General

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
15 Jun 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Different incompetent. From the battle report in the Alboran Sea:

Neapolitan Commander #3 (Hit Points: 0.5) is killed, 0.0 more Damage remains
My battle report contains the same thing, but I assure you he has reappeared in Bavaria. I've renamed him Houdini.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
15 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
My battle report contains the same thing, but I assure you he has reappeared in Bavaria. I've renamed him Houdini.
In the MD Veterans game, I just killed two Byzantine Commanders in the Ionian Sea and am not seeing them anywhere else. Maybe the battle has to take place adjacent to a friendly province for the Commander to survive.

Dyl, did Houdini gain any tactical skill due to that battle?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
15 Jun 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
In the MD Veterans game, I just killed two Byzantine Commanders in the Ionian Sea and am not seeing them anywhere else. Maybe the battle has to take place adjacent to a friendly province for the Commander to survive.

Dyl, did Houdini gain any tactical skill due to that battle?
He gained no skill points, but he did win a few bets.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 06

Is the game over? I tried to download my turnfile and was unable to do so.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Jun 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Is the game over? I tried to download my turnfile and was unable to do so.
I just downloaded it and it's fine. Bloody battle in the English Channel; thanks for the Victory Class flagship. Naples' holdings in North Africa have been incorporated into Alliance territory. On the negative side, it looks like the OttomanBot slaughtered a Russian force trying to take Istanbul.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 06

I just downloaded it and it's fine. Bloody battle in the English Channel; thanks for the Victory Class flagship. Naples' holdings in North Africa have been incorporated into Alliance territory. On the negative side, it looks like the OttomanBot slaughtered a Russian force trying to take Istanbul.
I haven't seen the turnfile yet. Give me a casualty breakdown.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Jun 06

Originally posted by rwingett
I haven't seen the turnfile yet. Give me a casualty breakdown.
I'll detail it later, but basically everything was lost except 2 Swedish Ships of the Line. And I captured a Victory Class flagship. Nice try.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Jun 06

I'll detail it later, but basically everything was lost except 2 Swedish Ships of the Line. And I captured a Victory Class flagship. Nice try.
OK:

France: 1 Commander
8 Victory Class Flagships
2 Imperial Gurad Infantry
5 Scottish Guard Infantry
2 British Light Infantry
4 Field Artillery
3 British Marines

Spain: 3 Marines
6 British Marines

Prussia: 4 Man O' War
5 Ships of the Line
10 Fusiliers

Sweden: 3 Frigates
9 Man O' War
2 Ships of the Line
1 Fusilier
3 Marines

I have that as the Franco-Spanish force losing 291 Gold Value; while the Alliance lost 250 total - 13 for capturing the Victory, so a net loss of 237.

BTW, I also occupied your home island of Corsica.

n

Moves
23 Jun 06

l was screwed royally in Istanbul - the Ottomans moved in the force from Macedonia and there was a butchering - cest la vie

There seems to have been some funny business in Croatia as well.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Jun 06

Spain and Italy both lost their capital cities and about 60 Net Province Gold value between them. Southern Italy will soon be completely in Alliance hands and the end is near for Spanish forces in the Iberian (only one army left cowering in Lisboa).

The French tried a "surprise" invasion of Swedish territory, but the only ones who were surprised were the poor fools who drowned with their transports. Keep loading up those troops and ferrying them out, Rob; there won't be a French trooper left on the board in a few turns at the rate they're being exterminated.

The pain in the ass OttomanBot staged an amphibious invasion(!) of Greece and wiped out a Russian force and my 6 siege artillery. Looks like the Bot is a stronger foe than Naples which has abandoned their eastern holdings; the Russians will soon meet with the Prussians and Swedes in Northern Italy.

n

Moves
29 Jun 06

Spain and Italy both lost their capital cities and about 60 Net Province Gold value between them. Southern Italy will soon be completely in Alliance hands and the end is near for Spanish forces in the Iberian (only one army left cowering in Lisboa).

The French tried a "surprise" invasion of Swedish territory, but the only ones who were surprised ...[text shortened]... stern holdings; the Russians will soon meet with the Prussians and Swedes in Northern Italy.
l haven't had a chance to check yet, but this sounds very annoying. This is twice a bot has done things to screw me. (assuming it is still a bot?)

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Jun 06

Originally posted by nook7
l haven't had a chance to check yet, but this sounds very annoying. This is twice a bot has done things to screw me. (assuming it is still a bot?)
It's still showing as a Bot in the e-mail. It sent its fleet to the Aegean, loaded up a bunch of infantry and met with a huge force of cavalry coming out of Istanbul in the second phase!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Jun 06

It's still showing as a Bot in the e-mail. It sent its fleet to the Aegean, loaded up a bunch of infantry and met with a huge force of cavalry coming out of Istanbul in the second phase!
The GM having a laugh?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
29 Jun 06
1 edit

The French tried a "surprise" invasion of Swedish territory, but the only ones who were surprised stern holdings; the Russians will soon meet with the Prussians and Swedes in Northern Italy.
It was always going to be impossible to fight both you and Russia. I opted to throw everything I have onto one front, and deciding which front wasn't difficult.

I'm more than a little baffled by Nook's behaviour, though. Considering the offer of a place on the winning coalition you threw me a couple of weeks back (with no mention of Russia), it became obvious that the Tsar's only hope at winning this game would be by allying himself with what remained of the Southern Alliance and striking at you before you became unstoppable. Now it is too late for that, and the game is essentially over.

The Southern Alliance still has some large armies at its disposal, however, and we intend to make your victory as difficult as possible.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Jun 06

Originally posted by dyl
It was always going to be impossible to fight both you and Russia. I opted to throw everything I have onto one front, and deciding which front wasn't difficult.

I'm more than a little baffled by Nook's behaviour, though. Considering the offer of a place on the winning coalition you threw me a couple of weeks back (with no mention of Russia), it became obvious ...[text shortened]... rmies at its disposal, however, and we intend to make your victory as difficult as possible.
I looked at a turnfile while in a state of intoxication one night and made that offer; it was promptly rescinded the next day. Russia was always better off allied with Prussia and Sweden particulary considering the collapse of France. My conditions stand; if Russia and whoever together reach 640 first, they will declare victory. Currently Russia and I are at 587 only 53 away and Russia is certainly going to gain territory in the upcoming turns. Whether Sweden and I will will be decided by fighting against large forces, while Russia has almost a clear path to Italy from the East. It's decided that your side ain't gonna win, but that was decided pretty much after France was broken. But which of the 2 members of the Alliance will be able to declare is still questionable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.