Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
How is me disagreeing with you "proof" of my lack of repentance?
It just is because it's a brute fact. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
It just is because it's a brute fact. 😏
It's not a fact, brute.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge in reply to RJHinds
Well it demonstrates your [lack of] morality and compassion and empathy quite nicely for one thing.

Also on display are a collective total inability to;
think logically or rationally,
read and comprehend the questions being asked,
be honest about your beliefs.

I care that you think others or myself deserve to go to hell, not ...[text shortened]...

That is why I care... I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect others have similar feelings.
"Strong's Concordance
metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent."
http://biblehub.com/greek/3340.htm

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

I'm following you; your question was about the planet Zarcon, right?
You and FMF seem to share the same propensity for missing the point. Why are you so concerned over Bible teachings you personally don't believe? If you believe hell is atrocious torture and no one deserves to be there, then why become upset when the subject comes up?

You are not the only 'Christian' who has decided for himself what parts of the Bible he will believe or not believe. If the idea of hell is too awful for you to believe, and you are convinced it's not real, then you are free to reject it. But if I don't reject it, then what is that to you? I'm not inclined to ignore a warning simply on the basis that it offends someone. Jesus warned us about hell so I take that warning seriously, and if my taking that warning seriously offends you then so be it... be offended.

The problem you have with the issue of hell has nothing to do with me. You should go to the source, and ask yourself why would Jesus warn his followers about hell as a place to avoid if it wasn't real.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

No, the real questions here are:

Why are Christians under attack? As per the OP. I am proposing an angle on that premise which says that actually in some instances Christians are ON the attack. Here's why...

RJHinds has stated that I (a Christian), deserve to burn in hell for eternity because I don't believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering. I ...[text shortened]... possibly remain silent on this matter, especially as the subject in hand is another Christian!?
Why are Christians under attack? As per the OP. I am proposing an angle on that premise which says that actually in some instances Christians are ON the attack.

Who do you think you're kidding? Do you believe posing this question sets you apart, and is able to protect you from criticism of your own attacks against other Christians?

It's laughable that a self professed Christian (such as yourself) might believe Christians are so inherently stupid that they are not able to see through your attacks on Christianity. At first I thought this was simply a technique you were trying out as a means of attacking Christianity from within. But I've watched you doing this long enough that it's now obvious you've bought into your own story line and believe your own press. It also explains why you and FMF work so well together.

Moves
24 Apr 15

Sorry to digress Lemon lime, but i notice you haven't made a chess move on this site for 324 days. Do you just come for the forums?!?

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Strong's Concordance
metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent."
http://biblehub.com/greek/3340.htm
And? So? I should care why?

Empty quoting, does not a reply make.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Apr 15
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
And? So? I should care why?

Empty quoting, does not a reply make.
"This is a debate forum, If you are uncomfortable backing up the vile and despicable
claptrap you [and certain others] post then you shouldn't post in the first place.

I have no problem with others [or myself] pressing for answers to perfectly
reasonable
questions."

As a "reasonable" man of considerable intellect, I thought you would appreciate this scholarly definition
of the word "repent" which has nothing to do with emotion or sentimental feelings.

"And? So? I should care why?"

That's why.

Footnote: "That is why I care... I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect
others have similar feelings." (googlefudge in reply to RJHinds)

Moves
24 Apr 15

As a "reasonable" man of considerable intellect, I thought you would appreciate this scholarly definition
of the word "repent" which has nothing to do with emotion or sentimental feelings.
Copy-Pasting a definition without context or explanation is not a reply to anything
but a request for the definition.

I didn't request you give me the definition of that word, and don't know why you felt
it would be relevant to the discussion, beyond your perpetual desire never to answer
anyone's perfectly reasonable questions.

I don't know what it is that is going on in your head, just as you clearly have no idea
what is going on in mine.

That is why you EXPLAIN what it is you are talking about and WHY you are posting
what you are posting and don't just make everyone else guess what it is you mean...
If anything.

I have re-read my post, and find nothing in it that indicates I don't know what the word
repent means, or that your definition changes anything I was talking about.
If you still feel it relevant try EXPLAINING what it is you mean, directly and clearly.
Take your time, it will be a novel experience for you.

That is why I care... I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect others have similar feelings.

The words "similar feelings" here could have been equally replaced by "similar views/opinions"
and was simply meant to indicate that while I cannot speak for others, I strongly suspect that
the view/opinion/point-of-view/ect I expressed was not in any way unique to myself.

It did not as you appear to be insinuating, [as with all your points you are to cowardly to say
anything clearly and directly] indicate that what I had written were emotions or sentimental feelings.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Sorry to digress Lemon lime, but i notice you haven't made a chess move on this site for 324 days. Do you just come for the forums?!?
I decided to take a break from chess and let my last game end sometime last June. I hadn't intended to stop playing for this long, but seeing as how I'll be busy for the next few weeks I'm not likely to start up again until later in May.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Apr 15

Copy-Pasting a definition without context or explanation is not a reply to anything
but a request for the definition.

I didn't request you give me the definition of that word, and don't know why you felt
it would be relevant to the discussion, beyond your perpetual desire never to answer
anyone's perfectly reasonable questions.

I don't know w ...[text shortened]... ng clearly and directly] indicate that what I had written were emotions or sentimental feelings.
Thanks for your reply.

Moves
24 Apr 15

Thanks for your reply.
Ohhh, the passive-aggressive "thankyou" ... I totally didn't see that deflection coming...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Apr 15

Ohhh, the passive-aggressive "thankyou" ... I totally didn't see that deflection coming...
Perhaps when you've regained your customary objectivity we'll resume; neither of us is here to waste our time.

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
You and FMF seem to share the same propensity for missing the point. Why are you so concerned over Bible teachings you personally don't believe? If you believe hell is atrocious torture and no one deserves to be there, then why become upset when the subject comes up?
This is a debate and discussion forum. You also spend a fair bit of time here in conversation with people whose ideas and beliefs you disagree with.

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
The problem you have with the issue of hell has nothing to do with me. You should go to the source, and ask yourself why would Jesus warn his followers about hell as a place to avoid if it wasn't real.
Do you believe Hell is a metaphor for people's souls being destroyed and extinguished permanently [and the torment is contemplating this fate before death] or do you believe Hell is a place where the torment [after death] is real and people are actually tortured for eternity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.