What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
Because I don't take sides in a debate with those that argue against Christians like you do. It would be different if you could stay on topic and address the points Christians make in any given debate, but you don't, instead you deflect, criticize and insult.

Having friends that are atheists isn't the issue, I have some myself, but it appears you don't have any Christian ...[text shortened]... s better while deriding and making execrations against those you should esteem brothers and sisters.
I look forward with relish to you berating your old atheist friend who’s posting you value and miss so much, when he next storms into a thread and accuses all the theists of being deluded idiots because Christianity is all “bullshyte” a “scam”.

Edit; I’m not sure what it is about sonshouse’s posting in this forum that you miss, but in the 11 years I’ve been posting here I’ve never seen him contribute anything of value to any thread ever. Of course I may have missed the nuggets that you picked up when you were posting as @jospehw.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
Apparently you have a crystal ball, or perhaps you're a soothsayer or even a prophet.

Do you have a psychic hotline number too?
I stand by what I said.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
it appears you don't have any Christians friends in this forum, and why, because you make yourself out as better while deriding and making execrations against those you should esteem brothers and sisters.
I’m not here to make friends, this is not a Christian forum and we each post as we see fit.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
I look forward with relish to you berating your old atheist friend who’s posting you value and miss so much, when he next storms into a thread and accuses all the theists of being deluded idiots because Christianity is all “bullshyte” a “scam”.

Edit; I’m not sure what it is about sonshouse’s posting in this forum that you miss, but in the 11 years I’ve been posting her ...[text shortened]... ever. Of course I may have missed the nuggets that you picked up when you were posting as @jospehw.
Why would I berate sonhouse? He's not such a bad guy, even if does hate religion and believes in evolution.

You have an odd way of conceptualizing things you know! The debates in the forums you post in have had, it appears, a negative affect on you. You spend way too much time here. You should get out into the real world more often.

It seems you have a fixed set of redundancies.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I stand by what I said.
I think you're onto something there divegeester.

That could just be the thing at the root of your problem.

You just can't be wrong.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19
2 edits

@secondson said
You have an odd way of conceptualizing things you know! The debates in the forums you post in have had, it appears, a negative affect on you. You spend way too much time here. You should get out into the real world more often.
Sonhouse is an ok guy I suppose, despite him once accusing someone here of trying to get another poster to commit suicide which was a really shilty thing to say. But anyway...

I think my world view is pretty good actually. I’ve been a Christian for about 30 years, been married to the same wonderful person for 28 of those, I choose my friends very carefully and subsequently have very few, I live on the coast with a spectacular sea view, I’ve travelled all over Europe several times with my engaging job as an EMA sales director to large global healthcare corp, I’ve met some wonderful people on my travels many of whom I’m still connected with and respect. I post at rhp through the day, most days as time permits and in my 11 years here I’ve made a couple of very good friends and about 25 close acquaintances all of whom share differing religious and political views from myself and who’s opinions I value and allow to challenge my own. I find this forum a fascinating reflection of and insight into the religious mind-map of the proudly dogmatic, the misanthropists and the spiritual prisoners of the whore of Babylon who’s minds the octopus like tentacles have gripped like vice.

Other than that I like drinking beer and watching football (that’s soccer to philistines like you), preferably at the same time and preferably on a Greek island during big international tournaments.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
I think you're onto something there divegeester.

That could just be the thing at the root of your problem.

You just can't be wrong.
Not at all, I could indeed be wrong about you. When it is demonstrated that I am I will publically apologise to you if you like.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
But anyway...

I think my world view is pretty good actually. I’ve been a Christian for about 30 years, been married to the same wonderful person for 28 of those, I choose my friends very carefully and subsequently have very few, I live on the coast with a spectacular sea view, I’ve travelled all over Europe several times with my engaging job as an EMA sales director to ...[text shortened]... religious and political views from myself and who’s opinions I value and allow to challenge my own.
I'm happy to hear about the good things that have happened to you in your life. I really mean that. I'm glad to know that in the real world you're a stand up guy and a straight shooter. I wish all the best to you.

My story is a bit different. I've been a Christian for nearly 40 years, and they haven't been so easy. Of course the first 28 years of my life were much worse.

I'm an entrepreneur of sorts. I've successfully started three small businesses in the last 25 years or so. Nothing to brag about, but I've made a descent living. I'm semiretired now, but I'll work till I drop. It's in my bones.

My greatest success I think is my family. Six children and the 13th grandchild any day now. My church family, which extends around the globe. Over the decades I have helped support missionaries and orphans as far away as India. These are the things going with me into the next life. Storing up treasures as it were.

Of course though, much of what I've done in the body will not make it through the fire. But as Peter said, I'd like to experience an abundant entrance into the presence of God.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I find this forum a fascinating reflection of and insight into the religious mind-map of the proudly dogmatic, the misanthropists and the spiritual prisoners of the whore of Babylon who’s minds the octopus like tentacles have gripped like vice.
I suppose, in the human sense, much of that is true.

Thing is though, God doesn't see His children in that light, and it's His business to deal with each individual's faults according to His truth.

As God's servants and stewards of His Word it is our business to edify and build up the body of Christ. Not, as Paul says, to bite and devour.

Nobody's perfect.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
As God's servants and stewards of His Word it is our business to edify and build up the body of Christ. Not, as Paul says, to bite and devour.
I think if you led by example instead of just telling everyone what a great Christian you are, your words might sound a little less hollow.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I think if you led by example instead of just telling everyone what a great Christian you are, your words might sound a little less hollow.
I never said I was a great Christian. If asked I would confess I was indeed a poor example.

How you arrived at that idea is beyond me, but it does explain a lot about you. For example; why you make everything personal and debase Christians posting in this forum.

Of course it follows that you'd have to go off topic to do it.

Anyway, I grow weary of this debate with you. I would much rather enter this forum and have civil discourse than waste my time bickering over personal issues.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
11 Mar 19

@secondson said
Anyway, I grow weary of this debate with you. I would much rather enter this forum and have civil discourse than waste my time bickering over personal issues.
So are you saying that you regret calling me an a-hole, dense, a pinhead and an enemy of God?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Mar 19

@divegeester said
So are you saying that you regret calling me an a-hole, dense, a pinhead and an enemy of God?
If I had the time, and the interest, to find and quote the exact contexts from which you keep regurgitating these grudges you hold, probably not.

I'm quite certain that you initiated my retorts by your vindictive and over critical, insulting, degrading and vitriolic inferences leveled against Christians posting in this forum.

Thing is divegeester, is that that's what you do, and it gripes your ars that this Christian won't stand for it, but I think you like it that way just the same. After all these years you've developed a siege mentality and a combative nature relative to civil discourse with a penchant for ad hominem attacks against Christians.

You obviously have no regrets.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
11 Mar 19

@secondson said
If I had the time, and the interest, to find and quote the exact contexts from which you keep regurgitating these grudges you hold, probably not.I'm quite certain that you initiated my retorts by your vindictive and over critical, insulting, degrading and vitriolic inferences leveled against Christians posting in this forum.
So not only are you vacuously claiming you want “civil discourse” while being blatantly abusive yourself, you also don't even take respinsibiity for your own behaviour and blame someone else!

You’re a piece of work Joseph.

L
dude

USA

Moves
11 Mar 19

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.