the metalheads making a move

the metalheads making a move

Clans

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
05 Sep 22

@mghrn55 said
So you are admitting to alerting the posts ??
Ok, got it.
You got what? tell us? what do you got? Let me help you. You got a lot of posts taken down because you can't stay within the rules.

What you got is bad posts. Do you think Rusty is the only one who alerts? I know of ten people right now who alerts your posts and people like you.

Okay? Got it? Good.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
05 Sep 22

@mghrn55 said
At the end of the day, Vespin is the clan leader of Breaking Bad clan.
He doesn't get to decide what challenges another clan accepts.
Shelrock57 is the clan leader of Nemesis Challenge. Shelrock57 decides who his clan can enter challenges with. Not Vespin.

The question that should be raised here is that what position does site admin take on players belonging to more than one clan.
Maybe that is the issue.
You are correct. He does decide what he does with his clan. And he told me that word for word. He does however only want matches no bigger than four vs four players.

And now he made that change, you won't be getting 20 point matches off of him anymore.

cheers.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
05 Sep 22

meanwhile
the BB clan is cruising
time to lay low

l

Victor, New York

Moves
05 Sep 22

So, now I’ve completed my games for the BB clan. I left with two victories for BB.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
05 Sep 22

@lstcyr said
@VESPIN Actually you just told your clan that you don't want your players who run other clans to play the top 5 clans. When I said that I couldn't accept that, you kicked me out of the clan. (Granted I said that I would leave if you didn't reverse the "rule" but you kicked me out.
Just bringing it back on topic…

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Sep 22

@lstcyr said
So, now I’ve completed my games for the BB clan. I left with two victories for BB.
At least you didn't just resign them or leave them hanging. A sign of respect for the Clan in my opinion.

-VR

m

Moves
05 Sep 22
1 edit

@vespin said
You got what? tell us? what do you got? Let me help you. You got a lot of posts taken down because you can't stay within the rules.

What you got is bad posts. Do you think Rusty is the only one who alerts? I know of ten people right now who alerts your posts and people like you.

Okay? Got it? Good.
VR admitted to alerting some posts...... so I said I got that. Maybe that went over your head.
As to my posts being taken down, I had said that none of my posts have violated site terms.
In my 12 years on this site, I have never had a post taken down till these alert flags were added as a feature.
Perhaps site isn't actually reviewing the posts and just sticking a delete flag to them.
You putting out your nonsense about my posts not staying within the rules is just that, nonsense.
Unless hurting Vespins feelings is a violation.
Unless bringing up facts that are uncomfortable to Vespin is a violation, you know stuff like you telling leaders of other clans to not accept challenges from certain clans.

News for you.......
Any post that holds your feet to the fire in terms of your behavior is NOT a violation !!
Bringing up your past with Carrobie and McTayto is NOT a violation !!
Telling you that your posts are basically unintelligent nonsense is NOT a violation !!

Calling you an idiot is probably a violation, but sometimes the point has to be made.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
05 Sep 22

@Very-Rusty
I always respected the clan. I only commented about his demand not to play other clans because he did not tell the truth in his comment here. He flat out denied that he had ever told anyone who to play. Untruths should be addressed.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
05 Sep 22

@mghrn55 said
VR admitted to alerting some posts...... so I said I got that. Maybe that went over your head.
As to my posts being taken down, I had said that none of my posts have violated site terms.
In my 12 years on this site, I have never had a post taken down till these alert flags were added as a feature.
Perhaps site isn't actually reviewing the posts and just sticking a delete ...[text shortened]... iolation !!

Calling you an idiot is probably a violation, but sometimes the point has to be made.
Some things are a violation. Some things are not. But if they feel it is not good for the forum they will take it down. Don't cry about it. If you are going to constantly say things that make no sense and considered in poor taste or harassment then many people will want it taken down including the moderators. They take things down on their own as well.

I say great job to the Moderators for staying on top of things. They are not allowing you to run the forum. If you put it out there, it is up to them to decide.

Notice I don't post much at all. The last seven years nothing. Only as of late I posted some. But then stopped until I saw your novel.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Sep 22

@mghrn55

So are you saying your posts that were removed by the Moderators were not violations? Then why were they removed?

