What the Bible realy teaches

What the Bible realy teaches

Spirituality

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what other translators are you referring to FMF? You have not said.
The ones you mentioned in your post.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The ones you mentioned in your post.
I did not mention anyone specifically, i simply stated 'other translators', what other translators FMF? Do you have anyone specific in mind?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

then if you knew from the statement then why are you asking me what they thought? does the statement not make it clear that most translators disagree?
Judging from what you yourself said in your post, most translators would disagree with the translator you cited. So question stands - and you don't need "telepathy" to answer it - why should anyone accept the view of this one translator you have chosen to cite over the view of "most translators"?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, judging from what you yourself said in your post, most translators would disagree with the translator you cited. So question stands - and you don't need "telepathy" to answer it - why should anyone accept the view of this one translator you have chosen to cite over the view of "most translators"?
On the basis of evidence FMF, surely that is what is presented in cases of controversy so that a consensus may be reached?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

I did not mention anyone specifically, i simply stated 'other translators', what other translators FMF? Do you have anyone specific in mind?
The ones who disagree with "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" who claims that their work is "false" in this matter. The ones who are not "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt". You're the one who introduced "most translators" into the discussion.

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

On the basis of evidence FMF, surely that is what is presented in cases of controversy so that a consensus may be reached?
What is the consensus among most translators according to "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" judging by what he says in your quote?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
The ones who disagree with "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" who claims that their work is "false" in this matter. The ones who are not "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt". You're the one who introduced "most translators" into the discussion.
yes but unless you can tell us who they are how shall we make a comparison?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What is the consensus among most translators according to "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" judging by what he says in your quote?
I have no idea, perhaps you can tell me based on some kind of evidence?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

yes but unless you can tell us who they are how shall we make a comparison?
"Most translators" are the ones that "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" thinks are wrong, as in when he says “The punctuation presently used by most translators in this verse is undoubtedly false [...]".

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

I have no idea, perhaps you can tell me based on some kind of evidence?
Doesn't the work produced by "most translators" constitute "evidence"?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
"Most translators" are the ones that "German Bible translator L. Reinhardt" thinks are wrong, as in when he says “The punctuation presently used by most translators in this verse is undoubtedly false".
your propensity for stating the obvious is amazing.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Doesn't the work produced by "most translators" constitute "evidence"?
We dont know until you produce this evidence, do we?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

your propensity for stating the obvious is amazing.
If what I have been saying is so "obvious", why are you being so defensive?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

We dont know until you produce this evidence, do we?
The evidence is the text as it has been translated by "most translators".

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If what I have been saying is so "obvious", why are you being so defensive?
I am not being defensive, i simply find your method of enquiry tedious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.