Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
02 May 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Then say something, you marionette or does it have to be cleared with the French Minister of Propaganda? You may PM me for terms and I assure you the Alliance will be not overly ungenerous.
Ha! Is that what they call the Ira... er... Prussian "Information Minister"? Your beligerent self-confidence belies the fact that this war is poised on a knife's edge. Our knife and the edge of your... uhm... well, you get the picture. 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 May 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Ha! Is that what they call the Ira... er... Prussian "Information Minister"? Your beligerent self-confidence belies the fact that this war is poised on a knife's edge. Our knife and the edge of your... uhm... well, you get the picture. 😛
If you carefully examine the turnfile, you'll notice the French had their entire fleet sank in the English Channel and now his and your's large armies in England are in the same plot line as a recent Tom Hanks movie. And all those Alliance ships and troops are all over the Atlantic; where will they strike next? I don't think your Spanish Armada is going to be able to do much about it.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
02 May 06

If you carefully examine the turnfile, you'll notice the French had their entire fleet sank in the English Channel and now his and your's large armies in England are in the same plot line as a recent Tom Hanks movie. And all those Alliance ships and troops are all over the Atlantic; where will they strike next? I don't think your Spanish Armada is going to be able to do much about it.
Your newfound mobility can yet play into my hands. An army thinly spread is an army quickly annihilated. Of course your maxim would be an army without income is no army at all. 😏

We'll have to wait and see if your new "toys" can safely transport anything but the bubonic plague.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 May 06

Your newfound mobility can yet play into my hands. An army thinly spread is an army quickly annihilated. Of course your maxim would be an army without income is no army at all. 😏

We'll have to wait and see if your new "toys" can safely transport anything but the bubonic plague.
Both you and the French have all those juicy coastal provinces un- or weakly defended. I hope you've got plenty of "WELCOME" mats available.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 May 06

Turns are in.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by dyl
Turns are in.
Spain took a pounding and Naples picked the wrong side.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
04 May 06
1 edit

Pounding? The only thing that took a pounding was your fleet off the coast of Scotland.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 May 06

Pounding? The only thing that took a pounding was your fleet off the coast of Scotland.
Fleet?? That was a couple of frigates. You'll soon see what a FLEET can do.

I do see that Ireland has been half liberated and the rest will be in Prussian hands next turn. And the Iberian isn't owned by just Spain anymore! Nice of you to share.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 May 06
1 edit

I'm afraid you were too slow in contacting me, Clausey. I signed a mutual defence pact with France shortly after Bavaria disappeared, and, being an honourable King, I have followed through with my agreement. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Veni, vidi, I stuck my boot up Sweden's bum.

Joachim I, King of Naples

(Edit: Being a cavalry commander, it goes without saying I am wearing spurs.)

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
04 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dyl
I'm afraid you were too slow in contacting me, Clausey. I signed a mutual defence pact with France shortly after Bavaria disappeared, and, being an honourable King, I have followed through with my agreement. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

I signed a mutual defence pact with France shortly after Bavaria disappeared, and, being an honourable King, I have followed through with my agreement. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Umm...you signed a mutual defense pact with France? Weren't you supposed to be like helping me not die? You're just lucky France and Prussia didn't ally against you after England wasn't there to distract them.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]I signed a mutual defence pact with France shortly after Bavaria disappeared, and, being an honourable King, I have followed through with my agreement. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Umm...you signed a mutual defense pact with France? Weren't you supposed to be like helping me not die? You're just lucky France and Prussia didn't ally against you after England wasn't there to distract them.[/b]
I tried to help. I'm missing my other boot and Napoleon now walks with a decided limp.

n

Moves
04 May 06

The war will not be won in one day. THe Russians can & will be there when victory is decided.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by dyl

Your honorable French ally was, at the same time, attempting to get Prussia and Sweden to attack you. Your "mutual defense pact" would have been promptly disregarded by France; he kept agitating for a 5 on 2 war (Prussia, France, Russia, Sweden and Spain v. you and the Ottomans). I'm not sure he would have followed through, but that's what he was saying. Prussia and Sweden could have smashed your forces in Northern Italy a few turns ago if we had wanted; that project will be accomplished later anyway. The side you have joined has suffered done nothing but suffer defeats at the hands of the Alliance; far worse is coming.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by dyl
I tried to help. I'm missing my other boot and Napoleon now walks with a decided limp.
That must have been the least impressive kick in the ash ever. Maybe it was a kinky sex game; Napoleon doesn't seem particularly cowed by the might of Naples' foot, not to mention her military.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 May 06

It seems Bleucher hasn't got the stomach for a real fight. When confronted by a comparable force in Paris, he promptly wheeled right and fled to Belgium. I never would have guesses that Bleucher would flee from a battle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.