Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
You could speed things up by loading up a bunch of troops on your inaccurately named "Victory class" flagships and having them blown out of the water so the Alliance could waltz in and take England. As it is now, any two members of the Alliance are still at least 118 Gold province value from the 640 needed to declare victory. I'd say that's doable in 3-5 more turns. So just sit and sulk on your island, Nappy; it'll soon be over.
Has it been decided who misses out on the win yet (in your current alliance)? A draw isn't all that shabby, I suppose. Considering my current position, I expect I also will receive half a point for a war well fought.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
08 Jun 06

So did letting England die work out for you, King of Naples?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
Has it been decided who misses out on the win yet (in your current alliance)? A draw isn't all that shabby, I suppose. Considering my current position, I expect I also will receive half a point for a war well fought.
The race is on; whoever gets there first gets to declare. Sweden's made big gains in the last two turns, but the Ottoman's demise certainly aids Russia. Hard fighting is still ahead, but unless something drastic and unexpected occurs, I think the game won't last much longer.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
08 Jun 06
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
So did letting England die work out for you, King of Naples?
I've saved all my turns throughout the entire game. If you'd like I can send them to you, and if you can find a point at which I could have done anything to save you I'll apologise. The long and the short of it is you were dead before I had an army.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
08 Jun 06

The race is on; whoever gets there first gets to declare. Sweden's made big gains in the last two turns, but the Ottoman's demise certainly aids Russia. Hard fighting is still ahead, but unless something drastic and unexpected occurs, I think the game won't last much longer.
You're yet to win a battle against the Southern Alliance forces in central Bavaria. Don't count your chickens, my German friend.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
I've saved all my turns throughout the entire game. If you'd like I can send them to you, and if you can find a point at which I could have done anything to save you I'll apologise. The long and the short of it is you were dead before I had an army.
How about hitting Savoy in turn 7?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
08 Jun 06

How about hitting Savoy in turn 7?
With a 278/13 army whilst my naval war with Spain and Algeria was in full swing? I had a piddling income which I needed to spend completely on my navy, and every one of my provinces was vulnerable to an Algerian landing.

You have the huffs because I opted not to commit suicide. I never promised you more than to attack France if it were ever possible. I went so far as to break off my alliance with France so I could immediately grasp any opportunity.

But it was not possible.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
08 Jun 06
2 edits

Originally posted by dyl
With a 278/13 army whilst my naval war with Spain and Algeria was in full swing? I had a piddling income which I needed to spend completely on my navy, and every one of my provinces was vulnerable to an Algerian landing.

You have the huffs because I opted not to commit suicide. I never promised you more than to attack France if it were ever possible. I went s ...[text shortened]... ce with France so I could immediately grasp any opportunity.

But it was not possible.
Yes, with that army. What was going to stop it? Lombardy, by the way, was not open to attack from anyone. Why did you even have troops there?

We both understand that you chose to let me die. I call the opposite decision coordinating with allies; you call it committing suicide. I think you are mistaken. However, clearly, letting me die didn't work out. Maybe you should try attacking your enemies' undefended rear when you happen to have a couple troops in the vicinity and your ally is about to be killed by that enemy next time, as clearly your plans did not work out this time.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jun 06
2 edits

Originally posted by dyl
You're yet to win a battle against the Southern Alliance forces in central Bavaria. Don't count your chickens, my German friend.
WRONG!! Spain sent 6 Curaissers and a Grenadier into Thuringia; they were intercepted by DeKalb and destroyed at the cost of only 3 Brunswick Guards. I already have forces in the north that outnumber your army and a large force is moving north from France as well. Not that I need that much to hold you against the northern anvil; 2 of my boys in Westphalia are thumbing their noses at your mighty army (Hal guessed wrong).

n

Moves
08 Jun 06

With BBill pulling out, things certainly change in the East. Its a pity as it was a good challenge.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Jun 06

Hal pulled all his forces back to Madrid. Bavaria tried the same strategy; massing together than sallying forth for one great battle. They lost it; I doubt you'll do much better though you're mostly King David's problem now.

