Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

Napoleonic Empires: Game Thread

General

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
21 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Believe what you want. You're obviously not very bright; why else would we declare war on Spain but not France this turn? Think about it (I can almost smell the wood burning).
Ahem. I have a coal-fired brain.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Apr 06
1 edit

A needed bump. For some reason, the Spanish ministers who were scheduled in Berlin to sign the surrender documents haven't arrived yet. Perhaps I should send some ships and an honor guard of say 100,000 men to pick them up. Some of my troops may be vacationing in Paris soon; it's quite lovely in April. I will try to restrain them from writing "Napoleon sucks" on the Arc de Triomphe but you know what coarse senses of humor us Germans have!

N

The sky

Moves
22 Apr 06

A needed bump. For some reason, the Spanish ministers who were scheduled in Berlin to sign the surrender documents haven't arrived yet. Perhaps I should send some ships and an honor guard of say 100,000 men to pick them up. Some of my troops may be vacationing in Paris soon; it's quite lovely in April. I will try to restrain them from writing "Napoleon sucks" on the Arc de Triomphe but you know what coarse senses of humor us Germans have!
I just wanted to comment on the bad French spelling which is so typical for those Germans. You were too fast. 😞

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Apr 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
I just wanted to comment on the bad French spelling which is so typical for those Germans. You were too fast. 😞
The spelling in my first posts is always atrocious; I have to edit almost every one.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
23 Apr 06

Ahem. Not wishing to spend the rest of their lives in that Bavarian dungeon you had prepared for them, the Spanish ministers respectfully declined to attend any “peace” talks -- or whatever you call such ploys.

If you wish to discuss terms, similar lodgings have been prepared on the Isle of Saint Helena. I always was one for irony. 😛

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
26 Apr 06

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6481434083744705838&q=robot+chicken&pl=true

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

Napoleon's mighty fleet is no more; a combined naval and marine force from the Alliance has sank ALL 14 French Ships of the Line and their Victory Class Flagship in a single blow. Though we lost many brave troops, the Alliance's loss in ships was a mere 2 Men O' War; our dominance in the Atlantic is assured. All of Western France fell as well. Smaller nations should gaze well as the ruins of French power and ponder if they truly wish to share the arrogant Emperor's miserable fate.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

Napoleon's mighty fleet is no more; a combined naval and marine force from the Alliance has sank ALL 14 French Ships of the Line and their Victory Class Flagship in a single blow. Though we lost many brave troops, the Alliance's loss in ships was a mere 2 Men O' War; our dominance in the Atlantic is assured. All of Western France fell as well. Smaller na ...[text shortened]... f French power and ponder if they truly wish to share the arrogant Emperor's miserable fate.
At least I have finally crushed the English under my heel. If I accomplish nothing else in this game, that will have been enough. The head of King George lies at the bottom of the Thames.

Edit: maps are done

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 06

A typo that was too late to correct: I meant EASTERN France, of course.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by rwingett
At least I have finally crushed the English under my heel. If I accomplish nothing else in this game, that will have been enough. The head of King George lies at the bottom of the Thames.

Edit: maps are done
I though I'd at least get one more turnfile so I could see how the battles went. Oh well 🙁. Well played, Rob.

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

Everyone's intentions are pretty obvious; or at least I can make a good guess. Except! Naples. Dyl, what's up with you? What's Italy planning?

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Everyone's intentions are pretty obvious; or at least I can make a good guess. Except! Naples. Dyl, what's up with you? What's Italy planning?
*heavy silence*

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 06

This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. Russia 3
3. France 2
4. Spain 5
5. Ottomans 4
6. Sweden 6
7. Naples 8
8. Austria 7
9. Algeria 9

Eliminated: Bavaria, England

France finally finishes over England. The Russians smash the Turks in Budapest and seem to have a huge advantage in the Balkans. Spain has built up a very large army for a minor power, but unfortunately for King Hal about 40% of it is in the British Isles and with the destruction of the French fleet and the now overwhelming naval superiority of the Alliance, it's a long walk on water for the Spaniards.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

This week's Power Ratings:

1. Prussia 1
2. Russia 3
3. France 2
4. Spain 5
5. Ottomans 4
6. Sweden 6
7. Naples 8
8. Austria 7
9. Algeria 9

Eliminated: Bavaria, England

France finally finishes over England. The Russians smash the Turks in Budapest and seem to have a huge advantage in the Balkans. Spain has built up a ve ...[text shortened]... w overwhelming naval superiority of the Alliance, it's a long walk on water for the Spaniards.
So I'm still coming last, disregarding bots? Bloody hell.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by dyl
So I'm still coming last, disregarding bots? Bloody hell.
At least your head isn't at the bottom of a river ........... yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.