Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
30 Mar 06

Turns are in. Some interesting developments in the Med.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
Turns are in. Some interesting developments in the Med.
Looks like Algeria's got some new visitors and the Scottish and Irish have turned against me. Damned Celts.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Mar 06

Maps are done. Several countries are in their death throes, it seems.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Mar 06

Who wants to bet what the first realm to be completely eliminated will be? France puts up 5 gold on England. Anybody else?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
Who wants to bet what the first realm to be completely eliminated will be? France puts up 5 gold on England. Anybody else?
What are you talking about! The angels told me the truth! My men hold Paris! The Gods were upset with England, but no more! The old ways are back!

They buffed you and nerfed me with an untested modification just before our game. I blame it all on the new "balancing" adjustments. I played splendidly but the nerfs just weighed me down.

EDIT - I missed the invasion of Rome! Wow. But you missed the naval drop on central Algeria.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
What are you talking about! The angels told me the truth! My men hold Paris! The Gods were upset with England, but no more! The old ways are back!

They buffed you and nerfed me with an untested modification just before our game. I blame it all on the new "balancing" adjustments. I played splendidly but the nerfs just weighed me down.

EDIT - I missed the invasion of Rome! Wow. But you missed the naval drop on central Algeria.
Amazingly, the Austrian bot retook one of his provinces.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. France 4
3. Russia 2
4. Ottomans 3
5. Sweden 7
6. Naples 5
7. Spain 6
8. Austria 11
9. Algeria 8
10. England 9
11. Bavaria 10

The Austrian Bot made a move up, retaking a province and apparently inflicting some hurt on the Ottomans (either that or I missed a unit somewhere). Bavaria's making a final stand in Munich; he's put all his forces there.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

Damn, you're right, I did miss that. It's always something.

Edit: all fixed.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. France 4
3. Russia 2
4. Ottomans 3
5. Sweden 7
6. Naples 5
7. Spain 6
8. Austria 11
9. Algeria 8
10. England 9
11. Bavaria 10

The Austrian Bot made a move up, retaking a province and apparently inflicting some hurt on the Ottomans (either that or I missed a unit somewhere). Bavaria's making a final stand in Munich; he's put all his forces there.
The Austrian Bot not only retook a province but reinforced his other city from Croatia. So, yes, the Ottoman army took a knock. This is annoying, but at least the Bot is making a fight of it, unlike the French in MD.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
The Austrian Bot not only retook a province but reinforced his other city from Croatia. So, yes, the Ottoman army took a knock. This is annoying, but at least the Bot is making a fight of it, unlike the French in MD.
Unlike any of the bots in MD. They must all be afflicted with the plague, or something.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Unlike any of the bots in MD. They must all be afflicted with the plague, or something.
I don't totally get it either, but it looks like they only move to protect fortresses. Experience will tell.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

The occupation of Rome is only temporary, I assure you.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
The occupation of Rome is only temporary, I assure you.
It's only a 5 gold province. Algeria lost 20. The net gain is significant.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by buffalobill
It's only a 5 gold province. Algeria lost 20. The net gain is significant.
I've also managed to palm off the Pope, the whingy old fart.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by dyl
I've also managed to palm off the Pope, the whingy old fart.
Lucky you, he was starting to get on my nerves and I'm not even a Catholic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.