The Bible accepts homosexuality!

The Bible accepts homosexuality!

Spirituality

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I have no problem with Bible-God being a dick so long as we agree that such is it's nature without abusing language. By any reasonable definition of the word, "loving" is not an attribute that is consistent with your notion of "God".

Indeed what precisely is meant by Bible-God is loving??? 😕
The book of Romans. Its a good introduction to how Christ gave his life so that we can have life. If not then take the advice I gave to PK. Life your life as you see fit and let Christians do the same.

w

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
First, I strongly doubt that statistic. Second, exactly what are you aiming at?
What is Whodey aiming at? Well it's kinda like drug abusers. I suppose you could provide them with clean needles and all to let them carry on as they like. No doubt, it would "save" some lives, but in the end, there is no changing the fact that it's simply a screwed up lifestyle that is inherently unhealthy.

So what is more loving? Is it more loving to provide a drug abuser a kindler gentler environment to carry on or is it more loving go through the horrendous ordeal of going cold turkey?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
06 Nov 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
The book of Romans. Its a good introduction to how Christ gave his life so that we can have life. If not then take the advice I gave to PK. Life your life as you see fit and let Christians do the same.
Well en-masse, Christians don't just live out their lives in peace. Indeed they go round petitioning for large groups of people to be silenced, marginalised, incarcerated, or murdered because these people do things an invisible friend in the sky is purported to dislike.
Moreover, this is a (Spirituality) debating forum; and as much as you'd love it to be a Christian worship forum and/or insulting no-Christians forum it is no such thing yet. As such if I have a point to make about the Bible-God invention or any other god humans have dreamt up I'll make it in spite of your or anyone else's request for me to zip it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
What is Whodey aiming at? Well it's kinda like drug abusers. I suppose you could provide them with clean needles and all to let them carry on as they like. No doubt, it would "save" some lives, but in the end, there is no changing the fact that it's simply a screwed up lifestyle that is inherently unhealthy.

So what is more loving? Is it more loving to ...[text shortened]... ment to carry on or is it more loving go through the horrendous ordeal of going cold turkey?
Or maybe you give them clean needles while they wait to get onto a treatment program. You see the thing is whodey, detoxing is the easy part, it's the psychological part of addiction that is the tougher part to conquer. That is a life long battle.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Well en-masse, Christians don't just live out their lives in peace. Indeed they go round petitioning for large groups of people to be silenced, marginalised, incarcerated, or murdered because these people do things an invisible friend in the sky is purported to dislike.
Moreover, this is a (Spirituality) debating forum; and as much as you'd love it to be a Ch ...[text shortened]... mans have dreamt up I'll make it in spite of your or anyone else's request for me to zip it.
Well unzip all you like, but look through this thread and tell me who are ones guilty of the most 'hate' ... is it the gay-supporters or the Bible-supporters ?

In a debate we present our arguments and thats that. Why do so many gay-supporters need to have Christians on their side otherwise they get abusive?

w

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Or maybe you give them clean needles while they wait to get onto a treatment program. You see the thing is whodey, detoxing is the easy part, it's the psychological part of addiction that is the tougher part to conquer. That is a life long battle.
It's all about deliverance from things we feel compelled to do that are "bad" for us and the rest of society. It's why Christ came.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
I like your style. You want to sin be a man and stand up an sin like there is no tomorrow.

I dislike those sissy-boys who want to have gay sex and dont have the balls [literally and figuratively] to stand up and go do it. They need everybodys permission and want the world to say its ok.

Clearly that is what this thread is all about.
clearly

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

So what is more loving? Is it more loving to ...[text shortened]... ment to carry on or is it more loving go through the horrendous ordeal of going cold turkey?
are you freaking telling us that gays, (the responsible ones, not the doing anything with an anus kind) are leading an unhealthy lifestyle? as unhealthy as the drug abusers you compare them to?

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
don't encourage him on this path, he will think you are saying homosexuality is a curable disease

w

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
are you freaking telling us that gays, (the responsible ones, not the doing anything with an anus kind) are leading an unhealthy lifestyle? as unhealthy as the drug abusers you compare them to?
How I feel about something is meaningless. Either a particular lifestyle is healthy or it is not healthy. The stats tell the tale.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

How I feel about something is meaningless. Either a particular lifestyle is healthy or it is not healthy. The stats tell the tale.
a farmer's life in the middle ages was quite unhealthy. the stats tell the tale. but we figured out one should bathe and clean around the house. now one can be a farmer and live a healthy life.

your little post screams of stupidity. it is not the gay lifestyle that's unhealthy, it's the "boink anything that walks without using protection" lifestyle that's unhealthy. which straight people can engage in too if they're stupid.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
a farmer's life in the middle ages was quite unhealthy. the stats tell the tale. but we figured out one should bathe and clean around the house. now one can be a farmer and live a healthy life.

your little post screams of stupidity. it is not the gay lifestyle that's unhealthy, it's the "boink anything that walks without using protection" lifestyle that's unhealthy. which straight people can engage in too if they're stupid.
no, it has been pointed out using physiological fact that anal penetration is unhealthy.
You cannot dispute this, its incontrovertible, the anus is not 'designed', for
penetration. Will you admit publicly that this is the case or if you will not then what
evidence do you have to the contrary, simply stating that you dont think its unhealthy
is not evidence in itself, nor is citing medical advancements.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no, it has been pointed out using physiological fact that anal penetration is unhealthy.
You cannot dispute this, its incontrovertible, the anus is not 'designed', for
penetration. Will you admit publicly that this is the case or if you will not then what
evidence do you have to the contrary, simply stating that you dont think its unhealthy
is not evidence in itself, nor is citing medical advancements.
Sitting down all day is unhealthy, but that's beside the point.

Is it your interpretation that God only condemns the practice of anal sex as a sin or is it homosexuality in general. Raj states he thinks that only the 'act' is a sin. What's the JW view?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

I have no problem with Bible-God being a dick so long as we agree that such is it's nature without abusing language. By any reasonable definition of the word, "loving" is not an attribute that is consistent with your notion of "God".

Indeed what precisely is meant by Bible-God is loving??? 😕
Is it really loving for a father to let his child run wild and do anything he
wants to do? I am glad I did not have that kind of father. I was punished
for my bad behavior and learned responsiblity for my actions from it. You
on the other hand may be too stupid to learn any responsiblity or teach
anyone else any responsibility for there actions. A reprobate mind at best.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
wants to do? I am glad I did not have that kind of father. I was punished
for my bad behavior and learned responsiblity for my actions from it. You
on the other hand may be too stupid to learn any responsiblity or teach
anyone else any responsibility for there actions. A reprobate mind at best.
wants to do?

Your analogy falls flat on its arse because you wouldn't kill him if he didn't do as you said would you?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.