What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
God called I answered, when God calls another, the choice is theirs not mine.
What happens to all the people your God doesn't "call"? The stakes are high, or so I believe, according to your beliefs, right? Getting "the call" and not getting "the call" - like my Muslim neighbours: big difference. What is it about you that means you get "the call" and others don't?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
So are you 'cleaner' than me in terms of "evil and wickedness" ~ because of Christ?
Again you are not seeing what is written to you and having me repeat myself is not going to change that until you can.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
What happens to all the people your God doesn't "call"? The stakes are high, or so I believe, according to your beliefs, right? Getting "the call" and not getting "the call" - like my Muslim neighbours: big difference. What is it about you that means you get "the call" and others don't?
You don't read what it written so you ask about things not said.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
You asked me: What is your view of humanity? It's your thread; you asked me that. Presumably, you wanted to know. Presumably, that was your motivation for asking me that.
Yes, I'll get back to that.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You don't read what it written so you ask about things not said.
I read what you wrote and so asked you this: What happens to all the people your God doesn't "call"?

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Again you are not seeing what is written to you and having me repeat myself is not going to change that until you can.
So is that a "Yes" you are 'cleaner' than me in terms of "evil and wickedness" ~ because of Christ ~ a "No" you are not 'cleaner' than me in terms of "evil and wickedness" ~ because of Christ? This is a direct response to what you have written.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@divegeester said
All the single thumbs down lol.
LOL, you're really bothered by that, aren't you?

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@philokalia said
LOL, you're really bothered by that, aren't you?
It's funny.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Humanism.
And that was basically the implied answer at the end of the day as well, right.

The problem is that the demeanor, personality, and inclination of each man is such that there are some who will have zero interest in whatever narrative is being spun about the sanctity of human life or whatever postmodern Rogerian rubbish people are conjuring up.

These ideas also change very rapidly. They are not something that stays very static.

They are also often very shallow...

Like, Carl Sagan saying we're all stardust, baby, and Lady Gaga talking about survivors of abuse.

All style, no substance.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
... Another thread about "hell," eh?

Back on page 7 it seemed we were still talking about the nature of what being a human is.

Now we are at the derailment.

If one were to keep track of the number of threads taht FMF/Dive turn derail in the direction of hell, you honestly would have to be very meticulous and on point.

It's several a week.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@philokalia said
... Another thread about "hell," eh?
It's at the very core of sonship's and KellyJay's Christian ideology. The fate of billions and billions of human beings on account of their supposed thoughtcrimes. Revenge by never-ending torture is the very moral foundation of it. So, yes, it comes up.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

So, Dive, I guess a good starting place to make your concept of man not being made in the image of God would be trying to account for these passages.

Genesis 5:1-2
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.

Genesis 9:6:
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

"And God said: Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness...So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:26-27)

1 Corinthians 11:7 ESV / 82 helpful votes
For a man should not have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man.

James 3:9:
With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;

These seem very clear.

None of them refers specifically to Adam.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
It's at the very core of sonship's and KellyJay's Christian ideology. The fate of billions and billions of human beings on account of their supposed thoughtcrimes. Revenge by never-ending torture is the very moral foundation of it. So, yes, it comes up.
What is wrong with the concept of a hell for those who reject God?

And why do you seemingly exclusively bother him about it? I remember when I explained my own views you wanted me to confront him about it as well, lol.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
Sins, that which we do against the truth. You keep wanting to make this about God's failure instead of acknowledging our guilt. You cannot be accused of wrong willfully against something you didn't know, but not being aware doesn't excuse you of breaking the law, and you can be charged with disobedience against the truth you were aware of when you do that. Sins before a Just, Holy, Righteous God will be dealt with either through Justice which demands it, or you can take that which was done for you out of the Love of God for you, accepting the gift of salvation of Jesus Christ. That is the core of my ideology as I read and understand the scriptures, not this twisting of things you just spewed out.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
What is wrong with the concept of a hell for those who reject God?
It is morally incoherent in part because you can't answer the two questions that I asked you before but you blocked out [they are still there waiting for you] and also because I think it is simply the most dastardly groupist/partisan "I'm Alright Jack" nonsense that the depraved reaches of the human imagination has ever managed to come up with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.