Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Actually it will be more like the 1320's. See the MD2 map.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/dipmap.jpg

I don't think it will be anything like the MD2 scenario. Here, with fewer landlocked nations, I think seapower in combination with landpower will rule. In MD2, nations like Bavaria, Hungary, Lithuania and Poland don't really need seapower to dominate on land.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by buffalobill

I don't think it will be anything like the MD2 scenario. Here, with fewer landlocked nations, I think seapower in combination with landpower will rule. In MD2, nations like Bavaria, Hungary, Lithuania and Poland don't really need seapower to dominate on land.
Yeah, I see your point. The NE starting map looks like what the MD2 one might look like when only 12 people were left. That late in an MD game means navies become more important.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
17 Feb 06

Yeah, I see your point. The NE starting map looks like what the MD2 one might look like when only 12 people were left. That late in an MD game means navies become more important.
Have you seen the flagship England's just built? I don't think it was there before. Bet you Nelson's on board. This is going to be a lot more naval game. Pass the rum.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
18 Feb 06

How do fortifications affect a fight?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
How do fortifications affect a fight?
It's in the Rulebook at the end of Chapter 7. Basically, you gain a certain extra percentage combat strength and a fixed number of additional hit points. The additions are more for infantry and artillery than for cavalry and increase for each level of fortifications with 1 being the lowest addition and 12 being the most. Also, the higher the fortification level the more troops can use it. They're a chart in the rules; learn it, live it.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
18 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's in the Rulebook at the end of Chapter 7. Basically, you gain a certain extra percentage combat strength and a fixed number of additional hit points. The additions are more for infantry and artillery than for cavalry and increase for each level of fortifications with 1 being the lowest addition and 12 being the most. Also, the higher the fortification level the more troops can use it. They're a chart in the rules; learn it, live it.
Thanks.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
18 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Thanks.
You can also look at the fortification itself and see the defence modifiers, which are different for infantry and cavalry. Also, if you're landing by sea you get a further -30% attack modifier.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Feb 06

Have you seen the flagship England's just built? I don't think it was there before. Bet you Nelson's on board. This is going to be a lot more naval game. Pass the rum.
No, I hadn't! Wow.

W

Moves
19 Feb 06

no1marauder (Bavarian Buster) Im sure you and your blood relatives are not Eyeing off my mighty province. There would be much better targets for one such as yourself, Poland Perhaps?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Warruff
no1marauder (Bavarian Buster) Im sure you and your blood relatives are not Eyeing off my mighty province. There would be much better targets for one such as yourself, Poland Perhaps?
LOL!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Warruff
Wrong game, at least so far.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Feb 06

Are you the Ottomans? The map has BuffaloBull as the Ottoman leader.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Feb 06
1 edit

What if someone were to perform an amphibious assault with, say, Peasant Rabble and Marines. Would the Peasant Rabble cause the Marines to do less damage than otherwise due to the amphibious attack modifier? (13% - 30% = -17% )

Oops, wrong game. Still, the basic idea is the same.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Feb 06

Actually, now that I think about it, any nation could have gone for hardcore land power just like I did in Hungary. My troops are all second rate; I don't have any kind of unit advantage. Unless I started out with more maybe. I don't see any reason for any nation other than England, which cannot be attacked by land, to invest in naval forces early on in either game.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Feb 06
1 edit

What if someone were to perform an amphibious assault with, say, Peasant Rabble and Marines. Would the Peasant Rabble cause the Marines to do less damage than otherwise due to the amphibious attack modifier? (13% - 30% = -17% )

Oops, wrong game. Still, the basic idea is the same.
The amphibious attack modifier reduces the combat strength by the applicable percentage of the attacking combat strength, it is not a straight subtraction as your example postulates. A Peasant Rabble in an amphibious attack would attack at 9.1% combat strength (30% of 13 = 3.9; 13 -3.9 = 9.1).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.