You invented that one, did you now?

C

Argentina

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
You invented that one, did you now?
no, I don't know I "now" 🙂
I think that I've copied that "expression" from you old man.
But I don't want to spoil the thread nor waste my time fightning against you.
So, I'm done with you.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
no, I don't know I "now" 🙂
I think that I've copied that "expression" from you old man.
But I don't want to spoil the thread nor waste my time fightning against you.
So, I'm done with you.

I however, have just "now" started with you.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
01 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
How about nonsubs who care a lot about this issue buy memberships and then vote on it?
How about you STFU! You ol' Buzzard. It's not worth it to be abused.

Besides this Vote might very well cause me to have to change my profile image which I worked very hard to establish and of which I am very prowd of.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Well said! 🙂
CTTSoA

Jew.

Moves
01 Sep 06

s

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by David Tebb
I think that a 28 or 30 day vacation allowance is very fair. The only problems that I can see with it is that it would slow down tournaments and could be annoying for non-subscribers who are limited to 6 games.

On the other hand, non-subscribers are just as likely as anyone else to go on holiday for a couple of weeks every year.

And tournaments t ...[text shortened]... e should at least try it out for a year and monitor how it affects tournaments and individuals.
I voted yes too, it means that I can start playing in tournaments on this site agian and leave gameknot where I play tournaments, but only subscribed there because they already have this facility, but overall I much prefer this site.

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by snowinscotland
Originally posted by IM14u2NV
Remeber why you are here people. TO SKULL PEOPLE!

change your vote before it is to late.

Go vote NO!

I was concerned my post was going to get lost thank you for keeping it alive.
I did laugh at your misquote, But I will still correct it.
Originally posted by IM14u2NV
Remeber why you are here people. TO PLAY CHESS!

change your vote before it is to late.

Go vote NO!

I was concerned my post was going to get lost thank you for keeping it alive.

S
Not material

The Universe

Moves
01 Sep 06
1 edit

My 2 cents on this is why even have a vacation flag? Can't people just choose to play games they are comfortable with. If you have a 2 week vacation soon, can't you just choose to play a game with a 14 day timeback or whatever?

Why should people who want to play 1 / NA games be penalized by people who for some reason want to enter these games right before they are going on a 2 week vacation?

I'm just not getting it...

Edit: maybe have the vacation system except for 1 day / NA games is the answer...

s

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by Spacetime
My 2 cents on this is why even have a vacation flag? Can't people just choose to play games they are comfortable with. If you have a 2 week vacation soon, can't you just choose to play a game with a 14 day timeback or whatever?

Why should people who want to play 1 / NA games be penalized by people who for some reason want to enter these games right be ...[text shortened]... ng it...

Edit: maybe have the vacation system except for 1 day / NA games is the answer...
Because some tournaments take ages, for example I have played in some that took over 18 months, I'm sure there are some that have lasted over 2 years

DS

Moves
01 Sep 06
1 edit

If you were playing postal correspondence chess and went on vacation [and ran out of time], I think that it would be your own problem - as computer chess is easier to not 'forget' to move [or even to move whilst on vacation] anyone who runs out of time is surely responsible themselves for any loss incurred.
Sickness is the same - if you became ill in a OTB game and were taken to hospital, should you be allowed a draw - maybe they do that in some competitions; but is it right?
I think not.

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
If you were playing postal correspondence chess and went on vacation [and ran out of time], I think that it would be your own problem - as computer chess is easier to not 'forget' to move [or even to move whilst on vacation] anyone who runs out of time is surely responsible themselves for any loss incurred.
Sickness is the same - if you became ill in ...[text shortened]... ou be allowed a draw - maybe they do that in some competitions; but is it right?
I think not.
Yes 1186
No 532

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/vote.php?voteid=13

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by stevetodd
Because some tournaments take ages, for example I have played in some that took over 18 months, I'm sure there are some that have lasted over 2 years
This is the whole point, sometimes it is so long between tournament rounds that I have forgot I was even still in it. There is always one game that drags on for a year or so. Of course this is not an issue to non-subscibers as they do not play in tournamanets so I can understand why they do not see it as a problem.

It is intersting that subscribers, who can vote, are 2:1 in favour of vacation allowances, if if was a free vote for all the result may be the other way around. I guess it comes down to is whether keeping the paying customers happy is more important than those who do not contribute.

I have played on other sites where a 30 day allowance for vaction and automatic timouts have worked perfectly.

Andrew

DS

Moves
01 Sep 06

Originally posted by latex bishop
I guess it comes down to is whether keeping the paying customers happy is more important than those who do not contribute.
Contribute?
I think there are plenty of non-paying players here who contribute. Have you never played against a non subscriber - were they not contributing their time and effort?

This vacation immunity thing could only make sense in tournaments.
It should never be available for games between non-subscribers, in my opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.