Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by Mayharm
Rwingett, I spotted your post in the MD thread, are you going to have difficulties producing the map for this game?

MÅ¥HÅRM
List yourself in the Yahoo forum you got in your mail and there are tools and maps to do the job. Admittedly, not as good as Wingnut's but serviceable. Do you want to offer? I've done the same in MD.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I went to my nephew, puffito1's house, to show him how to download the turnfile and explain the basic games system, but I'm having computer difficulties. He has Mozilla Firefox and when I try to download the turnfile it's asking me what application I want to open the file with. This is not something that happens on my IE; does anybody know what I'm supposed to do?
Smart guy. The other option is save as: ....

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Napoleon has always been the Emperor, and always will be. I crowned myself. I took the crown from the Pope's hands and placed it on my own head.
No, you weren't - you were just an artillery commander and now a jumped up emperor. The genuine royalty look forward to pricking your pretentious bubble. 😉

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
13 Feb 06

I received this PM from the GM yesterday:

Hello,

Poland is in a hopeless situation at gamestart, historically it was divided between the 3 big eastern powers in the year of gamestart (1797), and inevitably the same thing occurs in a game. Therefore, it is not played by any person.

Sincerely,

Sorry, Orf - you're out. It's ...[text shortened]... vinces. I'll guess we'll soon find out.

The PM settles the year question as well.
Oh well.

My one consolation is that by turn 13, a guy named Fryderyk Szopen is going to be born and go on to create some of the greatest music of all time, partly driven by the nationalistic fervour of an oppressed people.

j

Leeds, England

Moves
13 Feb 06

This intrigues me, where do I found out more about this sort of historical game? Are there sites and do you have to pay to play?

Sorry for asking dumb questions but just give me a couple of pointers and I will leave you to put each other to the sabre

PS Why is someone called halitosis on that turn 1 map?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Feb 06

Originally posted by johnnybike
This intrigues me, where do I found out more about this sort of historical game? Are there sites and do you have to pay to play?

Sorry for asking dumb questions but just give me a couple of pointers and I will leave you to put each other to the sabre

PS Why is someone called halitosis on that turn 1 map?
The site we are using for MD and NE is: http://www.lordsofconquest.com/

All the info is there; you can sign up for the individual games by clicking them on that page, which takes you to the sign up page.

j

Leeds, England

Moves
14 Feb 06

Thanks for that No1M - I will sign up and see how it goes
John

M
the Mad

Jupiter

Moves
15 Feb 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
List yourself in the Yahoo forum you got in your mail and there are tools and maps to do the job. Admittedly, not as good as Wingnut's but serviceable. Do you want to offer? I've done the same in MD.
I'll check it out tomorrow, if it's easy enough I may consider doing it.

But before that I want to see how badly I managed to screw up on turn one 😵

MÅ¥HÅRM

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Feb 06

Turn 2. Hmmmm...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Turn 2. Hmmmm...
It didn't appear you did very much on turn 1, Hal.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
16 Feb 06
4 edits

Ah! My first turn went through okay. A satisfactory start.

Would someone mind answering a few questions? There are a number of things I'd like to make sure of.

* Troop garrisons: is there a difference between having men in a garrison and having them in an army, disregarding the fact that armys can move? In other words, are garrisons just a way of neatly organising one's troops?

* Do injured troops remain injured after a battle?

* Are army names visible to other players? Will my "Grand Army Of Vienna" get me into trouble?

* The rulebook says something about royalty being allowed 3 more commanders than commoners, and that the final number is determined by which lands one holds. Does that necessarily mean us peasants can’t have a few if we hold the right provinces?

* Shall we all kill Spain for uttering the most boring proclamation?

I did have more questions, but none are coming to mind now. Expect another post later…

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by dyl
Ah! My first turn went through okay. A satisfactory start.

Would someone mind answering a few questions? There are a number of things I'd like to make sure of.

[b]*
Troop garrisons: is there a difference between having men in a garrison and having them in an army, disregarding the fact that armys can move? In other words, are garrisons just a way of ne ...[text shortened]...

I did have more questions, but none are coming to mind now. Expect another post later…[/b]
If it is the same as MD, troops in a garrison will defend better than troops in an army.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
16 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Freddie2006
If it is the same as MD, troops in a garrison will defend better than troops in an army.
Really? I believe the games are the same. Thank you, '06.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dyl
Really? I believe the games are the same. Thank you, '06.
Freddie is wrong. If you have the troops in an army set to "enter and defend fortifications" they defend the same as a garrison. The only difference is garrisons can't move and automatically defend inside the fortifications.

As to your other questions:

Troops that were injured during a battle, but then survived the battle, have no adverse effect.

Other countries can't see your army names.

Only people who have Royalty status can purchase Commanders.

Yes.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
16 Feb 06

Freddie is wrong. If you have the troops in an army set to "enter and defend fortifications" they defend the same as a garrison. The only difference is garrisons can't move and automatically defend inside the fortifications.
😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.