Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
14 Apr 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
Quite bizarre. I have a muslim conscript sitting in Fez but the province remains under the control of Algeria.
That is very, very strange. I wonder if it will remain like that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 06

Quite bizarre. I have a muslim conscript sitting in Fez but the province remains under the control of Algeria.
Perhaps in NE it requires at least a unit (s) with the combat strength to pillage (i.e. 10) to take a province.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
14 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Perhaps in NE it requires at least a unit (s) with the combat strength to pillage (i.e. 10) to take a province.
Probably. It's a p*ss poor fighting unit, but was only sent in as a screening force. Interesting and one for the memory banks.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 06

Probably. It's a p*ss poor fighting unit, but was only sent in as a screening force. Interesting and one for the memory banks.
From the Rulebook - Turn Events - Province ownership Changes -

the Kingdom with the greatest number of troops/leaders in the province at this time must have a total combat of at least 10 (which means a lone siege machine cannot conquer a province).

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
14 Apr 06

From the Rulebook - Turn Events - Province ownership Changes -

the Kingdom with the greatest number of troops/leaders in the province at this time must have a total combat of at least 10 (which means a lone siege machine cannot conquer a province).
I knew about the siege machine which I guess was just used as an example.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 06

I knew about the siege machine which I guess was just used as an example.
The rulebooks make cross-game references; there's examples with Orion starships and Warg peasants, too. These little details sometimes slip your mind; in MD, I just forget the rule about amphibious invasions having only the chance to succeed of the invading CS of the ground units invading even an unoccupied province; my 1 Crossbowman is still sitting on a ship.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
14 Apr 06

The rulebooks make cross-game references; there's examples with Orion starships and Warg peasants, too. These little details sometimes slip your mind; in MD, I just forget the rule about amphibious invasions having only the chance to succeed of the invading CS of the ground units invading even an unoccupied province; my 1 Crossbowman is still sitting on a ship.
You need 100 CP to ensure 100% chance of a successful amphibious landing. Less than that and it's a bit of a lottery.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 06

You need 100 CP to ensure 100% chance of a successful amphibious landing. Less than that and it's a bit of a lottery.
I seem to always lose those. In MD when I took Crete without a battle, the Harbor was destroyed (25% chance) but such did not happen in Venice even though I left some militia.:'(

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
14 Apr 06

I seem to always lose those. In MD when I took Crete without a battle, the Harbor was destroyed (25% chance) but such did not happen in Venice even though I left some militia.:'(
Wrong thread in general, but ... in MD, the English and Scottish harbors were both destroyed as was the Hungarian one. Even when there's very little fighting, but not in a major battle as in Jutland. I'm not going to look up the names of those provinces but, as I say, it's a bit of a lottery.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
16 Apr 06

Wrong thread in general, but ... in MD, the English and Scottish harbors were both destroyed as was the Hungarian one. Even when there's very little fighting, but not in a major battle as in Jutland. I'm not going to look up the names of those provinces but, as I say, it's a bit of a lottery.
The Dalmatian harbor was intentionally destroyed before I ever took Dalmatia.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
18 Apr 06

Bump

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 06

Bump
Should be an interesting turn; can England bob and weave and survive another season? Will Mayharm submit a turnfile or has the desperate state of Algeria (apparently abandoned by their Spanish ally) caused him to pack it in? Will the AustrianBot stand firm or roll his mighty cavalry force out of Austria itself? Stay tuned.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
19 Apr 06

Should be an interesting turn; can England bob and weave and survive another season? Will Mayharm submit a turnfile or has the desperate state of Algeria (apparently abandoned by their Spanish ally) caused him to pack it in? Will the AustrianBot stand firm or roll his mighty cavalry force out of Austria itself? Stay tuned.
The poor Emir finds himself friendless in a cold world.

Ah, look at all the lonely people!

Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?

All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?

Father McKenzie writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear
No one comes near.
Look at him working. Darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there
What does he care ?

All the lonely people
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?

Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name
Nobody came
Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave
No one was saved.

All the lonely people
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by dyl
The poor Emir finds himself friendless in a cold world.

Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?

All the lonely people
Where do they all come ...[text shortened]... ly people
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ?
That's long been one of my favorite songs. That and "People Are Strange". I was a depressed teenager.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
That's long been one of my favorite songs. That and "People Are Strange". I was a depressed teenager.
It's a good song, but not likely to lift one's spirits. How about Yellow Submarine?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.