What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Yapping - to talk at length in an irritating manner.
Did you still want to discuss the tree of life?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
I'll try again and I'll be a bit more explicit this time.

Grampy Bobby used to make a distinction between being human on one hand and being "fully human" on the other.

He did not consider atheists [and non-Christians] to be the latter.

He believed and asserted that being "fully human" was dependent on having "a relationship" with the Christian God.

There were no di ...[text shortened]... d so, presumably, no longer humans].

Do you agree with Grampy Bobby's belief or disagree with it?
There's your problem. You are somehow impaired in that you're incapable of discussing what the Bible means by what it says, so you direct your comments at personalities inferring moral character flaws.

It's what most of your posts are about.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
There's your problem. You are somehow impaired in that you're incapable of discussing what the Bible means by what it says, so you direct your comments at personalities inferring moral character flaws.
The bible describes two trees of life in two different places. You seem reluctant to discuss what the Bible “means” vs what it “says” in this scenario.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said

It's what most of your posts are about.
So was Grampy Bobby right or wrong?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
What happens to all the people your God doesn't "call"?
Jesus died for everyone. The ones that don't believe die and are confined to outer darkness forever. That's what the Bible says.

Your question is meaningless since both you and everyone posting in this forum knows the answer. So why ask it? Obviously because you have an agenda to derail civil discourse and infer moral inferiority against those that believe what God says.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Jesus died for everyone. The ones that don't believe die and are confined to outer darkness forever. That's what the Bible says.

Your question is meaningless since both you and everyone posting in this forum knows the answer.
Everyone knows what answer? You are mistaken. Some Christians here believe that those who don't believe are tormented, while still conscious, in burning flames for eternity. They say that is what's in the Bible.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
So why ask it? Obviously because you have an agenda to derail civil discourse and infer moral inferiority against those that believe what God says.
A debate and discussion forum is all about agendas and perspectives encountering each other.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@divegeester said
The bible describes two trees of life in two different places. You seem reluctant to discuss what the Bible “means” vs what it “says” in this scenario.
What is there to discuss? If you want to believe that the tree of life is a metaphor symbolizing Jesus Christ, then do so.

I, on the other hand, believe in the literal interpretation of the Genesis account.

I suppose you don't believe Adam was made from the dust of the earth and fully formed in one day either.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19
1 edit

@fmf said
The only message your ideology has for me, an atheist, is that you believe I am going to suffer enormous never-ending supernatural violence ~ and that I deserve it ~ because I don't believe the same things as you. That torture "threat" is the heart of inexplicable darkness at the very centre of your belief system.
In your opinion you may believe that being an Atheist turns the messaged into something meaningless. I disagree, for me there isn't a Christian truth, an Atheist truth, a Muslim truth there is only truth. You can be dead wrong no matter what faith you are, going back to earlier discussion on common and uncommon beliefs.

You keep changing the reasons for Hell into a simple matter of not accepting one belief or another. I keep telling you that its the truth you know that will condemn you when you fail to live by them. They were written in your heart, you proclaim them in everyday speech as you justify and condemn various things. Beyond that if you don't accept one thing or another is meaningless, it is the sins that are done that would be the reason for condemnation, not how old the earth is, or what is literal or metaphoric, as far as scriptural text and speech is concern. You can understand the truth of a statement is conveying without it actually being a real event or not, and if you are aware and you trespass you'll be guilty.

With respect to Hell, you are looking at that from a human perspective, God may have other ideas, and they are the only ones that matter. Reality is defined by God not human opinions, human likes and dislikes.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
What is there to discuss? If you want to believe that the tree of life is a metaphor symbolizing Jesus Christ, then do so.

I, on the other hand, believe in the literal interpretation of the Genesis account.

I suppose you don't believe Adam was made from the dust of the earth and fully formed in one day either.
If there is nothing to discuss then why did you challenge me on it?

I know what you believe and I’ve demonstrated earlier in the thread that in this case you are mistaken and why.

I believe that Adam was created from the dust of the earth. But why are you asking...so you can call me a liar again?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
So was Grampy Bobby right or wrong?
See what I mean? The question should be whether God is right or wrong, but since you don't believe God exists the fact that you're asking about whether someone else is right or wrong proves my point.

You'd have more credibility if you could confine your questions and comments about what is written instead of inferring moral flaw against your detractors.

It's obvious you don't understand the first thing about debate and discourse.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
In your opinion you may believe that being an Atheist turns the messaged into something meaningless. I disagree, for me there isn't a Christian truth, an Atheist truth, a Muslim truth there is only truth. You can be dead wrong no matter what faith you are, going back to earlier discussion on common and uncommon beliefs.

You keep changing the reasons for Hell into a simple ...[text shortened]... e the only ones that matter. Reality is defined by God not human opinions, human likes and dislikes.
You haven't said anything to contradict or counter the content of my post.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
See what I mean? The question should be whether God is right or wrong, but since you don't believe God exists the fact that you're asking about whether someone else is right or wrong proves my point.

You'd have more credibility if you could confine your questions and comments about what is written instead of inferring moral flaw against your detractors.

It's obvious you don't understand the first thing about debate and discourse.
Is what Grampy Bobby believed the same as what you believe?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
Is what Grampy Bobby believed the same as what you believe?
You should know the answer to that question.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
You should know the answer to that question.
What is your answer to it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.