If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 18

@FMF

What is the "living Jesus"'s take on "healing" bipolar people, manic depressives, and other sufferers of bad mental health?

Don't forget covert narcissists.

F

Moves
28 Oct 18

@sonship said
@FMF

What is the "living Jesus"'s take on "healing" bipolar people, manic depressives, and other sufferers of bad mental health?

Ninety percent of suicides and attempted suicides are linked to mental health problems. Page 22 of a thread about suicide and you sre still straining to not let this stark reality affect your recitation of dogma and copy pastes of scripture.

F

Moves
28 Oct 18

@sonship said
Huh? Narcissists committing suicide? What are you on about?

T

Moves
28 Oct 18

@sonship said
@FMF

"Covert narcissists"? Is that the same as "Christians"?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
28 Oct 18

@fmf said
Ninety percent of suicides and attempted suicides are linked to mental health problems. Page 22 of a thread about suicide and you sre still straining to not let this stark reality affect your recitation of dogma and copy pastes of scripture.
Astonishing to behold isn’t it.

Moves
28 Oct 18

To be clear, there are incidents of suicide that are 'shortsighted.' Take, for example, the child who is being bullied and as a consequence takes their own life to escape the daily trauma of going to school. - The child is viewing such trauma as though it 'will always be there' and on their own are unable to understand that such trauma is temporary and that there is hope for the future.

However, there are also incidents of suicide that are the 'exact opposite' of shortsightedness and it is to these people (theists included) that the flippant label is crass and deeply naive. Take, for example, the man diagnosed with an untreatable and terminal disease who takes a 'long-sighted' view as to his pending suffering and loss of dignity and who takes the informed and considered decision to end his own life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 18
2 edits

I see a definition of FLIPPANT as follows -

Definition of flippant
1 archaic : GLIB, TALKATIVE
2 : lacking proper respect or seriousness

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
More:

Other Words from flippant
flippantly adverb
Synonyms & Antonyms for flippant
Synonyms

cute, facetious, flip, pert, smart, smart-aleck, smart-alecky, wise

We could also have "disrespectful" as an synonym.

I have been duly scolded that my saying Christ has made suicide obsolete was flippant, especially in regards to some tragic cases of intolerable physical pain or some other unsurmounable misfortune.

I accepted some adjustment on this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 18
1 edit

Now I pose a question to those scolders.

If the unique and true God indeed became a man and miraculously died under the divine justice of God scourged, tortured, bleeding, stripped of all dignity, nailed to a tree, mocked, blasphemed, murdered, hated, opposed, executed by kangaroo courts, in the man Jesus Christ and that on behalf of YOU being justified by His sacrifice ... then have you been FLIPPANT in many of your remarks about God on this Forum for a long time?

What flippancy has your remarks displayed towards One Jesus purporting to be Son of God ?

Towards God Himself hasn't many of your posts here been

"glib, without proper respect, cute, facetious, flip, pert, smart, smart-aleck, smart-alecky, wise " ?

Some of you have reinforced your unbelief with much flippancy, even vying with one another in a seeming race to treat the Person of Christ with the most disrespect.

F

Moves
28 Oct 18

@sonship said

If the unique and true God indeed became a man and miraculously died under the divine justice of God scourged, tortured, bleeding, stripped of all dignity, nailed to a tree, mocked, blasphemed, murdered, hated, opposed, executed by kangaroo courts, in the man Jesus Christ and that on behalf of YOU being justified by His sa ...[text shortened]... ven vying with one another in a seeming race to treat the Person of Christ with the most disrespect.
You're entitled to imagine and believe whatever you want about supernatural beings. It's your resulting ideology that's under scrutiny. Your ideology with regard to suicidal people seems flippant and your ideology with regard to the causes of suicide is just a big dark evasive empty hole. Any disrespect involved here is only that which you have brought down upon yourself.

Moves
28 Oct 18

@sonship said

If the unique and true God indeed became a man and miraculously died under the divine justice of God scourged, tortured, bleeding, stripped of all dignity, nailed to a tree, mocked, blasphemed, murdered, hated, opposed, executed by kangaroo courts, in the man Jesus Christ and that on behalf of YOU being justified by His sa ...[text shortened]... ven vying with one another in a seeming race to treat the Person of Christ with the most disrespect.
"Towards God Himself hasn't many of your posts here been..."

No sir. My posts were only directed at you and your flippant handling of this troubling issue. Don't mind me though. I have bad body odor and alcohol on my breath.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 18
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No sir. My posts were only directed at you and your flippant handling of this troubling issue. Don't mind me though. I have bad body odor and alcohol on my breath.

Still sore about that ?

Man if I had a nickel for every time I was slighted by you, I could put a decent down payment on a new car that I need today.

c

Moves
29 Oct 18

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Still sore about that ?

Man if I had a nickel for every time I was slighted by you, I could put a decent down payment on a new car that I need today.
If he's sore, it could be due to his leprosy.

Lol.

Moves
29 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
If he's sore, it could be due to his leprosy.

Lol.
It does tend to aggravate my insomnia.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
29 Oct 18
1 edit

@sonship said
I see a definition of FLIPPANT as follows -

Definition of flippant
1 archaic : GLIB, TALKATIVE
2 : lacking proper respect or seriousness

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
More:

[quote]
Other Words from flippant
flippantly adverb
Synonyms & Antonyms for flippant
Synonyms

[b] cute, facetious, flip, pert, smart, s ...[text shortened]... lerable physical pain or some other unsurmounable misfortune.

I accepted some adjustment on this.
Your posts on this subject are a disgrace to the faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 18
2 edits

@divegeester

Your posts on this subject are a disgrace to the faith.

Is this verse also a disgrace to the faith?

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but it is Christ Who lives in me ..." (See Gal. 2:20)

Was Paul's word there "a disgrace to the faith" ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.