Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

n

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]Spain dont think you building ships in England is missed for a second. Better spend you money somewhere where it can be used.

I didn't expect them to be missed "for a second". Their purpose is purely for the diversion of a significant part of the Northern Navy to the Celtic Sea to contain my fleet. It opens up some more possibilities.[/b]
Fair enough Hal, l still think it is money that could be spent better elsewhere - but who am l to listen to for advice. However as your enemy l should warn you - Prussia and Sweden and l are going to attack you. :-)

Can you let BBill know there is incoming this turn.

Cheers

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by nook7

Cheers
Give me a chance. Sherbert is a delicate process. You must not rush it. Have mercy on the caterers.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
23 May 06

Fair enough Hal, l still think it is money that could be spent better elsewhere - but who am l to listen to for advice. However as your enemy l should warn you - Prussia and Sweden and l are going to attack you. :-)

Cheers
I will certainly take your sage advice to heart.

Down the Krauts!!! 😛

n

Moves
23 May 06

Originally posted by Halitose
I will certainly take your sage advice to heart.

Down the Krauts!!! 😛
LOL -cheers

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
24 May 06

Cheers
Bump.

I'm not beaten yet.

n

Moves
24 May 06

BBill, l would not dare presume victory over you at this stage.

Just remember while you have been spending time preparing sherbet, l have been organising a special gift to bring with me.

This turn should be very interesting!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 06

France is getting verrrrrrrrry small. Spain is looking like a nice vacation spot for Nordics in the near future.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
France is getting verrrrrrrrry small. Spain is looking like a nice vacation spot for Nordics in the near future.
Another victory to the Spanish-Neapolitan war machine in Lower Bavaria! The defences at Swabia smashed! The people of Munich cheer their liberators! Joachim I's holiday to Brazil put on hold!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by dyl
Another victory to the Spanish-Neapolitan war machine in Lower Bavaria! The defences at Swabia smashed! The people of Munich cheer their liberators! Joachim I's holiday to Brazil put on hold!
A gallant holding action inflicts heavy losses while armies are mustered in reserve. Another major French city and 3 provinces fall to the Alliance. The fleets of most of our enemies flee deeper into the Med while the newly built French squadron from Gascony meets its end in the Channel. Spain and Italy are both threatened with invasion and the advantage of the Alliance in production grows. The war is decided, only the timing of your ultimate defeat remains in question.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
25 May 06
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
A gallant holding action inflicts heavy losses while armies are mustered in reserve. Another major French city and 3 provinces fall to the Alliance. The fleets of most of our enemies flee deeper into the Med while the newly built French squadron from Gascony meets its end in the Channel. Spain and Italy are both threatened with invasion and the advantage ...[text shortened]... oduction grows. The war is decided, only the timing of your ultimate defeat remains in question.
I expected a bold admiral like yourself to be hot on our heels, but the fog cleared to reveal an enormous expanse of ocean between our fleets. Why would you pull back when you had such an overwhelming advantage in numbers? [this question is sincere]

There wasn't much gallantry in your 'gallant holding action'. Half your troops disappeared into the basement (which we promptly set fire to), and your high command was found issuing orders from under a table in the servants quarters (we set fire to that too). The Neapolitans lost five grenadiers in the battle, of which four were unfortunate victims of food poisoning.

There's still some good fighting to be had.

n

Moves
25 May 06

Hi Dyl,

It will be about 4 hours before l can check this out. What happened on the Eastern front?

Cheers

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by dyl
I expected a bold admiral like yourself to be hot on our heels, but the fog cleared to reveal an enormous expanse of ocean between our fleets. Why would you pull back when you had such an overwhelming advantage in numbers? [this question is sincere]

There wasn't much gallantry in your 'gallant holding action'. Half your troops disappeared into the basement (w ...[text shortened]... r were unfortunate victims of food poisoning.

There's still some good fighting to be had.
I knew you'd simply retreat and sooner or later you have to come to me. While you dithered, the French fleet was destroyed. The mighty Alliance fleet dominates the main area of decision while your fleets do nothing. The defeats your motley collection has suffered so far are nothing compared to what is coming on land and sea.

n

Moves
25 May 06

No1 can you elaborate on the Eastern front results?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
25 May 06

Hi Dyl,

It will be about 4 hours before l can check this out. What happened on the Eastern front?

Cheers
It's a bit of a mess. You grabbed Serbia whilst I took Bosnia. You're still holding Angola.

n

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by dyl
It's a bit of a mess. You grabbed Serbia whilst I took Bosnia. You're still holding Angola.
Thanks Dyl,

Will have a good look tonight before m start the trash talk!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.