How's your production these days? I don't figure you're going to be able to replace many of your losses.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
11 Jun 06
1 edit

Yes, with that army. What was going to stop it? Lombardy, by the way, was not open to attack from anyone. Why did you even have troops there?

We both understand that you chose to let me die. I call the opposite decision coordinating with allies; you call it committing suicide. I think you are mistaken. However, clearly, letting me die didn't work about to be killed by that enemy next time, as clearly your plans did not work out this time.
Don't tell me what I understand.

You believe that attacking with a 278/13 army would have saved you, when France had a 216/10 army in a level 4 fort one province in. I'd have snatched a 5 gold province and in the process got myself involved in a war with a third nation. And France wouldn’t have had to spend a cent to defend.

You've brought this up twice here and twice over PMs, and every time when I point out you're being silly you ignore me. Can we just let it be?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
11 Jun 06

WRONG!! Spain sent 6 Curaissers and a Grenadier into Thuringia; they were intercepted by DeKalb and destroyed at the cost of only 3 Brunswick Guards. I already have forces in the north that outnumber your army and a large force is moving north from France as well. Not that I need that much to hold you against the northern anvil; 2 of my boys in Westphalia are thumbing their noses at your mighty army (Hal guessed wrong).
It wasn't a matter of guessing wrongly. Spain and I snatched Thuringia successfully, but whilst my troops nimbly skipped back out, their Spanish brothers became a little preoccupied with the local women.

I wouldn't count it as a battle, considering that the men you were facing weren't even wearing pants.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
11 Jun 06
9 edits

Originally posted by dyl
Don't tell me what I understand.

You believe that attacking with a 278/13 army would have saved you, when France had a 216/10 army in a level 4 fort one province in. I'd have snatched a 5 gold province and in the process got myself involved in a war with a third nation. And France wouldn’t have had to spend a cent to defend.

You've brought this up twice he ...[text shortened]... Ms, and every time when I point out you're being silly you ignore me. Can we just let it be?
I don't agree I'm being silly. I think you're a crappy ally. That's ok. You have that right. I have the right to complain about it since your crappy attitude toward allies led to my losing the game. I'll remind people till the day you lose this game and beyond if I want. That's what happens when you screw allies over. Likewise, I think I'll sing Prussia's praises once in a while, as he's the only one who made any effort whatsoever to help me in this game.

If you attacked France, either France would have diverted resources to deal with it, or he would not. If he did not, you'd have gained free land. If he did, you'd have saved me from certain doom. In effect, you prioritized being on good terms with France over protecting your ally, and then you lied to me about it. That's something people should remember; Naples is too cowardly to support his allies, but he TALKS about how he's your ally a lot.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
11 Jun 06
2 edits

I don't agree I'm being silly. I think you're a crappy ally. That's ok. You have that right. I have the right to complain about it since your crappy attitude toward allies led to my losing the game. I'll remind people till the day you lose this game and beyond if I want. That's what happens when you screw allies over. Likewise, I think I'll sing Pruss is too cowardly to support his allies, but he TALKS about how he's your ally a lot.
Crikey! You're an exasperating fellow.

Let's approach this in a different way. What did I promise you? Absolutely nothing. I only assured you I would do what I could to save you, and I bloody did. I broke my alliance with the French, tarnishing my relations there, and I attempted to sound Spain out for a possible alliance against Napoleon (no go). The only thing I didn't do was attack, and you're being ridiculous in asking this of me. I would have snatched one province and then sat there quietly whilst you died anyway, after which France would have gobbled me up. Lovely.

I'm fairly certain all my other allies in this game would think me a fairly good ally - ironically, France included. I joined both the Eastern and Western war on the side that was bound to lose, out of either loyalty to a ruler (as was the case with the Sultan) or loyalty to a prior agreement (as with the French), and both despite generous offers to join the better side.

This is only a game, of course, and if someone wishes to play with self-preservation in mind then there's nothing wrong with that. But I haven't played like that at all. And now you're calling me a bloody liar? Dear me, you will need to relax a little if you ever wish to enjoy this game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.