You are saying in some cases calling someone (ANYONE) an idiot is ok? I can show you in the TOS Guidelines where it is a violation, no exceptions are indicated there.

-VR

m

Moves
05 Sep 22

@vespin said
You are correct. He does decide what he does with his clan. And he told me that word for word. He does however only want matches no bigger than four vs four players.

And now he made that change, you won't be getting 20 point matches off of him anymore.

cheers.
So shelrock57, yes I'll mention him by name, just came to you and told you that "word for word" ??
OK, so the next question would be if he just came to you and told you he makes his own decisions regarding his clan.
He started this conversation, not you ?? OK.
And he just decided to tell you what he does ?? OK.
And he doesn't want to have any challenges larger than 4 players ?? OK.
All this on top of his clan having had challenges larger than 4 players all over the place ?? OK.

And he told you to tell me ?? On his behalf ?? OK.
And on top of that, you tell me I won't be getting any more 20 point matches from him any more ?? He asked you to tell me that ?? OK.
Shelrock57 has accepted challenges larger than 4 players from both Metallica and Breaking Bad for a long long time.
Perhaps an explanation is in order. And before you tell me to ask him, you are already doing all the talking for him.

btw, I just sent Nemesis Challenge a 4 player challenge. Let's see how this plays out.
They have 3 of our challenges in their in-box, in addition to what they have already deleted.

m

Moves
05 Sep 22

@very-rusty said
@mghrn55

So are you saying your posts that were removed by the Moderators were not violations? Then why were they removed?

You are saying in some cases calling someone (ANYONE) an idiot is ok? I can show you in the TOS Guidelines where it is a violation, no exceptions are indicated there.

-VR
As to my post above ....
First question..... answer is no.

Second question ... answer is yes. I expect that post to be removed.
I have a backup copy that I will adjust and re-issue the post. After I remove the last sentence, the rest of my post will meet the guidelines.
Unless you want to suggest right now why the post should be removed. After the last sentence has been removed.

m

Moves
05 Sep 22

@vespin said
Some things are a violation. Some things are not. But if they feel it is not good for the forum they will take it down. Don't cry about it. If you are going to constantly say things that make no sense and considered in poor taste or harassment then many people will want it taken down including the moderators. They take things down on their own as well.

I say great job ...[text shortened]... e last seven years nothing. Only as of late I posted some. But then stopped until I saw your novel.
Moderators do stay on top of things. But they cannot cover everything.
I think the Debates forum keeps them busy enough.
But the alert mechanism which is a relatively new feature has opened up a quandry.
If a post is alerted often enough, it will trigger a response to the admin help desk.
From there, they should review the post and act from there.
If members of this site continue to "flood the help desk", they may tend to not review all the messages and just apply the "delete flag".
My messaging in this thread, where my only post removals have ever occurred has been based on facts and there were no insults.
Now, if you insist that my asking you if you asked shelrock57 to stop accepting challenges from certain clans constitutes harassment, then site admin should be aware of the fact that you have a thin skin.
You may want to address why lstcyr had his posts removed. All he did was confirm you did ask clan leaders in his clan to not accept challenges from certain clans.
If you think that is harassment, then perhaps you need a thicker skin.
If I had a post removed, where I mentioned that what was going on was NOT cheating, but I was holding your feet to the fire in terms of your behavior as a clan leader, then you need a thicker skin.

Some of us are asking valid questions. And they were being answered, not just by me or lstycr. Also by you.
You helped put your own neck in the noose. No harassment.
Erasing some posts that were actually informative is NOT cleaning up violations of site guidelines.
We know that you and VR continually alerted posts that met the guidelines and hoped that site admin didn't do the due diligence every time around.
I'm not blaming them. Sometime their desk gets flooded with useless alerts.

Feel free to flag this post.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Sep 22
1 edit

@mghrn55

I ran out of my allotted 3 alerts, so will alert the post tomorrow providing someone doesn't beat me to it. No one is above the TOS Guidelines!

BTW there 3 questions two sentences! 🙂

-VR

m

Moves
05 Sep 22

@very-rusty said
@mghrn55

I ran out of my allotted 3 alerts, so will alert the post tomorrow providing someone doesn't beat me to it. No one is above the TOS Guidelines!

BTW there 3 questions two sentences! 🙂

-VR
Which post will you alert ? And why ??
That's 2 questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.