Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I own 11 provinces (for the moment anyway). Let's hypothesize a situation where my fleet did not turn tail and flee from a winning fight, and that I managed to attack something (like part of Norway or France or something) and win. Do I need to pay for Royalty status in NE in order to annex my 12th province?
Yes. Without going to the trouble of re-reading the rules, the limit in NE, I think, is 5 provinces. But if you start off the game with more than 5 provinces annexed to your name, then you can exceed that total. But you wouldn't be allowed to annex any more unless you became royal.

But you don't need to worry about that. You're never going to get off your accursed island.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Yes. Without going to the trouble of re-reading the rules, the limit in NE, I think, is 5 provinces. But if you start off the game with more than 5 provinces annexed to your name, then you can exceed that total. But you wouldn't be allowed to annex any more unless you became royal.

But you don't need to worry about that. You're never going to get off your accursed island.
:'(

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by rwingett

I'm sure it's a lot more like 12 or 13. In MD, it's 7.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
I'm sure it's a lot more like 12 or 13. In MD, it's 7.
The game wouldn't let me annex any provinces at all that I had taken; it said my limit was 6 (the number I started with as Prussia).

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
The game wouldn't let me annex any provinces at all that I had taken; it said my limit was 6 (the number I started with as Prussia).
Hmm. I'll find out after this turn. I don't get an error message, but you may be right.
I think this game may be a bit bit buggy. I'll tell why a bit later

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
01 Mar 06

Hmm. I'll find out after this turn. I don't get an error message, but you may be right.
I think this game may be a bit bit buggy. I'll tell why a bit later
One province in NE is like 2 provinces in MD.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
01 Mar 06

What if, I don't know, let's make up some wildly unlikely scenario - suppose Napoleonic marines were to land somewhere in Britain or Ireland. Would I be able to re-annex lands they took that were un-annexed to me?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 06

What if, I don't know, let's make up some wildly unlikely scenario - suppose Napoleonic marines were to land somewhere in Britain or Ireland. Would I be able to re-annex lands they took that were un-annexed to me?
In MD, I lost Istria, an annexed province, for a turn and when I re-took it the next it was still annexed to me. I believe you have three turns to recapture an annexed province unless the owner annexes it to his own realm in the meantime. After that, I think the limit on annexed provinces is a total for each turn, so I assume you could re-annex a province so long as the total of your other annexed provinces wasn't at the limit.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
In MD, I lost Istria, an annexed province, for a turn and when I re-took it the next it was still annexed to me. I believe you have three turns to recapture an annexed province unless the owner annexes it to his own realm in the meantime. After that, I think the limit on annexed provinces is a total for each turn, so I assume you could re-annex a province so long as the total of your other annexed provinces wasn't at the limit.
The problem is that in NE I began with higher than my allotted limit. So, if my initial territories get taken away and annexed to France, I am worried the game will tell me I can't reannex them if I take them back.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Mar 06
1 edit

The problem is that in NE I began with higher than my allotted limit. So, if my initial territories get taken away and annexed to France, I am worried the game will tell me I can't reannex them if I take them back.
If I took your filthy provinces, and if I held them long enough to annex them, then they would be lost to you unless you upgraded to royalty. But as No1 points out, if I do not annex them, they will remain annexed to you for 3 turns before you lose the rights to them.

Although I must say, the thought of treading on your cursed English soil gives me a reaction akin to the one Yosemite Sam has when he treads north of the Mason Dixon line.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
02 Mar 06

This is very confusing. I've gone through the rulebook and it does not address this question at all (and in fact says you're limited to 4). I think I started with 11 or so annexed provinces but am supposedly limited to 6. Then I issued a command to annex a province and did not get an error message, so it really is not clear.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
02 Mar 06

This is very confusing. I've gone through the rulebook and it does not address this question at all (and in fact says you're limited to 4). I think I started with 11 or so annexed provinces but am supposedly limited to 6. Then I issued a command to annex a province and did not get an error message, so it really is not clear.
We'll see tomorrow I suppose. Be warned however, in MD I ordered a Commander early in the game, before I became Royal, and I got no error message - but the next turn, I had no Commander.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
02 Mar 06

We'll see tomorrow I suppose. Be warned however, in MD I ordered a Commander early in the game, before I became Royal, and I got no error message - but the next turn, I had no Commander.
Did you lose gold? I presume not because the order did not go through. Anyway, I cancelled the annexation and built more troops until I understand better.
Beware, young tyrant upstart "emperor" - more trouble's coming your way.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
02 Mar 06
1 edit

Did you lose gold? I presume not because the order did not go through. Anyway, I cancelled the annexation and built more troops until I understand better.
Beware, young tyrant upstart "emperor" - more trouble's coming your way.
I don't remember 😕. I don't think the money got spent.

Maybe our limits are the same as what we start with? So, if I lost one territory but took Brittany, I could then annex Brittany.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
02 Mar 06
1 edit

I don't remember 😕. I don't think the money got spent.

Maybe our limits are the same as what we start with? So, if I lost one territory but took Brittany, I could then annex Brittany.
I don't know either. Could it be what you started with as in x + 6?

EDIT: I doubt this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.