Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
25 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
I wouldn't expect a collection of goat herders to understand Grand Strategy; in a campaign it is sometimes necessary to fight delaying actions or make diversionary attacks to tie up your enemy's reserves. I hope for the sake of what is jokingly referred to as the "Mongol Army", you spend your time re-arranging the one piece of furniture in your yurt and ...[text shortened]... mand of your forces to someone who has experience combatting something other than body lice.
I've hired a new commander for that purpose. He's blind, but they tell me he's good. He'll be riding out from the Crimea to take command of my field operations this turn.

'Kovalenko the Blind' is his name
siegecraft: 38
foot tactics: 20
mounted tactics: 19
naval tactics: 19

He's pretty good with the siege equipment. I guess castles don't move around too much, so his visual handicap isn't as big of a factor.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
26 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I wouldn't expect a collection of goat herders to understand Grand Strategy; in a campaign it is sometimes necessary to fight delaying actions or make diversionary attacks to tie up your enemy's reserves. I hope for the sake of what is jokingly referred to as the "Mongol Army", you spend your time re-arranging the one piece of furniture in your yurt and ...[text shortened]... mand of your forces to someone who has experience combatting something other than body lice.
LOL!

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
26 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
I've hired a new commander for that purpose. He's blind, but they tell me he's good. He'll be riding out from the Crimea to take command of my field operations this turn.

He's pretty good with the siege equipment. I guess castles don't move around too much, so his visual handicap isn't as big of a factor.
I can't stop laughing! I don't need to read this while I'm blazed.

EDIT - Wrong thread, guys. You confused me!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

Make sure he has handicapped plates on his chariot; the parking around Byzantium is a bitch.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
26 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I can't stop laughing! I don't need to read this while I'm blazed.

EDIT - Wrong thread, guys. You confused me!
I tell you, you can't make that kind of stuff up. I usually change the names of my commanders, but 'Kovalenko the Blind' was just too good. So I stuck with it.

You're right though, we are in the wrong thread. They start to blur together after a while.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
26 Feb 06

I tell you, you can't make that kind of stuff up. I usually change the names of my commanders, but 'Kovalenko the Blind' was just too good. So I stuck with it.

You're right though, we are in the wrong thread. They start to blur together after a while.
I've been wondering about the lack of good infantry commanders. At least I haven't seen any. I wonder if different cultures get different kinds of commanders?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
26 Feb 06

I've been wondering about the lack of good infantry commanders. At least I haven't seen any. I wonder if different cultures get different kinds of commanders?
I think other cultures get commanders who can see.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
26 Feb 06

I think other cultures get commanders who can see.
I got one with a prosthetic stomach.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
27 Feb 06

The King of Naples has spent the weekend meditating and feels ready to face a hostile Europe again.

In fact, the King of Naples may have over-indulged in meditation as His Highness feels rather poorly.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
27 Feb 06

Originally posted by dyl
The King of Naples has spent the weekend meditating and feels ready to face a hostile Europe again.

In fact, the King of Naples may have over-indulged in meditation as His Highness feels rather poorly.
Italian wines are indeed fine!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Feb 06

Originally posted by dyl

Does this mean the King of Naples will screw up his orders again? 😛

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
27 Feb 06

Does this mean the King of Naples will screw up his orders again? 😛
😞

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
28 Feb 06

I looked in Google and Wikipedia and can't find any mention of this guy. I wonder if he's based on a real historical figure?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Feb 06

I looked in Google and Wikipedia and can't find any mention of this guy. I wonder if he's based on a real historical figure?
I thought they all were, but I couldn't find any mention of him either.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
01 Mar 06

I own 11 provinces (for the moment anyway). Let's hypothesize a situation where my fleet did not turn tail and flee from a winning fight, and that I managed to attack something (like part of Norway or France or something) and win. Do I need to pay for Royalty status in NE in order to annex my 12th province?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.