The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Moves
27 Jul 23

@torunn said
I don't know, what was his request? If it's beer, he is your guest. 🙂
I think he was looking for some samplers of the cheese variety but I will get him a Sam Adams, while you take care of the sampler…if you don’t mind.😉😁

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 23

@great-big-stees said
I think he was looking for some samplers of the cheese variety but I will get him a Sam Adams, while you take care of the sampler…if you don’t mind.😉😁
It's ok, I still have some left. Going back for more would mean a 1 hour and 45 minutes drive. I can go by train, maybe next week. 🙂

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jul 23

@torunn said
It's ok, I still have some left. Going back for more would mean a 1 hour and 45 minutes drive. I can go by train, maybe next week. 🙂
Relax, mon Torunn! I can get by without those expensive cheeses

How about a bag of Cheez-its 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 23

@earl-of-trumps said

Original or White cheddar or Italian four cheese? 🙂

Moves
28 Jul 23

@torunn said
Just have them delivered.👍

Moves
28 Jul 23

@earl-of-trumps said

My dear sir, although we always serve our patrons with whatever their hearts desire, we do have certain standards. Cheek-it’s? Please.🤮

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jul 23
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
My dear sir, although we always serve our patrons with whatever their hearts desire, we do have certain standards. Cheek-it’s? Please.🤮
Cheez-its, if you don't mind. 🙂

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
28 Jul 23

@torunn said
Original or White cheddar or Italian four cheese? 🙂
white cheddar 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jul 23

@earl-of-trumps said
white cheddar 🙂
Exactly, it is the best. 🙂

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
28 Jul 23

@great-big-stees said
Ok, then, what do you have that is classy, and ^please^ don't say pretzels!

I think I should conduct my business with Torunn, she understands 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jul 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Ok, then, what do you have that is classy, and ^please^ don't say pretzels!

I think I should conduct my business with Torunn, she understands 🙂
The customer is always right.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
29 Jul 23

@torunn said
The customer is always right.
Harry Selfridge’s hackneyed trope is wrong, or at least only right in certain situations. Customers are mostly wrong imo.

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jul 23

@divegeester said
Harry Selfridge’s hackneyed trope is wrong, or at least only right in certain situations. Customers are mostly wrong imo.
The customer decides whether to buy or not, and you can't tell them they are wrong, only point to the alternative solutions.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
29 Jul 23
1 edit

@torunn said
The customer decides whether to buy or not, and you can't tell them they are wrong, only point to the alternative solutions.
I would agree with what you say, but hold to the notion that the customer is often wrong. The idea from Harry Selfridge in the early 1900s is a philosophy which I feel is rooted in the drive to sell them anything, just sell them, just close the sale. It puts pressure on the frontline sales person, pressure on the customer, drives longer term customer dissatisfaction and therefore does not engender consumer loyalty and repeat business.

Modern more insightful sales techniques are far more sophisticated, customer focused, needs based, insights driven conversations which help the customer see opportunity in considering alternatives and realising that their first impulse might be wrong.

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jul 23
2 edits

@divegeester said

Modern more insightful sales techniques are far more sophisticated, customer focused, needs based, insights driven conversations which help the customer see opportunity in considering alternatives and realising that their first impulse might be wrong.
I agree with you that sales techniques are more sophisticated, but I wouldn't hold them for more honest. 🙂 But I might add that a good deal takes two satisfied parties - seller and buyer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.