What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@suzianne said
This is a problem with Christianity today, people are actually trying to make it into a popularity contest.

I hear all kinds of Chriistians say "it's not my opinion, it says this right in the Bible". Yes, it IS 'your opinion' because what anyone claims is mostly their interpretation of what is written. This is nowhere better seen than right here in this very foru ...[text shortened]... , you're appealing to your audience, i.e. making the meaning of scripture into a popularity contest.
Excuse me suzianne for not being exactly certain about what you're saying.

Would you please pardon my ineptness? Will you explain what you mean in simpler terms relative to what I said in the post of mine you replied to with what you said above?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Mar 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Well said.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@sonhouse said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Well said.
Sonhouse, my old friend, to which post of Ghost-of-a-Duke's are you replying to?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
Sonhouse, my old friend, to which post of Ghost-of-a-Duke's are you replying to?
Sorry, I forgot to do the quote thing, I'll have to delve into the 30 pages and find it๐Ÿ˜‰

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I boldly suggest Christianity does just that. It divides humans up into those worthy of salvation and those destined for damnation.

I put it to you sir that religion gets in the way of what it truly means to be human and denigrates our commonality.
Well said....Part Deux. Whew, going backwards to page one is a pain in the ass๐Ÿ˜‰

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@sonhouse said
Well said....Part Deux. Whew, going backwards to page one is a pain in the ass๐Ÿ˜‰
Ok. ๐Ÿค” So exactly what is it that the Ghost said that you think was "well said"?

I mean, in your own words, why do you agree with the Ghost that Christianity divides humans into two groups? i.e., the lost and the saved?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
You didn't actually read anything.
This is an excellent retort.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Excellent point!
Suzianne is pointing out that SecondSon saying in his post “it’s what the bible says” is a poor debating tactic in this forum where it happens a lot.

Considering that the phrase is also one of your frequent weapons of choice, I find it interesting that you choose to acknowledge the quality of Suzianne’s point. Perhaps you didn’t understand what she was saying...

As you can see from his reply to her, SecondSon wasn’t as impressed as you seem to be.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
This is an excellent retort.
Why, because it's true?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
Why is it ok in your world for you to have an atheist as an “old friend” but it is not ok for me?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19

@secondson said
Why, because it's true?
Sarchasm (n.)
The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Suzianne is pointing out that SecondSon saying in his post “it’s what the bible says” is a poor debating tactic in this forum where it happens a lot.

Considering that the phrase is also one of your frequent weapons of choice, I find it interesting that you choose to acknowledge the quality of Suzianne’s point. Perhaps you didn’t understand what she was saying...

As you can see from his reply to her, SecondSon wasn’t as impressed as you seem to be.
I'll point out to you divegeester, that when I say “it’s what the bible says”, I said it to you, and because you claim to be a Christian, and because I said it in the context of a debate about what the Bible says, it's not a "tactic", but instead is said to support the contention I was making relative to what the Bible actually says in contrast to the unbiblical assertions you make.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
I'll point out to you divegeester, that when I say “it’s what the bible says”, I said it to you, and because you claim to be a Christian, and because I said it in the context of a debate about what the Bible says, it's not a "tactic", but instead is said to support the contention I was making relative to what the Bible actually says in contrast to the unbiblical assertions you make.
I’m aware of why you think you say it. Suzianne (without meaning to speak for her, just her post) thinks it is an ineffective way of making your point and she is absolutely spot on.

Further to that I’m interested also in the background to the emotive drives which make you post like that. For example, your seeming self-perception of being an authority on Biblical interpretation and your prickly blowhard forum demeanour which punctuates virtually every post you make and probably derives from your relatively influential, albeit junior, position in your little church where your wield your years of Christian service as a tenure of authority over the young and the elderly in a pitiful attempt to ease the bitterness that you are not able or not permitted to teach due to your obviously lack of scriptural insight.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Why is it ok in your world for you to have an atheist as an “old friend” but it is not ok for me?
Because I don't take sides in a debate with those that argue against Christians like you do. It would be different if you could stay on topic and address the points Christians make in any given debate, but you don't, instead you deflect, criticize and insult.

Having friends that are atheists isn't the issue, I have some myself, but it appears you don't have any Christians friends in this forum, and why, because you make yourself out as better while deriding and making execrations against those you should esteem brothers and sisters.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Mar 19

@divegeester said

Further to that I’m interested also in the background to emotive drives that make you post like that; for example your seeming self-perception of being an authority on Biblical interpretation and your prickly blowhard forum demeanour which punctuates virtually every post you make and probably derives from your relatively influential, albeit junior, position in your litt ...[text shortened]... e bitterness that your lack of scriptural insight means that you are not able or permitted to teach.
Apparently you have a crystal ball, or perhaps you're a soothsayer or even a prophet.

Do you have a psychic hotline number too?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.