Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
At least your head isn't at the bottom of a river ........... yet.
I, Joachim Murat, have a head too big for any river!

Joachim I, King of Naples

n

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by dyl
I, Joachim Murat, have a head too big for any river!

Joachim I, King of Naples
King Joachim,
Despite your declaration of war and crude comments against the just actions of the mighty empire of Russia l know that you have been a wise ruler in the past. Do not allow the false machinations of you purported ally the Ottomans (who would trade you away to save a kilo of Turkish delight) to let you crumble into the sea.

You have seen what has occured this past turn. It is not too late to turn from the dark side and come into the light and warmth of Mother Russias embrace. Times grows short. Watch as my armies grow.

In the spirit of our previous friendship l offer you peace.

Tsar

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by nook7
King Joachim,
Despite your declaration of war and crude comments against the just actions of the mighty empire of Russia l know that you have been a wise ruler in the past. Do not allow the false machinations of you purported ally the Ottomans (who would trade you away to save a kilo of Turkish delight) to let you crumble into the sea.

You have seen what ...[text shortened]... Watch as my armies grow.

In the spirit of our previous friendship l offer you peace.

Tsar
Ahh, ok. You're siding with the Ottomans. So there are two big wars going on then.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 06
3 edits

As an interesting aside, I again forgot the amphibious rule by being pre-occupied with larger matters. Prussia was going to land a Swedish force of 104 CS in Scotland and divided it in half rather than making sure it took Strathlyde (with the Glasgow recruitment center). The way we did it, there were two invasion forces, one for the Highlands and one for Glasgow and they each had a 52% chance of landing. Neither made it.

The object of an invasion with such light forces was to knock down France's production (the two provinces were worth 14 Gold). ironically enough, we were probably lucky we didn't succeed. Napoleon built 10 Lancers at a cost of 60 Gold in Strathlyde; gold that he wouldn't have spent if the invasion had been successful. Due to the destruction of the French fleet, unless those Lancers can ride fast enough to traverse the surface of the North Sea they're not going to be much help to France for a good long while. So by having slightly bad luck, we probably gained.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

As an interesting aside, I again forgot the amphibious rule by being pre-occupied with larger matters. Prussia was going to land a Swedish force of 104 CS in Scotland and divided it in half rather than making sure it took Strathlyde (with the Glasgow recruitment center). The way we did it, there were two invasion forces, one for the Highlands and one fo ch help to France for a good long while. So by having slightly bad luck, we probably gained.
Rob, why did you build cavalry in England? It seems a very strange thing to do.

I feel bad for Russia. They're the only big power without a henchman.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Apr 06

I didn't build them last turn. They were way down in Cornwall. I've had them for a few turns. If you look closely, you'll see that Lancers have a movement of 4. They rode all the way to Strathclyde in one turn, anticipating that the Prussians would try to land at Strathclyde, and excpecting them to be more competant at it.

n

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Rob, why did you build cavalry in England? It seems a very strange thing to do.

I feel bad for Russia. They're the only big power without a henchman.
Thanks for feeling bad for me ATY, l feel bad for myself. Perhaps if l claim Austria as my (very silent) partner that would even it up!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by rwingett
I didn't build them last turn. They were way down in Cornwall. I've had them for a few turns. If you look closely, you'll see that Lancers have a movement of 4. They rode all the way to Strathclyde in one turn, anticipating that the Prussians would try to land at Strathclyde, and excpecting them to be more competant at it.
Nobody's perfect; your lancers wouldn't have made it into Strathclyde if the invasion succeeded as it was 4 MP away from Cornwall and would have cost you two to enter after it was taken. I'm going to have to stick a big post it note regarding amphibious invasions; I made the same damn mistake in MD three weeks ago.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
28 Apr 06

Nobody's perfect; your lancers wouldn't have made it into Strathclyde if the invasion succeeded as it was 4 MP away from Cornwall and would have cost you two to enter after it was taken. I'm going to have to stick a big post it note regarding amphibious invasions; I made the same damn mistake in MD three weeks ago.
Is that how it works? Hmm. I need to ask some questions on the MD board.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Apr 06

Yes, yes, but at the end of the day it is I, the great Napoleon, who is in possession of Strathclyde, while King Clausewitz's troops are left puking their guts out over the sides of their ships.

In MD I took Cyprus with a landing force of only 46 CS. Some would attribute my success, and your abject failure, to luck, but I think there is a significant matter of skill involved. Or perhaps it is the star of greatness which hangs over my realms, empowering my troops to succeed against the odds, while your pathetic conscripts inevitably fail at the simplest tasks.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by nook7
Thanks for feeling bad for me ATY, l feel bad for myself. Perhaps if l claim Austria as my (very silent) partner that would even it up!
If that's not enough, you can add Algeria and England to the list. I'll give moral support.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
28 Apr 06

Yes, yes, but at the end of the day it is I, the great Napoleon, who is in possession of Strathclyde, while King Clausewitz's troops are left puking their guts out over the sides of their ships.
http://www.myfoto.com.au/Photo/jeffcotter/Dylan's_Album/ClausewitzFeelingQueasy.jpg

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Apr 06

In MD I took Cyprus with a landing force of only 46 CS. Some would attribute my success, and your abject failure, to luck, but I think there is a significant ma ...[text shortened]... succeed against the odds, while your pathetic conscripts inevitably fail at the simplest tasks.
And it is I, King Clausewitz, who actually HAS some ships in the Atlantic, at least on the surface of that great ocean. "The star of greatness" apparently crashed down to Earth on top of your Atlantic fleet. Your troops will have a lot of time to "enjoy" the British Isles while the Alliance is carving up the Continent.

BTW, those are Swedish troops on my North Atlantic Task Force.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
02 May 06

Page 4?!!! Er... bump.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 May 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Page 4?!!! Er... bump.
Then say something, you marionette or does it have to be cleared with the French Minister of Propaganda? You may PM me for terms and I assure you the Alliance will be not overly ungenerous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.