Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by orfeo
Except then there's the Napoleon problem. The reference I found suggested he wasn't in charge until 1796 and he wasn't Emperor until later still.
Napoleon has always been the Emperor, and always will be. I crowned myself. I took the crown from the Pope's hands and placed it on my own head.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Feb 06

I went to my nephew, puffito1's house, to show him how to download the turnfile and explain the basic games system, but I'm having computer difficulties. He has Mozilla Firefox and when I try to download the turnfile it's asking me what application I want to open the file with. This is not something that happens on my IE; does anybody know what I'm supposed to do?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I went to my nephew, puffito1's house, to show him how to download the turnfile and explain the basic games system, but I'm having computer difficulties. He has Mozilla Firefox and when I try to download the turnfile it's asking me what application I want to open the file with. This is not something that happens on my IE; does anybody know what I'm supposed to do?
Man! How many of your relatives are on RHP anyway?!

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
12 Feb 06

I would have thought the correct application would be the Diploware program, which appears to be called V3gui.exe

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by orfeo
I would have thought the correct application would be the Diploware program, which appears to be called V3gui.exe
That didn't work initially, but after a few drinks and uninstalling and reinstalling the Diploware, Sweden is on the board. I think the little SOB sneak attacked me though.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
12 Feb 06

That didn't work initially, but after a few drinks and uninstalling and reinstalling the Diploware, Sweden is on the board. I think the little SOB sneak attacked me though.
I think the little SOB sneak attacked me though.

lol. What better than playing against your "soft" uncle?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
12 Feb 06

I've noticed a difference about amphibious invasion stuff in NE. Instead of Marines having a note saying "this unit suffers no penalty in amphibious attacks" like in MD, it says "this unit gets +10% combat in amphibious attacks". Does this mean that amphibious attacks in general do not suffer a penalty in NE? Likewise, my Light Infantry do not have a note, whereas in MD2, they have a note saying their penalty is less than that of other, regular units. Will a force of say 500 combat and 20 HP (no Marines) have an advantage or disadvantage amphibiously attacking a force with 480 combat and 20 HP?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I've noticed a difference about amphibious invasion stuff in NE. Instead of Marines having a note saying "this unit suffers no penalty in amphibious attacks" like in MD, it says "this unit gets +10% combat in amphibious attacks". Does this mean that amphibious attacks in general do not suffer a penalty in NE? Likewise, my Light Infantry do not have ...[text shortened]... have an advantage or disadvantage amphibiously attacking a force with 480 combat and 20 HP?
Where are you going to attack? Norway?

You don't need to know how to launch amphibious assaults. Stay on your accursed island.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Feb 06

I received this PM from the GM yesterday:

Hello,

Poland is in a hopeless situation at gamestart, historically it was divided between the 3 big eastern powers in the year of gamestart (1797), and inevitably the same thing occurs in a game. Therefore, it is not played by any person.

Sincerely,

Sorry, Orf - you're out. It's unclear to me whether this means Poland is a bot or just sits there, a mere collection of independent provinces. I'll guess we'll soon find out.

The PM settles the year question as well.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I've noticed a difference about amphibious invasion stuff in NE. Instead of Marines having a note saying "this unit suffers no penalty in amphibious attacks" like in MD, it says "this unit gets +10% combat in amphibious attacks". Does this mean that amphibious attacks in general do not suffer a penalty in NE? Likewise, my Light Infantry do not have ...[text shortened]... have an advantage or disadvantage amphibiously attacking a force with 480 combat and 20 HP?
It seems British marines are given an extra 10%, but other marines (like Prussia's) state that the marines "have no negative amphibious/naval modifiers". That would lead me to believe that other troops have the full negative modifiers like MD unless stated otherwise in their unit descriptions.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
12 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
Where are you going to attack? Norway?

You don't need to know how to launch amphibious assaults. Stay on your accursed island.
Quiet, peasant. I was speaking to my peers, the royalty of Europe. Your illegitimate takeover of our French territories will be short lived and painful, be sure.

King George III

EDIT - Thanks, no1. I get the best of both worlds it seems!

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
13 Feb 06

Just a quick note: If Napoleon chooses to style himself Emperor (coronation: 1804), then I opt to be Joachim Murat (King of Naples: 1808 - 1815). Ferdinand is a big girl's blouse.

M
the Mad

Jupiter

Moves
13 Feb 06

Rwingett, I spotted your post in the MD thread, are you going to have difficulties producing the map for this game?

MÅ¥HÅRM

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by Mayharm
Rwingett, I spotted your post in the MD thread, are you going to have difficulties producing the map for this game?

MÅ¥HÅRM
If I have a problem with one I'll have a problem with both. We'll see.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by dyl
Ferdinand is a big girl's blouse.
I have have to laugh. Brilliant. It reminds of the Algerian graffiiti during the insurrection and liberation war against France: "Your King is a Queen".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.