What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I’m interested in what you think and believe about God’s wrath as you keep going on about it and telling us it’s coming soon; but if you don’t want to discuss it that’s fine I suppose.
I believe what the Bible says. Do you?

Obviously not since all you keep doing is deflecting.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
06 Mar 19
2 edits

@secondson said
I believe what the Bible says. Do you?

Obviously not since all you keep doing is deflecting.
Yes I believe what the Bible says. What I don’t believe is YOUR interpretation of what the Bible says.

KellyJay, sonship and you all seem to suffer with a mental block on this point because your vanity allows you to assert that what you believe is THE truth.

KellyJay is getting himself into pickles with this on a weekly basis. He is currently claiming that his opinions don’t matter, all that matters his talking to the truth. In others words his posts are truth. It’s amusing to watch.

F

Moves
06 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Truth in a world where it's unknown can be mistaken for lies.
"Truth" = when "reality" + KellyJay's opinion line up, presumably.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
06 Mar 19

@fmf said
BINGO!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Mar 19

@fmf said
Stop being so obtuse! I have said when our opinions match reality that is truth. You want to just twist this discussion into a meaningless opportunity to come up with an insult you can go the way of your friend.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
06 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Stop being so obtuse! I have said when our opinions match reality that is truth. You want to just twist this discussion into a meaningless opportunity to come up with an insult you can go the way of your friend.
You said that your opinions mean nothing. You said this. Are you changing your mind?

F

Moves
06 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Nonsense, KellyJay.

"Reality"? About supernatural things?? "Reality"?

Really, KellyJay?

It is not me who is being obtuse.

Here is how it is is:

"The Truth" = when KellyJay's opinion about "reality" + KellyJay's opinion about ideology line up.

You are firmly in the realm of subjectivity and no amount of sloganeering will render it "objectivity".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Mar 19

@fmf said
Nonsense, KellyJay.

"Reality"? About supernatural things?? "Reality"?

Really, KellyJay?

It is not me who is being obtuse.

Here is how it is is:

"The Truth" = when KellyJay's opinion about "reality" + KellyJay's opinion about ideology line up.

You are firmly in the realm of subjectivity and no amount of sloganeering will render it "objectivity".
You disagree with the point that compasses that do not point to true morals are useless for morals

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Mar 19

@secondson said
What happens to those that don't love Jesus?

Shouldn't you have enough love for them to warn them about the wrath to come?

In the verse I quoted from John 3:36 Jesus gave the warning. Why? Because He loves the sinner is why.

Or are you afraid of a little persecution for telling the truth?
But to those who don't accept the message of love, the message of wrath isn't going to turn them.

F

Moves
07 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You disagree with the point that compasses that do not point to true morals are useless for morals
I have addressed your subjective use of the term "true morals" and therefore your assertion that something is "useless for morals" is just one subjectivity piled upon another subjectivity.

S. Korea

Moves
07 Mar 19

@suzianne said
But to those who don't accept the message of love, the message of wrath isn't going to turn them.
Yes, you should love those with whom you interact, but you should expect and welcome persecution when it comes.

Our religion is not one that practices taqqiya.

It is one of martyrs.

S. Korea

Moves
07 Mar 19

@fmf said
There is no one "truth". Even if everyone were religious, you'd have staunch Catholics, Methodists, conservative Jews, Hari Krishnas, gay Christians, devout Muslims, evangelical Christians, Buddhists, Pentecostals, Sikhs, Mormons, liberal Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, different subgroups of Hindus, liberal Muslims, far right Christians far left Christians and the list goes on.

...[text shortened]... that "fixed direction" you have been touting to your personal code and use it to engage with others.
Aleksandr Dugin thus proposes what amounts to a sort of radical relativism. He is personally an Orthodox Christian, and he believes this describes the ultimate reality, but he does not make any effort to remove the ability of other societies and nations to also operate towards their own end as if there is an ultimate reality separate from his understanding of it.

Basically, he proposes the opposite of some globalized democratic ethic, and insists rather that each region should be fit to operate along its own guidelines and concept of the reality.

It's a better model than yours because a Hindu family in a Christian state can definitely continue being Hindus, and the Christian state can continue propagating a Christian vision for its Christian culture.

In the globalized democratic form, a vacuum is created by hard secularism (to be distinguished from soft secularism).

By the way...

I'd like you to interact with KellyJay's statement that it looks like you missed/dropped:

Yep when the compasses don't show truth, its everyone doing what is right in their own eyes.

F

Moves
07 Mar 19

@philokalia said
I'd like you to interact with KellyJay's statement that it looks like you missed/dropped:

Yep when the compasses don't show truth, its everyone doing what is right in their own eyes.
I have addressed KellyJay's subjective use of the term "truth" - as if he is being objective about it - ad nauseam. You don't appear to be following the conversation. Please read people's posts.

S. Korea

Moves
07 Mar 19

@fmf said
I have addressed KellyJay's subjective use of the term "truth" - as if he is being objective about it - ad nauseam. You don't appear to be following the conversation. Please read people's posts.
Aw, you didn't pick up on the shift in rhetoric that Kelly's statement actually provided.

Even if the Hindu religions are not true, the Hindus within these religions try to follow a truth, which is far different than people following whatever they think is truth.

You are attacking the wrong part of the argument.

F

Moves
07 Mar 19

@philokalia said
It's a better model than yours because a Hindu family in a Christian state can definitely continue being Hindus, and the Christian state can continue propagating a Christian vision for its Christian culture.
In terms of what I have been talking about, yes a Hindu family can definitely continue being Hindus in a Christian state that is propagating a Christian vision/culture. You appear not to be reading the posts on this and other threads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.