Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Mar 06

Originally posted by orfeo
*gulp*

I suddenly feel lighter.

What's that line across my throat?

And why do I have an urge to play the harp?
Poland won't see the light of day for another 100+ years.

n

Moves
20 Mar 06

Good Emperor of France, Warsaw has been promised to another.

The liberation of Krakow was achieved with minimum loss of life (to Russian troops) and maximum devastating to the local population (how dare they not cede on their own to us!!!!!!)

Well l have had no communication from Austria - this means l know where to go for my next holiday.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
20 Mar 06

The discussion group is saying something about Marines costing 6 gold in reality when they are listed as costing only 5. Also, Muslim Corsairs are supposed to have 1.1 HP and not 2 HP according to the group, but are not listed that way. Does anyone know anything about this?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
21 Mar 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The discussion group is saying something about Marines costing 6 gold in reality when they are listed as costing only 5. Also, Muslim Corsairs are supposed to have 1.1 HP and not 2 HP according to the group, but are not listed that way. Does anyone know anything about this?
My turn came back last week saying I had insufficient funds for my purchases. I has carefully calculated it and couldn't figure out where the error was. But if marines actually cost 6 gold, then this could explain it. Curse those fools, why can't they get their act together and update their entire rulebook and troop costs?

But I thought 5 gold for marines was a little too cheap. Why would you buy anything else then?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
21 Mar 06

Originally posted by rwingett
My turn came back last week saying I had insufficient funds for my purchases. I has carefully calculated it and couldn't figure out where the error was. But if marines actually cost 6 gold, then this could explain it. Curse those fools, why can't they get their act together and update their entire rulebook and troop costs?

But I thought 5 gold for marines was a little too cheap. Why would you buy anything else then?
That's one of the reasons I haven't been buying anything else; in Kent anyway where I can buy them.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
21 Mar 06

The same thing happened to me, too, Rob. Very annoying.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
21 Mar 06

The same thing happened to me, too, Rob. Very annoying.
There are fractions involved in upkeep and the like. The rulebook recommends leaving 2 in the treasury at the end of each turn. Could this be it?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
21 Mar 06

Doubt it. It never happened in MD.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
21 Mar 06

Doubt it. It never happened in MD.
Ah, it appears that in the games changes made in Jan, marines now cost 6 instead of 5.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
21 Mar 06

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
23 Mar 06
1 edit

Turn #7 is in. England could have done worse I suppose.

Taunt of the year goes to: King Joachim of Naples! LOL.

EDIT - How did things go in the Med? I haven't been keeping careful track.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
23 Mar 06

New turns are in.

King Clausewitz, do you have any energy left for an argument with someone in this game too? It's a bit of a pain bumping from page two.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
23 Mar 06

Turn #7 is in. England could have done worse I suppose.

Taunt of the year goes to: King Joachim of Naples! LOL.

EDIT - How did things go in the Med? I haven't been keeping careful track.
(I can't believe it took me 16 minutes to write my post...)

The war in the Med goes splendidly. Rumour has it the Emir is in Mexico.

By the way, how many royals do we have in our game? Obviously Prussia is (Blucher is out and about), but who else?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
23 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dyl
(I can't believe it took me 16 minutes to write my post...)

The war in the Med goes splendidly. Rumour has it the Emir is in Mexico.

By the way, how many royals do we have in our game? Obviously Prussia is (Blucher is out and about), but who else?
We are as Royal as anyone can get. Now if only these cowardly Commanders will recognize that fact and join the war on the side of Lord Nelson and us.

While Napoleon is most certainly NOT Royal, he does have a Commander.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
New turns are in.

King Clausewitz, do you have any energy left for an argument with someone in this game too? It's a bit of a pain bumping from page two.
I generally take a look at MD first as I've been dodging bullets in that one for about two months. Then I glance at NE to see if something happened I didn't expect. Nothing really did this turn (Hey Bavaria's biggest army; we're THAT way!), so I'll work on NE later or tomorrow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.