Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Feb 06

Since the game has now started and we've outlived the "Sign up Sheet" thread, I figured I'd start this one for questions, comments, goading, taunting, etc. etc. etc. Those of you in the game who aren't playing Medieval Diplomacy would be well advised to A) Look at the Advice section of the Rules; and B) Look at the first few pages of the Medieval Diplomacy thread for general tips to get you started as the game systems are virtually identical.

So let the game began!

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
11 Feb 06

Okay ... I am all set.

Has the Polish problem been settled, or is still everybody at war with them?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
11 Feb 06

Here's rwingett's map:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/napmap.jpg

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Here's rwingett's map:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/napmap.jpg
Unfortunately they didn't have a nice map that I could use like they did for Medieval Diplomacy. I had to make this one from a bunch of screen captures. So you can't see the province names and values on the map.

Maybe on the next update I'll leave England off altogether. I'll pretend the island sank.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by NicolaiS
Okay ... I am all set.

Last time I checked (last night) I was still at war with Poland.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Unfortunately they didn't have a nice map that I could use like they did for Medieval Diplomacy. I had to make this one from a bunch of screen captures. So you can't see the province names and values on the map.

Maybe on the next update I'll leave England off altogether. I'll pretend the island sank.
That's right. Just keep telling yourself that King George isn't out there, King George isn't out there, King George isn't out there...You'll have to face reality eventually, rebel! Will it be this turn? Will it be five turns down the road? YOU DON'T KNOW!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by NicolaiS
Okay ... I am all set.

I don't think the turnfiles already sent can be changed so we're all at war with him. Anyway, since he wrote something in the other thread that hurt my feelings, my entire game strategy is now based on "bringing him down".

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
11 Feb 06

Well that makes the initial diplomatic phase more predictable I guess ... every nation is at war with the Poles. I will wait and see what the Polish King has to offer for peace negotiations with the Habsburgers ( which is, as all of you know, the predecessor of the Hamburger. )

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Feb 06

I regret to say, the usurper is still in control of my realm and has placed my subjects in great danger by recklessly thinking he can take on the entire continent.

When I am restored to my rightful position, I shall do my best to rectify the terrible damage that has been done to our great nation's reputation.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't think the turnfiles already sent can be changed so we're all at war with him. Anyway, since he wrote something in the other thread that hurt my feelings, my entire game strategy is now based on "bringing him down".
Don't take it personally...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by orfeo
Don't take it [b]personally...[/b]
I do and I'm going to beg and plead everyone else in the game to get you for your offensive remarks.

Orf still hasn't got his turnfile; I would propose that on turn 1 everyone exercise a "non-aggression" policy toward Poland. It's possible the GM decided to fix the problem in turn 2 and thus, Orf won't get a turn1 but will get a correct turn2, meaning he won't be at war with everybody. I've suggested Orf e-mail the GM for clarification, but as his personality is sooooooooooooooooo crass and insulting, I'm sure he won't listen to my heartfelt advice.🙁

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Feb 06

I do and I'm going to beg and plead everyone else in the game to get you for your offensive remarks.

Orf still hasn't got his turnfile; I would propose that on turn 1 everyone exercise a "non-aggression" policy toward Poland. It's possible the GM decided to fix the problem in turn 2 and thus, Orf won't get a turn1 but will get a correct turn2, m ...[text shortened]... oooooooooooooo crass and insulting, I'm sure he won't listen to my heartfelt advice.🙁
Well, I was going to follow your advice, but now you've gone and hurt my feelings so instead of listening to you, I'm going to run away and sulk in the corner.

And eat woolly worms.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
11 Feb 06

What year is it anyway? I think it's late 1796, right?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
What year is it anyway? I think it's late 1796, right?
1792. Historically, Poland's gone by 1795.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Feb 06

1792. Historically, Poland's gone by 1795.
Except then there's the Napoleon problem. The reference I found suggested he wasn't in charge until 1796 and he wasn't Emperor until later still.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.