Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
Grow up ya big baby! If you don't believe it, then why be afraid of it? If you fear it, that means you believe it. So if you say you don't believe it, but you fear it, then you are a liar. If you don't believe it, then you won't worry about it and feel the need to constantly talk about it... unless, there is some other reason you want to talk about it, but are afraid to reveal what that reason is.... ?

You're missing the point. I am not "afraid" of the notion of eternal torture that some Christian propagate. I am however interested in how Christians seem unable to tackle each other over this grotesque ideology. You here, for example, are choosing to frame this as being an issue of whether I am "afraid" of the notion or not. You are doing this instead of tackling the question I asked. The way some Christians behave when this issue comes up is fascinating. Do you think RJHinds is right or not? Yes or no?

F

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

Oh, I see. Thanks for making it a point to [b]not answer my question, and for telling me something everyone already knows...[/b]
Your question was: "Why would anyone who does not believe in hell care if someone thinks they are going there or not?"

My answer was I "care" because this is a discussion and debate forum for topics related to spirituality and stuff like religion. People - like me - are here to debate and discuss things. How can you think this is not an answer to your question?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]Let's do an experiment where you try to scare me, and then watch what happens. For example, tell me you think aliens from the planet Zarcon will take me from my bed tonight, whisk me away to their planet located somewhere within the Popcorn Nebula, and torture me until I puke up my guts, and then sit back and watch just how upset I'll become with you... pffft ...[text shortened]... ves" to burn in Hell for eternity for not believing that people are burned in Hell for eternity?
Given your propensity for misquoting people, I believe it would be wrong for me to comment on what you claim RJ has said.

hello, is anyone home?

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Given your propensity for misquoting people, I believe it would be wrong for me to comment on what you claim RJ has said.
Why are you participating in this discussion if you don't know what is being discussed?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
So according to your theology/ideology, a follower of Christ like divegeester could be tortured for eternity for not believing that people can be tortured for eternity? Is that your Christian belief?
That's not what you asked. I already answered your question, you asked:

The question was: do you believe that divegeester "deserves" to burn in Hell for eternity for NOT believing that God burns people in Hell for eternity?

I said I don't know if dive will burn in hell or not. I don't know if you will burn in hell or not either... I can't say yes you will, or no you won't. So the only answer I can give you is "I don't know".

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you participating in this discussion if you don't know what is being discussed?
Am I making you feel uncomfortable?

Moves
24 Apr 15

If i stated that a person deserved to be thrown into a meat grinder, my comments would be taken as grotesque. (Because clearly 'i' believe that meat grinders exist).

Why is it then any less grotesque for a person believing in hell to say someone deserved to be thrown into it; and why the Dickens arn't other Christians rushing forward to say likewise?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Your question was: "Why would anyone who does not believe in hell care if someone thinks they are going there or not?"

My answer was I "care" because this is a discussion and debate forum for topics related to spirituality and stuff like religion. People - like me - are here to debate and discuss things. How can you think this is not an answer to your question?
Okay then, so my answer to your question about hell is that this is a discussion and debate forum for topics related to spirituality and stuff like religion. Does that answer your question? If not, then how can you think this is not an answer to your question?

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Am I making you feel uncomfortable?
Not at all. In fact the way you are behaving is very revealing.

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

I said I don't know if dive will burn in hell or not. I don't know if you will burn in hell or not either... I can't say yes you will, or no you won't. So the only answer I can give you is "I don't know".
RJHinds thinks divegeester "deserves" to be tortured for eternity in Hell. Do you agree? Do you think RJHinds ~ as a Christian ~ is right to say it? You are not being asked if you know what will happen or not. Answering a different question to the one you're pretending to answer is just evasion, pure and simple.

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Why is it then any less grotesque for a person believing in hell to say someone deserved to be thrown into it; and why the Dickens arn't other Christians rushing forward to say likewise?
Bingo. Everyone knows full well ~ including RJHinds himself ~ that he revels in playing the poisonous oaf. It's the reaction of other Christians to RJHinds' ideology that's interesting.

F

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

Okay then, so my answer to your question about hell is that this is a discussion and debate forum for topics related to spirituality and stuff like religion. Does that answer your question? If not, then how can you think this is not an answer to your question?
You are not being asked whether you "know" what will happen to you or to me or to RJHinds or divegeeester. You are being asked whether you believe that divegeester "deserves" to burn in Hell for eternity for NOT believing that God burns people in Hell for eternity.

You are also being asked whether divegeester "deserves" to burn in Hell for eternity for his "sinful nature"? You are not being asked whether or not you "know" what's going to happen to him. As his fellow Christian, you are being asked whether you agree with RJHinds in these matters.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
You are not being asked whether you "know" what will happen to you or to me or to RJHinds or divegeeester. You are being asked whether you believe that divegeester "deserves" to burn in Hell for eternity for NOT believing that God burns people in Hell for eternity.

You are also being asked whether divegeester "deserves" to burn in Hell for eternity for his " ...[text shortened]... m. As his fellow Christian, you are being asked whether you agree with RJHinds in these matters.
The badgering continues .......... 😏

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
The badgering continues .......... 😏
You're entitled to see it that way. I on the other hand think the evasion is very interesting. Why do so many of the Christians get so flustered over this question?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
You're entitled to see it that way. I on the other hand think the evasion is very interesting. Why do so many of the Christians get so flustered over this question?
It is also very interesting and perplexing as to why you would even care. πŸ™„

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.