The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
You think after what Jesus did to save us from sin, sin is now acceptable in His Kingdom?
You are a complete failure.
You make these dumb unbiblical statements
When challenged you carry on with more nonsense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
You are a complete failure.
You make these dumb unbiblical statements
When challenged you carry on with more nonsense.
Answer the question!?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
Answer the question!?
The question is

WHERE DID JESUS SAY THAT PERFECTION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
The question is

WHERE DID JESUS SAY THAT PERFECTION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD?
I'll repeat myself, I never said Jesus said that!

Now, again, care to answer my question?

You think God is okay with sin in His Kingdom?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
I'll repeat myself, I never said Jesus said that!

Now, again, care to answer my question?

You think God is okay with sin in His Kingdom?
I am answering nothing. You made the statement.

.. its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God.

Show me this in the bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I am answering nothing. You made the statement.

.. its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God.

Show me this in the bible.
Romans 3:23-25 English Standard Version (ESV)
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

God's righteousness is given to us, He is perfect, we are not.
We are justified in Him, that is perfection, you think you can do better than God justifying anyone? I've seen how you talk about those you don't agree with, with that mouth of yours on your own, you going to stand before God after the things you have said about those that love Him, that He died for, that belong to Him, and think your righteousness will carry the day? You got that many good works under you belt? You cannot even see the Kingdom of God without God's Spirit and you think you'll enter without Him?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Romans 3:23-25 English Standard Version (ESV)
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. ...[text shortened]... You cannot even see the Kingdom of God without God's Spirit and you think you'll enter without Him?
BS. Your doctrine is false. You propagate lies. That is far worse than how I speak. Clean up yourself first.

So still nothing on God requiring perfection
That is a false statement and you will stand before Christ to answer for your lies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
BS. Your doctrine is false. You propagate lies. That is far worse than how I speak. Clean up yourself first.

That is a false statement and you will stand before Christ to answer for your lies.
If you think you can come before God without Him cleaning you up, without His righteousness, you've no idea what Holy and Good means when it comes to God.

ENGLAND

Moves
30 May 19

It seems KellyJay is reluctant to discuss it, but can anyone explain how a God of LOVE who, as stated in the OP by KellyJay, “commands us to love him” ... is congruent with that same God burning alive for eternity those who do not love him?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said

You think there is a "far worse" with God, that God grades on a sliding scale? Do you believe God is going to look at people and say, "This group is bad, but this other group is not as bad, so they are okay! Come into my Kingdom?" You ever wonder why when Jesus told the parable about the two men in the temple why the one walked away justified, and the other not? One asked for God's mercy the other was satisfied in his own righteousness, to the point of even comparing himself to others thanking God he was not like them.

Luke 18 ESV
9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
2 edits

@divegeester said
It seems KellyJay is reluctant to discuss it, but can anyone explain how a God of LOVE who, as stated in the OP by KellyJay, “commands us to love him” ... is congruent with that same God burning alive for eternity those who do not love him?
God is love, we were created to be in the image of God, the love of the Father for the Son and Holy Spirit, Son's love for the Father and Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit's love for the Father and Son is eternal, God is love. They are in complete loving harmony with each other so that Jesus could say if you see me you see the Father. We were created to be in that image, one of love with God and each other, Jesus prayed that we love each other as God loves.

The failure of this is a denial of the very purpose we were to be created for, which is loving God and each other. If you are not there, where are you, if you are not loving, what are you doing? In the eternal Kingdom this is how we are to be, will any enter into God's Kingdom be anything less, no they will be cast out there will be no respect of persons at that time.

Here we are taught by Christ to lay down our lives for God and each other, saying your will be done to God the Father. On judgement day, for those that rejected God, God is going to give them their will, it will be done, they will have nothing to do with God for eternity, instead they will be cast into the place designed for the devil and his angels.

Choices matter, there are consequences for each! You think I'm reluctant to warn people about the eternal danger they are in that you deny is real? I'm not the one changing text or ignoring it to make it fit my personal notions of what God must do, what God must be like. I will not attempt to alter it to suit me!

Deuteronomy 6:4
4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
If you think you can come before God without Him cleaning you up, without His righteousness, you've no idea what Holy and Good means when it comes to God.
Neither you. You believe it means mouth worship.

ENGLAND

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
God is love, we were created to be in the image of God, the love of the Father for the Son and Holy Spirit, Son's love for the Father and Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit's love for the Father and Son is eternal, God is love. They are in complete loving harmony with each other so that Jesus could say if you see me you see the Father. We were created to be in that image, one of l ...[text shortened]... our soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
How does this lengthy monologue of you reasserting your interpretation of the bible and the consequences of rejecting a God who “is love”, in any way whatsoever address the incongruent amoral vengeance you interpretation of the text lays out?

Just telling me that it says so in the bible is not a response to my question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
Neither you. You believe it means mouth worship.
Hardly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
How does this lengthy monologue of you reasserting your interpretation of the bible and the consequences of rejecting a God who “is love”, in any way whatsoever address the incongruent amoral vengeance you interpretation of the text lays out?

Just telling me that it says so in the bible is not a response to my question.
The text from scripture is thoroughly and unequivalently clear God's judgment will be totally just, not amoral, He owns vengeance not us! He promises to repay all evil done. That is strictly God's job to do we are not to repay, instead we are to forgive so we can be forgiven. Those who seek revenge do so with the same warning we were given about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we cannot handle it, it spoils our souls keeping us from being forgiven, we are not even to be happy when we see an enemy fall.

God's justice, His vengeance because it isn't dealt out immediately only shows us His long suffering, giving us room for repentance as He puts up with the evil we are doing. When the time comes there will be either grace, or justice dealt out by the One who won our grace for us! At that point Jesus will either be allowing us to enter into His Kingdom, or not. He will be the one we stand before, and each judgment He gives will be right, He will be justified in the grace He gives to those He shows grace too, and justified to the ones He does not.

Romans 12:
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Hebrews 10:
For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Matthew 25
Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Proverbs 24:
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, lest the Lord see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him.

Matthew 6:
but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.