if you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviur ---

if you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviur ---

Spirituality

K

Moves
13 Feb 14

Hello All,
I was able to get to the grocery store even despite the weather. . .

How many of us think that each of us do not sin? How many think that you are blameless to God for sins? I hope that one day before it is too late that everyone realizes that we are individually sinners against God, we cannot save ourselves, we are totally helpless to save ourselves, and trusts in Christ as Savior.

Until then, our good works will not help us in gaining eternal life. After then, our good works will not gain eternal life, but they can help us have rewards. They may help us not be ashamed before Christ, but they will not earn our salvation.

Until our righteousness is the same as Christ's righteousness, we are doomed. We are condemned to hell and/or the Lake of Fire. Christ's righteousness is given to believers in Christ. Please don't depend on self-righteousness to earn eternal life.

I was listening to preaching recently on television, and if I am accurate about all the references, the preacher used

Exodus 20, Numbers 21, Deuteronomy 28, Luke 2, and Matthew 10 to show that Israel wanted to be judged on their own merits, that God gave the 10 commandments, with some other 590 Laws of God, that even though the Christ was thought to bring about freedom for Israel, Christ actually came to send a sword, and set variance against family members. Foes shall be within households.
==================================

I suppose believers in the Law of God will be at variance against those who believe in Christ as Savior. Even Peter, the Apostle, with others, supported the decision in Acts 15. The Jewish leaders persecuted followers of Christ. The Jewish leaders wanted Christ crucified. The Jewish leaders who claimed that the Law of God must be followed wanted Christ crucified.

So what side are you all on? Christ's side, or the side of the Leaders of Israel? Whatever you choose, do not be self-righteous before God. There is a judgement for believers and there is a judgement for unbelievers. I want to be in the judgement for believers. Which one will you be in? The Revelation in the King James Version of the Bible may help you to decide.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hello All,
I was able to get to the grocery store even despite the weather. . .

How many of us think that each of us do not sin? How many think that you are blameless to God for sins? I hope that one day before it is too late that everyone realizes that we are individually sinners against God, we cannot save ourselves, we are totally helpless to save ...[text shortened]... ne will you be in? The Revelation in the King James Version of the Bible may help you to decide.
I am an electronics tech. If 2 or 3 boards out of 100 fail test, I suspect an anomaly; bad parts, poor soldering, etc.

If 100 out of 100 boards fail, I suspect a design flaw.

If 100% of humans are flawed to an unacceptable degree - which makes more sense: blaming the humans, or blaming their designer?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
13 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I am an electronics tech. If 2 or 3 boards out of 100 fail test, I suspect an anomaly; bad parts, poor soldering, etc.

If 100 out of 100 boards fail, I suspect a design flaw.

If 100% of humans are flawed to an unacceptable degree - which makes more sense: blaming the humans, or blaming their designer?
Good point, SG.

Rob Bell, in his book "Love Wins" asks the question (and I paraphrase)" if only a small per centage of the world's population gets to go to heaven, and the majority gets fried, does God get what He wanted when he created the world?"

Edit: additional question - how do you think God looks forward to intellectual discourse with the likes of RJH and GB for all eternity? Just wondering...

P

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by CalJust
Good point, SG.

Rob Bell, in his book "Love Wins" asks the question (and I paraphrase)" if only a small per centage of the world's population gets to go to heaven, and the majority gets fried, does God get what He wanted when he created the world?"

Edit: additional question - how do you think God looks forward to intellectual discourse with the likes of RJH and GB for all eternity? Just wondering...
In God's design, we all start with A's. It is we, in our laziness, our lack of human compassion, who will change that grade.

There are some who believe that the compassion we have for others has no bearing or weight on the outcome of our final grade. They are wrong, for they forget the compassion, and grace of God.

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
In God's design, we all start with A's. It is we, in our laziness, our lack of human compassion, who will change that grade.

There are some who believe that the compassion we have for others has no bearing or weight on the outcome of our final grade. They are wrong, for they forget the compassion, and grace of God.
"In God's design, we all start with A's. It is we, in our laziness, our lack of human compassion, who will change that grade. "

How does Original Sin fit into this?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
"In God's design, we all start with A's. It is we, in our laziness, our lack of human compassion, who will change that grade. "

"Original Sin" is another fairly recent, and despicable doctrine.

Just consider how Jesus treated the "sinners" of his day.

P

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357

The sin of Adam was repaid by the death of Jesus on the cross. The Sin of the World is something we are all connected to. When we look the other way when a crime takes place, even the little ones. Or even are the cause of some. The joke in the office that affects women, or Jews, or gays, etc.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Feb 14

Good point, SG.

I would think God would pick who he hangs out with for eternity, and it would be a much different list than people might think.

If I were still a theist, I would not presume to comment on how to get saved, or who will be saved, or any of that. I would just say, "this is what I think I'm supposed to do per scripture, so I'm trying my best to do it. It's up to God who is saved and who's not."

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
13 Feb 14

If I were still a theist, I would not presume to comment on how to get saved, or who will be saved, or any of that. I would just say, "this is what I think I'm supposed to do per scripture, so I'm trying my best to do it. It's up to God who is saved and who's not."
Pretty good policy, I would say. Not far different from what I believe.

In fact not different at all...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 14

I would think God would pick who he hangs out with for eternity, and it would be a much different list than people might think.

Exactly .. thats the bottom line : do the right thing and let God decide.

This thing people have these days shouting 'IM SAVED' .. 'IM BORN AGAIN ' .. I call them Facebook Christians. Not sure how well that goes down with God.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Feb 14

Questions for Today: How much time topside on earth do we still have? Some: one (1) day at a time. Then one morning or afternoon or evening, our brain waves will cease and our physical deaths will occur. Unfinished business? Things around the house that need to be done? Chess games running down their Time Banks? We'll no longer be around to contribute to this forum. All of our bodies will go down to start highly successful worm farms: Job 24:19-20 Authorized (King James) Version "19 Drought and heat consume the snow waters: so doth the grave those which have sinned. 20 The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree." Yep.

P

Moves
14 Feb 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Questions for Today: How much time topside on earth do we still have? Some: one (1) day at a time. Then one morning or afternoon or evening, our brain waves will cease and our physical deaths will occur. Unfinished business? Things around the house that need to be done? Chess games running down their Time Banks? We'll no longer be around to contribute t ...[text shortened]... sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree." Yep.
Is this something to really worry about? Not for me, thank you. I'm much more into my children, family and making spelling errors here on this forum. lol

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Feb 14

Good point, SG.

He made provision so that no one need 'fry'. Focus in heaven will be on Christ. Horizontal comparisons seem to hold appeal. Do you know what the single greatest human fear happens to be? Googling won't help. I'll reply when I see it posted.

P

Moves
14 Feb 14

He made provision so that no one need 'fry'. Focus in heaven will be on Christ. Horizontal comparisons seem to hold appeal. Do you know what the single greatest human fear happens to be? Googling won't help. I'll reply when I see it posted.
being alone, maybe.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
16 Feb 14

Do you know what the single greatest human fear happens to be? Googling won't help. I'll reply when I see it posted.
Public speaking. About three notches higher than Fear of Death

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.