the spirit of man,
but to understand the things of God you require the Spirit of God.

You can describe a pogo stick, good for you, how about the color
'red' to one born blind? That was the question! Please desribe that
here and now if you will.
Kelly

k
Chess Student

Richmond, VA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Sometimes, the ppl in these forum just really miss it. KellyJay was talking about the color 'red' and Phlabibit comes back with a 'pogo stick'!
Hey, Phlabibit, a blind person can touch, taste, smell, and hear a pogo stick in action. The blind person can even ride one right into a wall. No problems there. Now, tell the blind person it is a 'red' pogo stick. See how far you get. KellyJay is correct. If you have never acknowledged the Holy Spirit, you are like a blind person who have never seen the colors of the rainbow. However, even a blind person can acknowledge the Holy Spirit. It is called 'faith'.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Aug 05
1 edit

Here's another question: What part of man 'decid
part of man 'laughs' or 'sheds a tear' or 'swings out with a fist' or 'flee by foot'?
The brain.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 05

[b]You can understand the things of man, you have the spirit of man,
but to understand the things of God you require the Spirit of God.
Exellent!

1 Cor 2:14
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(NKJ)

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Humans were burying their dead 100,000 years ago and by 35,000 years ago, Cro-Magnon burial sites show signs of ritual with certain items being buried with the dead. Hand flutes have been discovered dating to the same era. Therefore, I think it is highly dubious to claim that prehistoric Man didn't reflect on their future and history. I suspect ...[text shortened]... e put into writing, so certainly complex stories and ideas can be transmitted by oral tradition.
Ya just had to go p*ssin' in my Corn Flakes, didn'tcha?

'preciate the insights. What do you make of the relatively new-found interest in our collective spiritual being? The one that appeared around....oh, let's pick a random date....4004 B.C.E.? I take it you're not a fan of drug-addled hysterical ravings about Spirits in the Sky.

k
Chess Student

Richmond, VA

Moves
16 Aug 05

Originally posted by Palynka
The brain.
Good answer. However, the brain in and of itself, does not have the capacity to laugh or cry or run or jump. The brain, it and of itself, cannot express joy. The brain, in and of itself, can decide what to do, how to think, where to go, etc. However, the brain, in and of itself, cannot carry out any decision.
The brain is nothing more than a physical construct along with the rest of the body. So, what makes a man?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Aug 05
1 edit

So, what makes a man?
The whole (living) body. 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Aug 05

He is blind spiritually, and he wants to talk about the Spirit of God,
I'm simply wanting him to understand that is impossible for him,
I cannot give him eyes to see, but I know who can.
Kelly
THE SECRET DECODER RING THEORY RIDES AGAIN!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.