Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Spirituality

j

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
What exactly do you mean inside of us? Is a part of him literally inside our bodys?
================================
What exactly do you mean inside of us? Is a part of him literally inside our bodys?
======================================

I mean in the same sense in which Paul means in 2 Cor. 13:5.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I will accept "I am not sure what Paul meant" as a legitimate answer.

And look. I don't really want to have fights about it. I can share with you what I know.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]================================
======================================

I mean in the same sense in which Paul means in 2 Cor. 13:5.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I will accept "I am not sure what Paul meant" as a legitimate answer.

And look. I don't really want to have fights about it. I can share with you what I know.[/b]
Go ahead and explain what you mean...

d

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Spend more time listening to Christ instead of the Pope.
Who Me? I do.

rc

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by menace71
The Watch Tower Society can be shown to be fraudulent quite easily. Historically it would say at a certain point Christ is going to return. They would set a date then it would come to pass without fulfillment. They would then just change the meaning of what was previously written. They then said it was a invisible return. What is that? If they can't even ge ...[text shortened]... of the New world Translation before 1972 John 1:1 reads differently they change it.

Manny
try the sahidic coptic text, preserved from earlier Greek manuscripts, dated to the second century, then come back and tell the forum whos changed what. let me know when your jaw returns to its proper position.

j

Moves
10 Jul 09
4 edits

Yes. I will expand a bit before you are tempted to write an essay to respond.

I know many people and denominations think that there is some great mystery in the Bible which needs to be researched and studied in order to understand and to receive salvation. The truth is that what Christ requires us to believe and to do (for salvation) is clearly stated in ...[text shortened]... ve that Christ is God incarnate when such a doctrine is not clearly explained by Christ or Paul?
==================================
How do you justify claiming that someone is not a Christian (which you did in previous threads/posts) who does not believe that Christ is God incarnate when such a doctrine is not clearly explained by Christ or Paul?
========================================

In the final analysis only God knows who has received Christ into their being.

To me the Christian is the one who has recived Christ. It is not that hard to receive Christ. And some people who have could have some cloudy ideas beecause some heretic got to them.

So, only God really knows who is born of God. And I think that new birth is what makes the person a Christian.

I think there are some born again people stuck in groups which themselves do not understand that experience. And those groups could fill all their adherants heads with unscriptural ideas.

I do not say we should practice to be obscure about our salvation. But it is a fact of life that some people will be so.

When I come accross people who have been indocrinated that Christ is an angel I rarely am encouraged upon close examination that they are regenerated.

They seem to not understand such basic things and are furthermore militant to oppose very basic things.

Jesus did say that the tares and the wheat would grow together in the field until the harvest and that His servants would make mistakes IF they tried to separate them "in the world".

How can I possibly receive as a Christian brother someone fighting to teach that Jesus was the archangel Michael? It is impossible for me. It is impossible for the vast majority of believers in Jesus that I know.

" ... For many deceivers went out into the world, those who do not confess Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. (2 John 1:7)

Everyone who goes beyond and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God; he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do no say to him, Rejoice!

For he who says to him, Rejoice, shares in his evil works." (2 John 3:10,11)

Again John writes:

"Young children, it is the last hour; and even as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, whereby we know that it is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us they would have remained with us; but [they went out] that they might be manifessted that they all are not of us." (1 John 2:18,19)

I consider people who teach that the Word was "a god" and a created archangel (ie. Michael the archangel) to be of this catagory of people, in principle.

Upon close examination they do not seem to know what it is to be born of God.

I have a lot of patience and tolerance to try to correct someone who has been misled. But it is not limitless.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
try the sahidic coptic text, preserved from earlier Greek manuscripts, dated to the second century, then come back and tell the forum whos changed what. let me know when your jaw returns to its proper position.
That does not change the fact that the watch tower is fraudulent and the New world Translation. It is historical and can be found quite readily. There are so many translations I'm sure there are others that are not correctly translated from the original languages.

Manny

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Who Me? I do.
Then pray as Christ suggested.
Dont pray as the Pope suggested.

d

Moves
10 Jul 09

That does not change the fact that the watch tower is fraudulent and the New world Translation. It is historical and can be found quite readily. There are so many translations I'm sure there are others that are not correctly translated from the original languages.

Manny
Nobody said (that I know of) read it so what is your point? There are a lot of mis-translated books but doesn't mean you have to read them.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]==================================
How do you justify claiming that someone is not a Christian (which you did in previous threads/posts) who does not believe that Christ is God incarnate when such a doctrine is not clearly explained by Christ or Paul?
========================================

In the final analysis only God knows who ha ...[text shortened]... ce and tolerance to try to correct someone who has been misled. But it is not limitless.[/b]
So Jay..are you saved and if so what exactly does that mean...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jul 09

Manny
Ask him about 1914? 😀

d

Moves
10 Jul 09

Then pray as Christ suggested.
Dont pray as the Pope suggested.
No the Pope didn't suggest anything of the sort, The Mass is a prayer itself, which Christ approves THROUGH THE CHURCH, the sooner you realize this the better for all concerned.

rc

Moves
10 Jul 09
1 edit

Manny
it completely refutes your lie that John 1:1 has been changed though, but you are not honest enough even to admit it,

rc

Moves
10 Jul 09

Ask him about 1914? 😀
isnt it past your bed time?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
isnt it past your bed time?
Im not in your time zone smarty.

So whats the story with 1914?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jul 09

Greek scholars translate it differently than the Watch Tower http://www.equip.org/articles/john-1-1-and-the-new-world-translation

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.