Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Far be it for me to criticize your "strategy", but if you felt your fleet was a liability you could have at least sent your warships into battle and inflicted some losses on your enemies.
Lol. My "strategy" requires the production of land units. Some coins in the pocket are better than putting a dent in your enemy's "fleet" resulting in a slaughtered on both sea and land.

It might seem like a valiant act to you, but losing 64gold+ fleet (the one in Cumbria) at the odds of inflicting an 1/8th of that on you is pure idiocy. I'd take the extra cash any day.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Lol. My "strategy" requires the production of land units. Some coins in the pocket are better than putting a dent in your enemy's "fleet" resulting in a slaughtered on both sea and land.

It might seem like a valiant act to you, but losing 64gold+ fleet (the one in Cumbria) at the odds of inflicting an 1/8th of that on you is pure idiocy. I'd take the extra cash any day.
Not to mention the fact that ships are often captured and put to work by the winning side.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
04 Jun 06

There is no solution for your supposed "catch-22"; any single member of the Alliance who changed sides would have the same problem. Your side has the same problem, but as you are losing you don't seem to be too concerned about it.

I predict that your prediction is wrong as no member of the Alliance can logically benefit from turning on any of the others.
Are you purposely playing dumb on this one? Hypothetically: Russia and Sweden will have enough gold territory to declare victory within the next 2 turns. They've also indicated that they intend to do so. Will you sit idly –-frolicking on a Spanish beach-- while a victory passes you by? I don't think so. If you intend to win, you'll make sure they don't achieve the necessary province-gold by the only way possible – taking it for yourself.

I predict that your prediction is wrong as no member of the Alliance can logically benefit from turning on any of the others.

The benefit is that by turning on the rest they don't immediately stand to lose.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Not to mention the fact that ships are often captured and put to work by the winning side.
Indeed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jun 06

Are you purposely playing dumb on this one? Hypothetically: Russia and Sweden will have enough gold territory to declare victory within the next 2 turns. They've also indicated that they intend to do so. Will you sit idly –-frolicking on a Spanish beach-- while a victory passes you by? I don't think so. If you intend to win, you'll make sure they don't achi ...[text shortened]... rs.

The benefit is that by turning on the rest they don't immediately stand to lose.[/b]
How exactly did I get this "victory"? By myself? You're not making any sense.

n

Moves
05 Jun 06

Are you purposely playing dumb on this one? Hypothetically: Russia and Sweden will have enough gold territory to declare victory within the next 2 turns. They've also indicated that they intend to do so. Will you sit idly –-frolicking on a Spanish beach-- while a victory passes you by? I don't think so. If you intend to win, you'll make sure they don't achi ...[text shortened]... rs.

The benefit is that by turning on the rest they don't immediately stand to lose.[/b]
l have never "indicated" a single thing. This is the first time l have posetd/ PM'd or breathed about declaring victory. Do you read minds as well? If you do, better choose something you are better at.
All l am thinking about is getting myself a good hamman in downtown Byzantium.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
05 Jun 06

How exactly did I get this "victory"? By myself? You're not making any sense.
Forget it. Time will tell. 😞

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by nook7
l have never "indicated" a single thing. This is the first time l have posetd/ PM'd or breathed about declaring victory. Do you read minds as well? If you do, better choose something you are better at.
All l am thinking about is getting myself a good hamman in downtown Byzantium.
Uhm... 😳 This was a hypothetical situation -- you didn't do anything -- and no, I can't read minds. :'(🙁

n

Moves
06 Jun 06

Uhm... 😳 This was a [b]hypothetical situation -- you didn't do anything -- and no, I can't read minds. :'(🙁[/b]
My apologies Hal, l was having a bad day :-)

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
06 Jun 06
1 edit

Are you purposely playing dumb on this one? Hypothetically: Russia and Sweden will have enough gold territory to declare victory within the next 2 turns. They've also indicated that they intend to do so. Will you sit idly –-frolicking on a Spanish beach-- while a victory passes you by? I don't think so. If you intend to win, you'll make sure they don't achi rs.

The benefit is that by turning on the rest they don't immediately stand to lose.
I'm beginning to suspect he isn't playing. Crikey!

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
06 Jun 06

Originally posted by nook7
My apologies Hal, l was having a bad day :-)
No worries, mate. 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jun 06

Spain tried to move an army into Thuringia; didn't quite work out. Alliance troops overran almost all of Iberia. The Ottomans quit. Alliance forces are moving on Italy and the forces in Southern Germany from all directions.

Nice try, King Joachim, but it looks like you're on your own.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Jun 06

Spain tried to move an army into Thuringia; didn't quite work out. Alliance troops overran almost all of Iberia. The Ottomans quit. Alliance forces are moving on Italy and the forces in Southern Germany from all directions.

When are you going to declare victory? I grow bored with this game. Just get it over with.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by rwingett
When are you going to declare victory? I grow bored with this game. Just get it over with.
You could speed things up by loading up a bunch of troops on your inaccurately named "Victory class" flagships and having them blown out of the water so the Alliance could waltz in and take England. As it is now, any two members of the Alliance are still at least 118 Gold province value from the 640 needed to declare victory. I'd say that's doable in 3-5 more turns. So just sit and sulk on your island, Nappy; it'll soon be over.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
08 Jun 06

Blucher is about to pay me a visit, I see. Does he supply his own colostomy bag and bib or shall I have some on hand?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.