Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

F

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Does the animal that is caged and starved and beaten and finally dragged against its will to be slaughtered suffer????????
The question is: you believe that the souls of those animals are simply reborn after they are slaughtered and eaten, right?

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
There is considerable insecurity and paranoia here.
Insecurity sometimes masks itself as hyper-certainty. People are curious (or anxious) about what (if anything) happens after death. Humans alone have consciousness of the their own impending death; this separates us from all other animals. This curiosity, especially when it turns to anxiety, is the birth of all religions.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
If Jesus taught anything, it was to endure mockery with humility. There is precious little of that here.
Actually, what he said was that we should rejoice... because the more abuse we endure in his name the greater will be our reward.

Nice try, but this isn't my first rodeo. I'm sure many of you would prefer we simply take it on the chin (with humility) and would like for us to respond with nary a hint of disrespect towards you or any of the other little kings and princes here. If you literally slapped me in the face, I would probably react by (literally) slapping you back so hard you'd fall down on your pompous a$$.

Being a Christian doesn't mean I think I'm perfect, it means I know I'm not perfect.

F

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
Actually, what he said was that we should rejoice... because the more abuse we endure in his name the greater will be our reward.
As a Christian you believe that "salvation" comes in different degrees? What levels of reward do you believe there are?

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Apr 15

Nice try, but this isn't my first rodeo. I'm sure many of you would prefer we simply take it on the chin (with humility) and would like for us to respond with nary a hint of disrespect towards you or any of the other ...[text shortened]... .

Being a Christian doesn't mean I think I'm perfect, it means I know I'm not perfect.
Not turning the other cheek?

F

Moves
27 Apr 15

Nice try, but this isn't my first rodeo. I'm sure many of you would prefer we simply take it on the chin (with humility) and would like for us to respond with nary a hint of disrespect towards you or any of the other little kings and princes here. If you literally slapped me in the face, I would probably react by (literally) slapping you back so hard you'd fall down on your pompous a$$.
This kind of post would be an upshot of the insecurity and paranoia I mentioned earlier.

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime:
Actually, what he said was that we should rejoice...

So, rejoice! No one is stopping you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
This kind of post would be an upshot of the insecurity and paranoia I mentioned earlier.
I don't read it that way.

Perhaps that you do, shows your own insecurity and paranoia.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Heaven is a big, big place and so is hell. Honest injun. 😏
"How many souls can dance on the head of a pin?"

That makes as much sense as what you wrote.

The "size" of heaven or hell is not relevant. The immaterial takes up no material space.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

I believe one of the biggest mistakes critics of Christianity have made is in trying to approach the Christian belief from the limited vantage point and mind set of a learned type of two dimensional thinking. This is not a criticism of science, because (in theory if not in practice) it is necessary for scientists to approach their craft within the reasona ...[text shortened]... rossed, but I won't be up late tonight waiting to see if any dead light bulbs come back to life.
Christians can understand science by putting on blinders, and only dealing with the physical universe.

Scientists cannot understand Christianity because they have no "blinders" to take off. The physical is, literally, all they can understand.

That's as simple as I can make it.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Christians can understand science by putting on blinders, and only dealing with the physical universe.

Scientists cannot understand Christianity because they have no "blinders" to take off. The physical is, literally, all they can understand.

what about Muslim scientists? what can they understand?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]If God ever revealed himself to you in some way that left absolutely no doubt in your mind, would you want to share this news with people who are more than happy to mock you and tear your story to pieces?

Imagine facing yourself in a mirror and enduring your own mockery and haughty attitude coming from that image... it's not as easy as you might think to ...[text shortened]... and "abused"] ~ as you say Jesus predicted ~ as you go about your everyday life as a Christian?
Could you, for once, not ignore the question posed to you in order to project your own question, and just prioritize and focus long enough to answer the question first, and then pose your carefully thought out question which is somehow connected, as in a conversation, with the post you are supposedly replying to, instead of stomping on their post with jackboots in the rush to mock and abuse them?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what about Muslim scientists? what can they understand?
Muslim scientists are muslim first, and scientists second, as "Christian scientists" are Christian first and scientists second.

I also assume that one religion can understand other religions easily, even if they do not agree with their precepts, since the immaterial is familiar to them.

Your attempt at mockery therefore fails.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by moonbus
Having skimmed the previous 25 or so pages with an ever increasing feeling of de ja vu--'where have I read all this before?'-- I believe I discern a pattern clearly enough to venture a [b]Fifth Thesis (or hypothesis, if you prefer) why some some Christians feel under attack. Some (not all) of the Christian correspondents here hold a position which is mar ...[text shortened]... s that description and to what extent criticism befits an intransigently anachronistic position.[/b]
RJH maintains the earth is 6000 years old and has tried to post repeatedly about why evolution is false and has been reviled and mocked in the Science forum so much that eventually he was persuaded to no longer post there.

Does that answer your question?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne

Well said. I've been putting too much effort into trying to get relatively simple ideas across, and I keep forgetting the purpose of this forum is for troglodytes to make sport of people who take their beliefs seriously... but now that I think about it, that's actually one of the reasons I enjoy sticking it to them. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.