RHP Prose Competition

RHP Prose Competition

General

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jun 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Did I say that he wasn't? Very defensive for no reason I would say!!!

You didn't get so worked up when CS told me about not posting in this thread!! 😉

-VR
I'm not worked up now either, but VR, non-subscribers are none of our business. Why even mention it?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I'm not worked now either, but VR, non-subscribers are none of our business. Why even mention it?
Read the edit above your post!!! Maybe you'll understand what happened.

-VR

Moves
07 Jun 19

@very-rusty said
LOL@ CS....I been around long enough and have paid subscriptions now going on 13 years, so I can go into any forum I want.

Guess what? So can you!!! 😛 😉 In fact even the non-subs can go into any thread they want!!! 😉

-VR
That attitude of entitlement explains so much.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 19
2 edits

Moves
07 Jun 19

From the Forum Guidelines: "Please stay on topic."

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 Jun 19

@caesar-salad said
correcting forum antics,
like catching flies with chopsticks,
in an endeavour best left to the foolish,
lest one entertain the rusted prick...

Moves
08 Jun 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
In a previous job I had a colleague who was in the same position as me (in regards to our role and pay grade) though whereas I had been with the company for less than 2 years, she had been there for well over 10. When I first joined I, of course, gave her the respect she deserved and she helped me a lot to settle into the job. She did however always maintain a persona of superiority, purely based on the fact that she had been there longer than anybody else. This never really bothered me too much as for the most part we continued to get on well together. (When the manager was off sick, for example, she would always think it her role to step up, attend managers meetings and the like. - Even though, in reality, there were 5 of us equal to her in our job role).

Long story short, when the manager suddenly quit her job I remember that colleague being visibly shocked when she discovered that myself and 2 others had put ourselves forward, in competition with her, to take the manager's position. Indeed, I recall her saying that she should be the next manager as she had 'been there the longest.' (As if 'time in a job' was the only meaningful factor). Suffice to say, she was not successful at interview. (Nor me for that matter, but we won't go there).

'Length of service' or 'how long we have been' around is an overrated concept. At RHP we are all equal, whether we have been here 12 years or 12 weeks. You being a 'long term poster' earns you no special privilege. Like everyone else you should post appropriately and respect the nature of particular threads and not spoil the enjoyment of others.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 19
3 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In a previous job I had a colleague who was in the same position as me (in regards to our role and pay grade) though whereas I had been with the company for less than 2 years, she had been there for well over 10. When I first joined I, of course, gave her the respect she deserved and she helped me a lot to settle into the job. She did however always maintain a persona ...[text shortened]... st appropriately and respect the nature of particular threads and not spoil the enjoyment of others.
Nice Speech!!! 😉

Two people you and her both with superiority complex think they will wind up with manager job neither get it. New guy/gal come in and take the job? 😉

Seems odd to me you would compare a job which has seniority usually in the union contract, to a forum on a chess site. Since you want to do that how do you think she would have liked/treated you if you come in and acted like CS telling her what she should and shouldn't do? 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 19

@caesar-salad said
No one ever does CS!!! Perhaps YOU can change all that!!! 😉 Good Luck Bud!!! 😉

-VR

Moves
08 Jun 19

@very-rusty said
Nice Speech!!! 😉

Two people you and her both with superiority complex think they will wind up with manager job neither get it. New guy/gal come in and take the job? 😉

Seems odd to me you would compare a job which has seniority usually in the union contract, to a forum on a chess site. Since you want to do that how do you think she would have liked/treated you if you come in and acted like CS telling her what she should and shouldn't do? 😉

-VR
Trust you to miss the point.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Trust you to miss the point.
Didn't miss a thing and not about to be lectured by someone who has only been here for 3 years plus!!!! 😛 😉 Hell, come to think of it I don't even listen to Suzie Q who has been longer, but probably has way more issues than I'll ever have!!! 😉

-VR

Moves
08 Jun 19

@very-rusty said
Didn't miss a thing and not about to be lectured by someone who has only been here for 3 years plus!!!! 😛 😉 Hell, come to think of it I don't even listen to Suzie Q who has been longer, but probably has way more issues than I'll ever have!!! 😉

-VR
There you go again, thinking long term subscribers have some kind of special status.

They don't.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There you go again, thinking long term subscribers have some kind of special status.

They don't.
There you go again, thinking you can come in here and tell long time posters what they should and shouldn't do!!! 🙂

You Can't!!!! 😛

-VR

Moves
08 Jun 19

@very-rusty said
There you go again, thinking you can come in here and tell long time posters what they should and shouldn't do!!! 🙂

You Can't!!!! 😛

-VR
As a long term poster, you should know better.

Why don't you?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As a long term poster, you should know better.

Why don't you?
Why do you want to continue along the same path going in circles do you think that will help your cause of what ever you might be trying to accomplish here?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.