Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
I don't know either. Could it be what you started with as in x + 6?

EDIT: I doubt this.
That's how they should have done it. It would be silly to play one of these games and not be able to annex nothing at all, not even your own lands that you lost. It would dramatically change the dynamic of the game and not for the better.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
That's how they should have done it. It would be silly to play one of these games and not be able to annex nothing at all, not even your own lands that you lost. It would dramatically change the dynamic of the game and not for the better.
Not annex nothing? Tut tut, as the official custodian of the English language you should know better, Even us towel-heads know this.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Mar 06

I don't remember 😕. I don't think the money got spent.

Maybe our limits are the same as what we start with? So, if I lost one territory but took Brittany, I could then annex Brittany.
Took Brittany! What a laugh. Why don't you use Japan for your example, or the moon, it would be about as realistic.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
03 Mar 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
Not annex nothing? Tut tut, as the official custodian of the English language you should know better, Even us towel-heads know this.
The English King does not bow down to the English language. The English language bows down to the English King. All grammar texts will henceforth be altered.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
03 Mar 06

The English King does not bow down to the English language. The English language bows down to the English King. All grammar texts will henceforth be altered.
Your name's not King Canute. A wise king does not try to push the river or roll back the tide.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
03 Mar 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Took Brittany! What a laugh. Why don't you use Japan for your example, or the moon, it would be about as realistic.
Oh, I plan to take both. The Moon will have to wait for the English Space Program to get more funding; right now money's going towards trying to find a competent Admiral. But once that's taken care of...

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
03 Mar 06

Oh, I plan to take both. The Moon will have to wait for the English Space Program to get more funding; right now money's going towards trying to find a competent Admiral. But once that's taken care of...
Bump

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 Mar 06

Where the bloody hell is the new turn file?!

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
04 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
Where the bloody hell is the new turn file?!
OK, so 11 AM Friday came and went. Maybe that wasn't the time for arrival, but time fo submission (equivalent to normal Tues 5 pm PST). This means we should see it tomorrow morning as if it were Wednesday night. Maybe.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 Mar 06
1 edit

OK, so 11 AM Friday came and went. Maybe that wasn't the time for arrival, but time fo submission (equivalent to normal Tues 5 pm PST). This means we should see it tomorrow morning as if it were Wednesday night. Maybe.
The new season has begun!

The sly Emir of Algeria has made a rather poor landing attempt on the Kingdom of Naples. With only a small Neapolitan fleet between the invasion armada and land, the Emir still found his forces grossly inadequate for the task at hand. By the time my two ships had been sunk there were no Algerian troops left alive to attempt the landing. Three Algerian ships joined their cargo on the Tyrrhenian Sea floor.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl

The sly Emir of Algeria has made a rather poor landing attempt on the Kingdom of Naples. With only a small Neapolitan fleet between the invasion armada and land, the Emir still found his forces grossly inadequate for the task at hand. By the time my two ships had been sunk there were no Algerian troops left alive to attempt the landing. Three Algerian ships joined their cargo on the Tyrrhenian Sea floor.
Fortune favours the brave

Emir Ma'harhamed Bey

The brave should have been taught to swim.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Mar 06
1 edit

I see your new admiral is a coward. The English fleet cowers like beaten dogs before the mighty French navy. Why don't you send your ships out to fight? I'll be sure to give them a booming welcome.

Edit: come out and fight. Let's have this thing over and done with once and for all.

M
the Mad

Jupiter

Moves
04 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl

How amusing, I would have thought even an accursed christian would know the difference between a patrol and an invasion fleet...but it is well that my forces should appear more than they are in your eyes, Insha'Allah you will surrender all the quicker...

In Allah's name,
Emir Ma'harhamed Bey

M
the Mad

Jupiter

Moves
04 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
Fortune favours the brave

[b]Emir Ma'harhamed Bey

The brave should have been taught to swim.[/b]
Actually, I would like to apologise for such a boring and unoriginal proclamation. I got pressed for time and wrote the first thing that came to mind, I swear by allah that i will do better next time!

In Allah's name,
Emir Ma'harhamed Bey

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Mar 06

This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 3
2. Russia 2
3. Ottomans 5
4. France 1
5. Austria 4
6. England 6
7. Bavaria 9
8. Algeria 8
9. Naples 10
10. Spain 11
11. Sweden 7

Somehow my dimwitted nephew (Sweden) managed to submit a turnfile with nothing but a proclamation. I'm sure that country will be back up in the ratings next week IF he doesn't similarly screw up. Austria (NicolaiS) didn't move; Nicolai apparently didnt get the memo here or in MD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.