Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Maybe he can lend you some to buy more ships.
I can't get the diploware to download on my computer at work, so I haven't seen the turn. Did you kill my ships or are you just commenting on the large number of them?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
23 Feb 06

You dirty buttmunch! You really tore me a new one.

n

Moves
23 Feb 06

l am looking forward to the Power ratings in this one....

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 06

Had to find my original listings in the other thread; what a pain. Anyway, here's this season's power ratings:

1. France 1
2. Russia 4
3. Prussia 3
4. Austria 5
5. Ottoman 6
6. England 2
7. Sweden 7
8. Algeria 8
9. Bavaria 9
10. Naples 11
11. Spain 10

The British naval disaster in the English channel knocked them down a few pegs. The French lead is quite small; Rob's been concentrating on his ship building and his army is smaller than most of the major powers. The 2nd number was the ratings at the start; from now on it will be last season's.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Had to find my original listings in the other thread; what a pain. Anyway, here's this season's power ratings:

1. France 1
2. Russia 4
3. Prussia 3
4. Austria 5
5. Ottoman 6
6. England 2
7. Sweden 7
8. Algeria 8
9. Bavaria 9
10. Naples 11
11. Spain 10

The British naval disaster in the English channel knocke ...[text shortened]... r powers. The 2nd number was the ratings at the start; from now on it will be last season's.
My Admiral has been removed from his post and disposed of. He should not have lost that battle; at least, he should not have lost it quite so...dramatically. He had, I think, 1 Victory, 2 SOL, a Frigate, 4 Transports, and 3 Marines when he fled leaving the flagship to die and two battleships to be captured. Shameful. God's angels will see to it that he is properly punished for his abysmal incompetence.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
My Admiral has been removed from his post and disposed of. He should not have lost that battle; at least, he should not have lost it quite so...dramatically. He had, I think, 1 Victory, 2 SOL, a Frigate, 4 Transports, and 3 Marines when he fled leaving the flagship to die and two battleships to be captured. Shameful. God's angels will see to it that he is properly punished for his abysmal incompetence.
Enter stage right - Nelson.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder

1. France 1
2. Russia 4
3. Prussia 3
4. Austria 5
5. Ottoman 6
6. England 2
7. Sweden 7
8. Algeria 8
9. Bavaria 9
10. Naples 11
11. Spain 10

The British naval disaster in the English channel knocke ...[text shortened]... r powers. The 2nd number was the ratings at the start; from now on it will be last season's.
Why do I get the feeling that I am once again dangling at the bottom of the food-chain?

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Why do I get the feeling that I am once again dangling at the bottom of the food-chain?
It could be worse. I'm still listed on the map as being in charge of Poland, and the carving has begun...

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Feb 06

You dirty buttmunch! You really tore me a new one.
By my count you lost:

1 Victory class flagship
1 Ship of the line
3 Frigates
7 Marines

This equals 78 gold value of material lost.

I lost:

6 Ships of the line
3 Line Infantry

This equals 69 gold value of material lost. But I captured 1 SOL and 1 Frigate (16 gold value) to put my net losses at 53 gold.

The end result was you lost 78 gold and I lost 53.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
24 Feb 06

By my count you lost:

1 Victory class flagship
1 Ship of the line
3 Frigates
7 Marines

This equals 78 gold value of material lost.

I lost:

6 Ships of the line
3 Line Infantry

This equals 69 gold value of material lost. But I captured 1 SOL and 1 Frigate (16 gold value) to put my net losses at 53 gold.

The end result was you lost 78 gold and I lost 53.
I wonder what it would have looked like if my retreat had been set to 5 and/or my transports were in the front 🙁.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Feb 06

I wonder what it would have looked like if my retreat had been set to 5 and/or my transports were in the front 🙁.
If you hadn't tampered with your retreat level, you would have won. It was very close at the end. If your admiral hadn't gotten cold feet it would have gone the other way. That's a hard lesson learned at the hands of Napoleon. Don't worry, you won't be the last one to benefit from my brand of on-the-job training.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Feb 06

If you hadn't tampered with your retreat level, you would have won. It was very close at the end. If your admiral hadn't gotten cold feet it would have gone the other way. That's a hard lesson learned at the hands of Napoleon. Don't worry, you won't be the last one to benefit from my brand of on-the-job training.
It looks like Napoleon should actually build an army at some point; those Bavarians look like they're on their way to Paris.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by orfeo
It could be worse. I'm still listed on the map as being in charge of Poland, and the carving has begun...
Hmm... I guess there’s much to be thankful about. At least I don't have a usurper on the throne and an alliance of enemies barking at my door. You have my condolences.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
24 Feb 06

Your transports should have been in front. Let them take the hits. Battles are not very deep in this game - basically you each take turns at hacking away at each other. If your best ships or troops are at the back, then they get more hacking opportunities - especially that formidable victory ship.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
Your transports should have been in front. Let them take the hits. Battles are not very deep in this game - basically you each take turns at hacking away at each other. If your best ships or troops are at the back, then they get more hacking opportunities - especially that formidable victory ship.
My logic was that my navy could handle his without using the transports for cover (and it should have) and that the transports probably had poor HP relative to their cost. The real screw up was my changing the retreat level...I'm not sure how I could have changed it to the point where my fleet fled before it lost all it's Frigates though! That was sheer stupidity. I can't imagine what I was thinking. Maybe it was a bug 🙁.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.