Originally posted by orfeo
*insert sound of crickets chirping here*
You forgot the tumbleweed.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
09 Mar 06

VICTORY! VICTORY! VICTORY!

The English dogs have been utterly crushed in a great battle in the English Channel. Correction, that is now the French Channel.

England lost:
10 ships of the line
4 victory class flagships
4 transports
12 british marines
6 light infantry
2 field artillery
1 militia
1 sharpshooter

France lost:
10 ships of the line
1 frigate
10 line infantry
3 french chasseurs
3 french volunteers
2 marines

France captured:
1 victory class flagship
1 ship of the line
1 transport

In addition to this, Cornwall was captured by the victorious French armies. The war with England is over except for the mopping up. The English court is in panic and preparing to flee London. France is victorious.

Vive la France

n

Moves
09 Mar 06

A rousing victory, the Russian Emperor sends his congratulations.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Decisive battle fought in the Medditerranian Sea!

A large part of the Algerian fleet has joined its predecessors on the bottom of the (Neapolitan owned) Tyrrhenian Sea, in what is becoming the traditional sparring ground for the opposing navies.

In his second landing attempt in two seasons, the Emir of Algeria, Emir Ma'harhamed Bey, sent a significant part of his armada skirting up the western coast of Italy; their target, the holy city of Rome, into the heart of which the heathen camel breaker intended his strike force to penetrate; the murder of the Pope, God's vassal on Earth, his goal.

Unfortunately for the Emir, I, Joachim I, King of Naples, was not born yesterday.

Two Neapolitan ships intercepted this band of villainous scum and in a replay of the battle last season, made light of their lack of numbers. Unlike the previous battle, the Neapolitan forces not only caused the sand clogged rabble to regret their impudence, but in doing so, did not lose a single stick of wood.

Algerian Fleet: Combat: 458, Total Hit Points: 16
Neapolitan Fleet: Total Combat: 360, Total Hit Points: 8

Added to which, the Neapolitan Admiral proudly announced the capture of two Algerian ships, including a prized Gun Galley. Regrettably there was some loss of life amongst the boarding party of the Good Christian Neapolitan army, but the King of Naples considers the price of victory well within the limits of his purse.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by orfeo
*insert sound of crickets chirping here*
How's the King of Poland holding out? Where are you hanging out these days?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. Ottomans 3
3. Russia 2
4. France 4
5. Austria 5
6. Bavaria 7
7. Sweden 11
8. Naples 9
9. England 6
10. Spain 10
11. Algeria 8

Great naval victory for the French, but they still need to build an army before they can complete the conquest of England. Sweden moved up to wheir normal spot after the non-move debacle of last turn. NicolaiS (Austria) hasn't moved here or in MD for two turns; wonder what happened? He seemed quite into it.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
"Holding up"...

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. Ottomans 3
3. Russia 2
4. France 4
5. Austria 5
6. Bavaria 7
7. Sweden 11
8. Naples 9
9. England 6
10. Spain 10
11. Algeria 8

Great naval victory for the French, but they still need to build an army before they can complete the conquest of England. Sweden moved up to wheir normal ...[text shortened]... tria) hasn't moved here or in MD for two turns; wonder what happened? He seemed quite into it.
Sucks to be me 🙁. Get out of my bottle!

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
09 Mar 06

I remember reading about how England was going to be nerfed to restore play balance, as France usually lost. Am I going to be able to use that as an excuse or did that not happen yet?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I remember reading about how England was going to be nerfed to restore play balance, as France usually lost. Am I going to be able to use that as an excuse or did that not happen yet?
I think it has happened. The new play balance has been put into place.

But you still can't use that excuse. Victory has been due solely to my military genius. My only complaint in an otherwise brilliant campaign is that I wish I'd built more infantry last turn and not quite so many ships. But I guess I didn't have a choice. I didn't know if you'd be cranking out another fleet last turn or not. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Mar 06

Maps are updated. I forgot to update the turn number on the Napoleonic map, though. You'll just have to keep in mind that it's turn 5.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
10 Mar 06

So let's get a betting pool going. England will be at the bottom of no1's list:

Turn 6
Turn 7
Turn 8
Turn 9
Turn 10
etc.
Never

England will lose her last province:

Turn 6
Turn 7
Turn 8
etc.
Never

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
10 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dyl
If I read the map correctly, no-one's liberated me from dungeon near Krakow yet.

Hurry up, there's a limit to how much dry biscuit an usurped king can eat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.