What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

S. Korea

Moves
07 Mar 19

Right: there is no empirical proof that that happened. It has to be taken on faith. Yet, all of the pieces are present for this to be put together and understood.

Yet... to maintain our free will... it is not perfectly & plainly obvious. It is a leap that we have to take.

And yes, I am a philosophy guy~!

What did you study in Uni?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Right: there is no empirical proof that that happened. It has to be taken on faith. Yet, all of the pieces are present for this to be put together and understood.

Yet... to maintain our free will... it is not perfectly & plainly obvious. It is a leap that we have to take.
Did you miss the critical thinking module on your philosophy course?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@philokalia said

Exactly, subjectivity.

Did you cover objectively and subjectivity on your philosophy course?

F

Moves
07 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
"All of the pieces are present for the ideas to be put together and understood" [that it is utterly preposterous and heretical to claim that God came down to Earth and walked about] to the way of thinking of a Muslim. "All of the pieces are present for the ideas to be put together and understood" [that Jesus was an imposter] to the way of thinking of a Jew, while we are at it. The Jesus story. It inspires faith or lack of faith, not "objective" truth.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@fmf said
"All of the pieces are present for the ideas to be put together and understood" [that it is utterly preposterous and heretical to claim that God came down to Earth and walked about] to the way of thinking of a Muslim. "All of the pieces are present for the ideas to be put together and understood" [that Jesus was an imposter] to the way of thinking of a Jew, while we are at it. The Jesus story. It inspires faith or lack of faith, not "objective" truth.
I think Jacob has boxed up his chess pieces, taken his side of the board and gone home.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Yes I believe what the Bible says. What I don’t believe is YOUR interpretation of what the Bible says.

KellyJay, sonship and you all seem to suffer with a mental block on this point because your vanity allows you to assert that what you believe is THE truth.

KellyJay is getting himself into pickles with this on a weekly basis. He is currently claiming that his opi ...[text shortened]... l that matters his talking to the truth. In others words his posts are truth. It’s amusing to watch.
We live in the age of grace. Not my interpretation. That's what the Bible says.

The wrath of God is on the docket. Not my interpretation. That's what the Bible says.

Claiming that that is my interpretation is just your way of expressing your bias and dislike of those that believe what the Bible says, on virtually every given topic.

It's your mental block.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Mar 19

@fmf said
You are pessimistic.
Your perspective is skewed. Philokalia, myself and others with a biblical world view are realists.

It's not pessimism to see the truth. The world of man is disintegrating.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@secondson said

The wrath of God is on the docket. Not my interpretation. That's what the Bible says.

Claiming that that is my interpretation is just your way of expressing your bias and dislike of those that believe what the Bible says, on virtually every given topic.

It's your mental block.
I really can see why your church leaders don’t let you teach.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@secondson said
Your perspective is skewed. Philokalia, myself and others with a biblical world view are realists.
Do you, like philokalia, feel that the JW god which demands child sacrifice, is full of “goodness”?

See my thread on the matter if it’s something you can muster.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I really can see why your church leaders don’t let you teach.
More bogus Christian deflection.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Do you, like philokalia, feel that the JW god which demands child sacrifice, is full of “goodness”?

See my thread on the matter if it’s something you can muster.
More off topic bogus Christian deflection.

Not interested in any thread you start as I am quite certain it's full of your miscellany of unscriptural imaginings.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
07 Mar 19

@secondson said
More bogus Christian deflection.
Deflection from what? You didn’t actually say anything.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Deflection from what? You didn’t actually say anything.
You didn't actually read anything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Mar 19

@secondson said

It's your mental block.
This is a problem with Christianity today, people are actually trying to make it into a popularity contest.

I hear all kinds of Chriistians say "it's not my opinion, it says this right in the Bible". Yes, it IS 'your opinion' because what anyone claims is mostly their interpretation of what is written. This is nowhere better seen than right here in this very forum, where we have a constant back-and-forth over doctrine. By claiming that a Bible passage means what you interpret it to mean, and nothing else, you're appealing to your audience, i.e. making the meaning of scripture into a popularity contest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Mar 19

@suzianne said
This is a problem with Christianity today, people are actually trying to make it into a popularity contest.

I hear all kinds of Chriistians say "it's not my opinion, it says this right in the Bible". Yes, it IS 'your opinion' because what anyone claims is mostly their interpretation of what is written. This is nowhere better seen than right here in this very foru ...[text shortened]... , you're appealing to your audience, i.e. making the meaning of scripture into a popularity contest.
Excellent point!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.