General

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by nook7
WTF?

Spain, you are going down with you allies, my battles are currently being fought on captured territory - no enemy has tread on Russias hallowed turf - jeez - l have even had 2 of your provinces - the proverbial town bike in Spain!
Yeah. My comment should be taken in the context of my proclamation this turn. 😉

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
The king of Spain, asking the hard questions.
The irony is that had the Southern Alliance been winning, it'd be in exactly the same boat -- thankfully, at the moment survival is of the essence -- and maybe administering a painful enema to Northerners while going down.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
So which one is it going to be? Sweden or Russia?
Neither. I do not need to turn on either of my allies to win; two of us need only amass 640 Gold provinces. That is obtainable without betraying anyone. France is already broken and soon most of mainland Spain will fall as well. The Spanish-Neapolitian force in Germany will soon be rolled back and then the Alliance can turn its full attention on our only serious threats in Naples and Turkey, as your territory is rapidly being occupied by the Alliance and your forces destroyed with little hope of replacing your losses.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Neither. I do not need to turn on either of my allies to win; two of us need only amass 640 Gold provinces. That is obtainable without betraying anyone. France is already broken and soon most of mainland Spain will fall as well. The Spanish-Neapolitian force in Germany will soon be rolled back and then the Alliance can turn its full attention on our only ...[text shortened]... ng occupied by the Alliance and your forces destroyed with little hope of replacing your losses.
Okay..... so Sweden or Russia will have to be satisfied being the third wheel -- doing a bit of your fighting without the prospect of walking away a winner at the end of the day. Perhaps you fellas should call a conference of the “Big Three” ala WWII and decide who’ll be the grudging loser.

Here's a though: maybe Russia and the Ottomans should call a truce, sign an alliance, bite Prussia in the rear with all those gold-rich provinces ripe for the taking and end up unlikely winners while Naples and what's left of Spain harry the Prussian juggernaut with its Swedish lackey to the point of boredom. 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Okay..... so Sweden or Russia will have to be satisfied being the third wheel -- doing a bit of your fighting without the prospect of walking away a winner at the end of the day. Perhaps you fellas should call a conference of the “Big Three” ala WWII and decide who’ll be the grudging loser.

Here's a though: maybe Russia and the Ottomans should call a t ...[text shortened]... of Spain harry the Prussian juggernaut with its Swedish lackey to the point of boredom. 😛
Why would Russia ally with another major power (putting it in the same situation vis-a-vis victory conditions) when the Ottomans have about 1/2 the Gold value of Prussia and a much smaller army and fleet? Their chances of victory are far higher maintaining their present alliance; between the two of us we need only 132 more Gold province value, while with the Ottomans they would need 288. Your proposal makes about as much sense as scuttling a fleet.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
02 Jun 06

Why would Russia ally with another major power (putting it in the same situation vis-a-vis victory conditions) when the Ottomans have about 1/2 the Gold value of Prussia and a much smaller army and fleet? Their chances of victory are far higher maintaining their present alliance; between the two of us we need only 132 more Gold province value, while wit ...[text shortened]... the Ottomans they would need 288. Your proposal makes about as much sense as scuttling a fleet.
The Ottomans and the Russians could form a winning coalition.

n

Moves
02 Jun 06

Eitherway Naples is going to be mincemeat!

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
02 Jun 06

Eitherway Naples is going to be mincemeat!
I'm going to form a winning coalition with myself.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
The Ottomans and the Russians could form a winning coalition.
Which is a more plausible winning coalition:

A) Ottomans and Russia: OR

B) Prussia and Russia

?????

And why do Naples and Spain suddenly care soooooooooooo much?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
02 Jun 06

Which is a more plausible winning coalition:

A) Ottomans and Russia: OR

B) Prussia and Russia

?????

And why do Naples and Spain suddenly care soooooooooooo much?
Would you consider betraying your nephew? If not, then A).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
Would you consider betraying your nephew? If not, then A).
How??? Russia and the Ottomans need 288 Gold provinces; where do you think they can get them? By conquering ALL of Prussian territory??

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
02 Jun 06
1 edit

How??? Russia and the Ottomans need 288 Gold provinces; where do you think they can get them? By conquering ALL of Prussian territory??
You asked which possibility was more plausible, didn't you? Unless you're willing to stab Sweden in the back, the other option wins by default.

Edit: I presume the answer to the question "Would you consider betraying your nephew?" is no.

n

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
I'm going to form a winning coalition with myself.
As long as your allies agree!

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
02 Jun 06

As long as your allies agree!
Murat doesn't need allies!

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
02 Jun 06

If you survive to the end, it counts as a draw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.