Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by buffalobill
Rubbish.
Believe what you want. You're obviously not very bright; why else would we declare war on Spain but not France this turn? Think about it (I can almost smell the wood burning).

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Apr 06

All that King Clausewitz the Paranoid says is rubbish. For my part I will not waste time addressing his fabricated charges. Nor will I waste my time by engaging him in yet more pointless verbal sparring.

The true facts speak for themselves plain enough - Prussia is clearly the aggressor here. All Europe can see for themselves who is invading who next turn. Except for my war with England, which was thrust upon me by circumstances beyond my control, France has maintained good relations with everyone and has attacked no one.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by rwingett
All that King Clausewitz the Paranoid says is rubbish. For my part I will not waste time addressing his fabricated charges. Nor will I waste my time by engaging him in yet more pointless verbal sparring.

The true facts speak for themselves plain enough - Prussia is clearly the aggressor here. All Europe can see for themselves who is invading who next tu ...[text shortened]... s beyond my control, France has maintained good relations with everyone and has attacked no one.
I offered you perfectly reasonable terms that would have avoided the loss of French life. You responded with insults and bluster. The Emperor of United Germany intends to show you the folly of your vile scheming and attempts to embroil all Europe into war. Once a more rational leader has been installed in Paris, the Alliance will have no other designs on France.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Apr 06

Let us examine the laundry list of countries Prussia has attacked:

Bavaria
Poland
Austria

and now he is poised to invade both France and Spain.

There are only 12 realms in this game and Prussia has been (or will be) at war with 5 of them. It's clear that his appetite for conquest knows no bounds. Unless Prussia is stopped now, you can all pick up a copy of a Berlitz German language course, because you'll all need it when those filthy, sausage eating Krauts are hoisting your children on their bayonets.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Apr 06

Bavaria
Poland
Austria

There are only 12 realms in this game and Prussia has been (or will be) at war with 5 of them. It's clear that his appetite for conquest knows no bounds. Unless Prussia is stopped now, you can all pick u ...[text shortened]... need it when those filthy, sausage eating Krauts are hoisting your children on their bayonets.
HMMMM, only 5? That's not even one every two turns! For a German, that's admirable restraint.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
20 Apr 06

Bavaria
Poland
Austria

There are only 12 realms in this game and Prussia has been (or will be) at war with 5 of them. It's clear that his appetite for conquest knows no bounds. Unless Prussia is stopped now, you can all pick u ...[text shortened]... need it when those filthy, sausage eating Krauts are hoisting your children on their bayonets.
You made an agreement with England which both you and I broke. I was under no committment to respect that agreement as I made it with your muskets pointing at my head. However, you had no such constraint. You betrayed me out of convenience. Keep that in mind, folks.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
20 Apr 06

Bavaria
Poland
Austria

In Poland he was restoring the rightful ruler after the evil GM handed the realm to a bot.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You made an agreement with England which both you and I broke. I was under no committment to respect that agreement as I made it with your muskets pointing at my head. However, you had no such constraint. You betrayed me out of convenience. Keep that in mind, folks.
How can you betray a country you've been at war with since turn 1? What did I do? Slip a peace treaty on you when you weren't looking?

Enjoy your last week in the sun, English swine, for it will be your last.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
20 Apr 06
1 edit

How can you betray a country you've been at war with since turn 1? What did I do? Slip a peace treaty on you when you weren't looking?

Enjoy your last week in the sun, English swine, for it will be your last.
Slip a peace treaty on you when you weren't looking?

Yep, in return for my military services as marines on the Spanish fleet (21 British Marines, with the larger force left as reserves in Cornwall), you agreed not to attack me. Then you attacked me. Good thing I didn't trust you; I was able to slow you down a bit by retaking London and wrecking the harbor.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Apr 06

[b]Slip a peace treaty on you when you weren't looking?

Yep, in return for my military services as marines on the Spanish fleet (21 British Marines, with the larger force left as reserves in Cornwall), you agreed not to attack me. Then you attacked me. Good thing I didn't trust you; I was able to slow you down a bit by retaking London and wrecking the harbor.[/b]
Read this carefully, BB and say "Rubbish" again.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Apr 06

[b]Slip a peace treaty on you when you weren't looking?

Yep, in return for my military services as marines on the Spanish fleet (21 British Marines, with the larger force left as reserves in Cornwall), you agreed not to attack me. Then you attacked me.[/b]
All's fair in love and war. In case you've forgotten, we're at war. Have been for a long time. Since you made the mistake of letting me annihilate half your army last turn, it'll be easy pickings this turn.

Bye bye.

P.S. For those who are interested in such things, the English army lost 23 Marines and 8 Sharpshooters (1,156 CS and 50.8 HP).

France lost 2 Volunteers and 3 Line Infantry (104 CS and 8.2 HP)
Spain lost 8 Volunteers (176 CS and 10.4 HP).
Total Franco-Spanish losses (280 CS and 18.6 HP).

War is hell. For the English.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Apr 06

All's fair in love and war. In case you've forgotten, we're at war. Have been for a long time. Since you made the mistake of letting me annihilate half your army last turn, it'll be easy pickings this turn.

Bye bye.

P.S. For those who are interested in such things, the English army lost 23 Marines and 8 Sharpshooters (1,156 CS and 50.8 HP).

Fran ...[text shortened]... 0.4 HP).
Total Franco-Spanish losses (280 CS and 18.6 HP).

War is hell. For the English.
Europe will soon see the end of this type of arrogant French boasting. The "soldiers" in the French "army" will be returned to their normal tasks of being snooty waiters. And such treachery will avail you none against the Alliance, Napoleon; short, fat men with their hands in their undergarments do not enjoy the trust of the Emperor of United Germany.

n

Moves
21 Apr 06

The Emir of The Ottomans is absolutely full of sh*t.

l never ever denied being in an alliance with the Prussians.
And until very recently the only communication we had with each other was about the division of Poland. So when l say, the Prussians have not had much to say - that is the truth.

The main reason l have not shown aggression towards Prussia like l have with the Ottomans, is unlike the stupid Ottomans they do not cut off my only route of expansion and then deny me passage rights to expand. l have not lied on any occasion in this game. BB is just angry that l am not bending over and copping it from him like he wants.

Stop fabricating lies yourself and focus on playing the game.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
21 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. France 2
3. Russia 3
4. Ottomans 4
5. Spain 6
6. Sweden 6
7. Austria 8
8. Naples 7
9. Algeria 9
10. England 10

Eliminated: Bavaria

Algeria didn't move again and is now a Bot. Looks like the Neapolitian fleet took an unnecessary pounding eliminating the Emir's ships. Prussia has ...[text shortened]... e Polish throne. Next week looks like it may be really interesting in both the East and West.
How did both Spain and Sweden manage to be 6th last week? A tie?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Apr 06

How did both Spain and Sweden manage to be 6th last week? A tie?
Typo that I didn't notice until it was too late to edit. Sweden was 5 and Spain 6 last week though they've been extremely close for quite a few seasons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.